[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If your draws are full-weeb style, would it be considered cultural

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

If your draws are full-weeb style, would it be considered cultural appropriation?
>>
no
It just means that you're autistic
>>
anime originated under the influence of disney
>>
>>3118200
>Cultural appropriation
Why do you care? Is your circle composed of people who will chastise you for this?
>>
File: 871012275_1812660.gif (128KB, 282x400px) Image search: [Google]
871012275_1812660.gif
128KB, 282x400px
aint nuttin but a g thang OP
>>
>>3118233
Not really. But improving on this style doesn't seem right since you didn't even born asian.
>>
>>3118239
I don't see why. Cultures borrow from each other all the time. If they didn't life would suck.
>>
it means you struggle with finding a sense of belonging
>>
>>3118200
Since anime was originally heavily inspired by western animation, it's more like cultural repossession.
>>
>>3118200
Anime style drawing of Japanese videogame character based on western women dressed in western clothes, in a western church.
You tell me who is culture appropriating.
>>
>>3118239
>But improving on this style doesn't seem right since you didn't even born asian.
Allowing yourself to be limited by the circumstances of your birth is one of the most crippling things you can do in life. Don't feel guilty about borrowing or expanding upon aspects of another culture, and don't let anyone make you feel bad for it. Cultural Appropriation is bullshit.
>>
The concept of cultural appropriation is absurd in the first place. Cultures are always changing and evolving, co-mingling, starting, dying out. Culture is a fluid idea. The thought that a culture is suddenly a sacred cow, and you're not allowed to use elements of that culture if you don't belong to it, is contrary to everything that has led up to all modern civilizations.

When traditional western artists discovered Japan initially, and visa-versa, there was an explosion of new and interesting artwork, to the benefit of everyone.

To segregate everyone into a specific culture they have to belong to is just part of progressive politics. If you can't paint everyone with a broad brushstroke, concepts in social justice and identity politics break down completely because they can't handle human individuality or complexity.
>>
>>3118200
cultural approbation maybe
>>
>>3118234
sauce on the artist
>>
>>3118200
No such thing. Go back to tumblr, pansy.
>>
What's the tag for this heart tit meme? Ive been seeing it everywhere ltely.
>>
>>3118870
Check the file name.
>>
>>3118200
do Japanese artists feel flattered when they see western artists try to imitate anime?
>>
>>3118200
The weak should fear the strong
>>
>>3119163
nah. japs "culturally appropriate" the west all the time. a popular anime i just started watching has 80% characters with common western names they can't even pronounce right.
>>
>>3118239
that's like saying non-westerners can't improve their skills through the sticky books
just do whatever, man
>>
>>3118200
I can barely tell she is pressing her tit, looks more like chestless monster.Genzoman is such a talentless hack.
>>
"anime style" isn't culturally inherent to Japan
>>
>>3118830
Cultural appropriation is not an inherently negative word. In fact this
>Cultures are always changing and evolving, co-mingling, starting, dying out. Culture is a fluid idea
is pretty much the definition cultural appropriation. People just use the term as a negative because people are retarded.
>>
>>3118239
Imagine saying white people weren't allowed to play jazz because it wouldn't seem right, since they weren't black. Art and culture goes beyond race over time and it's retarded to say that you aren't allowed to do something because of the color of your skin.
>>
>>3119545
>People just use the term as a negative because people are retarded.
>People
that implies everybody does that, when instead is just americans. Lineage insecurity I guess
>>
>>3120014
>Imagine saying white people weren't allowed to play jazz because it wouldn't seem right, since they weren't black.
>what is white jazz
>what is muh whitey stole the black man’s culture again
>>
>>3119545
americans so brain washed by the elite that they think black americans are a literal different culture from white americans, you're all the same dudes dudes
>>
>>3118830
I understand your train of thought, but I believe you are misinterpreting the term of cultural appropriation (as are a few people in this thread).

It's not criticizing cultural exchange or promoting cultural isolationism, not at all. It describes when one culture takes something away from another culture at the expense of that culture.

An example:Yoga is inherently Indian, yet nowadays in the west most people think of thin white women in "yoga pants" when they hear the word. That's because while Yoga was brought to the west by Indians, it was quickly adopted by large corporations that erased the Indian origins to turn a culture that's not theirs into profit, while at the same time destroying any chances for original and authentic Indian teachers to live from their craft - none of them can compete with investment-heavy discount studios.

That is cultural appropriation, and the damage it does to the affected culture's people is what makes it problematic.

In this case here however, I don't think it would be cultural appropriation, since the audiences are so very separate. There's hardly any exchange between the Japanese and the western fan cultures afaik - Japanese artists have mainly Japanese fans and western artists have mainly western fans.
So you wouldn't steal likes/watchers/patrons/commissions or otherwise negatively affect actual Japanese artists by adopting their style, because your audience will most likely be western only anyway.
>>
>>3120130
>all Indian yoga is better and should be protected
>all non-indian yoga is worse and fuck em
this is dumb
>>
>>3119166
He meant if nips even care about americans and yuros drawing anime style.
>>
>>3118200
I'm Japanese on the inside, so no.
>>
Can people stop this meme of Aerith having no tits already
>>
File: 76b.png (245KB, 450x349px) Image search: [Google]
76b.png
245KB, 450x349px
>>3118200
>This excites the dick.
>>
>>3118200
>If your draws are full-weeb style, would it be considered cultural appropriation?
Unless you're also denying that you're a weeb and claiming its something you came up with yourself then no.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.