[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I start seeing what is there and stop seeing what I know

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1503102411740.jpg (59KB, 540x542px) Image search: [Google]
1503102411740.jpg
59KB, 540x542px
How do I start seeing what is there and stop seeing what I know I'm looking at?
>>
>>3118639

By observing and analyzing the shapes, more than you draw. Constantly stop yourself to see what's in-front of you, as soon as you become impatient and want to wing it, stop yourself and go back to observing.
>>
>>3118639
whoa holy shit that picture gave me the heebie jeebies jesus christo.

uhm. well i have some advice too i guess.
Artists have processes to their work. Every piece that looks amazing had a lot of versions and studies and many many barebones groundworks sketches behind them. You can believe that people don't but then it's easy to be a human render farm in this day and age.

In any case, the point I am trying to get at is that you must attribute the act of looking with your eyeballs as part of your creative process. Don't just look and curse yourself because the entirety of the image didn't get auto-stamped into your brain. Look for very specific things that help you build up the image, in the real world.

That is why people always tell you to practise construction. Practise breaking down what you see into its most prominent mechanics and features, like /v/irgins who are too bitter, they can't enjoy games at all because they play it and boil it down immediately into specificities and buzzwords and assume what will become of it later, simply because.
Contrary to stigma, that is a form of confidence which might seem cringeworthy, but is strength when it come to facing the unknown. Call it stupidity but when you believe you know what you are looking at then at least you can get started on it, and force yourself to understand the intricacies and quirks of the subject matter over time. Because that is also important: time. You have to look at things for a long time.

Anyways, don't post that picture ever again.
>>
File: 1499651520209.jpg (809KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1499651520209.jpg
809KB, 2048x1365px
>>3118646
>>3118655
Thank you for the advice. I will read is several times and really try to take it to heart. What is wrong with that photo anyway?
>>
>>3118639
Try using a mirror to break up the visual assumptions.
>>
>>3118661
>What is wrong with that photo anyway?

Huh?
>>
Seriously it's just a stuffed animal.

Maybe anon had an uncanny valley moment.
>>
>>3118639
Anon should get his dog checked out.
>>
The standard exercises like blind contours, negative space, drawing connecting angles, etc do help. A lot of people do one of them once or twice ever and then decide they're not working. Do a few several times as warm-up before you start a study. It puts you in a clearer mindset to trust and understand what you're looking at
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.