[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't imagine sinking low enough to want to work for a

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1231313213.jpg (518KB, 1200x833px) Image search: [Google]
1231313213.jpg
518KB, 1200x833px
I can't imagine sinking low enough to want to work for a video game company, especially a big company. Having your creativity regularly stifled by idiot producers and their executive bosses would be maddening to me.

Freelance really is the only way, isn't it, /ic/?
>>
you're retarded.
>>
>>3116635

t. idiot who's dream is to work at a big game company
>>
>>3116627
Some people have families & real lives to worry about
>>
>>3116627
>Freelance really is the only way, isn't it, /ic/?

How did you get to that conclusion? As freelancer you also answer to art directors who get their orders from producers and executives. They don't just let you draw whatever and then pay for it. The only difference is you aren't as closely involved with the project, so you'll be told what to do over phone / skype isntead of a boardroom meeting.
>>
>>3116627

>Having your creativity regularly stifled by idiot producers and their executive bosses would be maddening to me.

Freelancing is the same way, but usually worse. Studio work is nice, though; you don't have total creative freedom and sometimes you'll have to "crunch" and work 12 hour days with no weekends for months at a time to meet arbitrary deadlines, but you get a steady paycheck and you don't have to spend 50% of your time (or more) hunting for work.

I love studio work, desu. Put on a podcast and just draw and paint all day in a creative environment with other creative people working toward a common goal. Cozy as fuck.
>>
>>3116694
Then get a job at Google making bank, not slaving away at EA for shit pay
>>
>>3116745
Why would google pay their regular employees more than EA? Are you an idiot?
>>
stupid thread
>>
>>3116627

What's the difference? You are going to have to meet goals and expectations regardless. Clients are not going to let you do whatever you want, they'll want something specific too and you better listen to them.
>>
>>3116627
There are areas where you can let your creativity flow, but also areas where you should shut up and listen to others, especially if they're paying you or if you're on a colab project.

If that's too hard to understand, you might want to go live a hippie life in the fucking mountains, maybe you'll find peace for your creativity there.
>>
>>3116652
swing and a miss.
>>
Any sort of commercial work will limit what you can make for a project. Your creativity isn't stifled, but rather it's your goal to use your creativity to make something within the bounds that you're given.

It's often referred to as a "JOB", where you trade your time and skills in return for money.
>>
>>3116627
>Freelance really is the only way, isn't it, /ic/?
ahhah, freelance blows. Especially for those who find their footing as a freelancer = literally starting inside Plato's cave. Get an internship ---> studio job first.
>>
You still have clients as a freelancer.

You have to be a REALLY FUCKING GOOD freelancer to reach the point where clients will give you the freedom to "just do you all I want is your interpretation of the thing I'm asking for", and that'll usually be because they're looking for your aesthetic to start with. Say for example if Yoji Shinkawa were freelancing and I wanted his art for a project of mine, I'd probably be commissioning him with the expectation he do his thing because I like his thing, and presume he knows better than I do how to design around that aesthetic.

Even then, if he started sending me sketches of dinosaurs for my cyberpunk project that wouldn't be fucking acceptable.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.