[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>PAOLO UCCELLO would have been the most gracious and fanciful

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: vase-in-perspective.jpg (2MB, 1175x1700px) Image search: [Google]
vase-in-perspective.jpg
2MB, 1175x1700px
>PAOLO UCCELLO would have been the most gracious and fanciful genius that was ever devoted to the art of painting, from Giotto's day to our own, if he had labored as much at figures and animals as he labored and lost time over the details of perspective; for although these are ingenious and beautiful, yet if a man pursues them beyond measure he does nothing but waste his time, exhausts his powers, fills his mind with difficulties, ad often transforms its fertility and readiness into sterility and constraint, and renders his manner, by attending more to these details than to figures, dry and angular, which all comes from a wish to examine things too minutely; not to mention that very often he becomes solitary, eccentric, melancholy, and poor, as did Paolo Uccello.

>This man, endowed by nature with a penetrating and subtle mind, knew no other delight than to investigate certain difficult, nay, impossible problems of perspective, which, although they were fanciful and beautiful, yet hindered him so greatly in the painting of figures, that the older he grew the worse he did them. And there is no doubt that if a man does violence to his nature with too ardent studies, although he may sharpen one edge of his genius, yet nothing that he does appears done with that facility and grace which are natural to those who put each stroke in its proper place temperately and with a calm intelligence full of judgment, avoiding certain subtleties that rather burden a man work with a certain laboured, dry, constrained, and bad manner, which moves those who see it rather to compassion than to marvel; for the spirit of genius must be driven into action only when the intellect wishes to set itself to work and when the fire of inspiration is kindled, since it is then that excellent and divine qualities and marvellous conceptions are seen to issue forth.
/ic/ BTFO once again.
>>
>Strive and putting all your effort on one thing
>only get good at that one thing

This really made me invoke thought and sparked my synapses that was enlightening as well as invoking higher levels consciousness and almonds.
>>
File: image.jpg (901KB, 2024x2482px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
901KB, 2024x2482px
Stay grateful!

https://youtu.be/2FQO1fj1MJU
>>
File: 1495511008269.gif (924KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1495511008269.gif
924KB, 500x281px
>>3117335
>solitary, eccentric, melancholy, and poor, as did Paolo Uccello.

Not only does that description fit me to a T, I have also invested all my time into learning perspective for the past 8 months.
>>
It's beautiful.
>>
>>3117335
>my adhd brain barely absorbed any of that...
>>
>>3117606
TL;DR don't focus on one technique or you will stagnate
>>
File: AllPointsIntoPerspective.jpg (703KB, 3300x2550px) Image search: [Google]
AllPointsIntoPerspective.jpg
703KB, 3300x2550px
>>3117335
>>3117426
>>3117608
Seems fine to me.
>>
>>3117426
Have a bar of chocolate
>>
>>3117608
I think he was saying not to focus on the wrong things, and spending too much time obsessing over technique in general will make your art stiff.
>>
>Look guys! Paolo Uccello went full retard! That means I don't have to learn perspective!
Fag, you are decades away from "overdoing" it.
>>
>>3119070
This
>>
>>3117335
where is this from?
its genius.
>>
>>3119078
Vasari's "Lives of the Artists"
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.