[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I just quit? I've been drawing for two years and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1008.jpg (79KB, 1000x992px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1008.jpg
79KB, 1000x992px
Should I just quit? I've been drawing for two years and for the past few days I have not drawn anything worthwhile. Most of my sketches o sped 2 hours on, realize are shit, and then trash + repeat

Doesn't help I can never come up with ideas for what to draw. I think I've already blown my load desu, I might just kill myself since art was the only thing I had
>>
>>3116493
Yes. Give it up. For your own sake.
>>
>feel thread cancer
Report them all
>>
>>3116493
Plateaus and blocks are normal for all artists, if you had actually been drawing for two years you would know this already.
>>
>>3116503
He probably knows but like most poeple who are new to it can't overcome.
>>
>frustration, trash, repeat

No wonder you don't get better.
>>
>>3116493
stupid frog poster
>>
Keep at it, I believe in you
>>
You can't give up, you use the internet. On the internet there are many art pieces, it's an endless cycle.
>>
>4 years
>want to be comic artist
>can't into character consistency to save my life
>can't write
>>
>>3116746
>can't into character consistency to save my life

If by this you mean keeping characters on-model, that's a problem. Keep practicing. Make character sheets and work off of those every time you draw those characters

>can't write

That's okay, nobody really cares as long as the art is cool enough.
>>
>>3116493
What do you want from us, pity?
Listen here you motherfucker, if you love art you'll find a way, you'll overcome your laziness and stick to a proper learning routine. Or did you expect drawing to be easy, did you expect it to be all fun and games?
It's not and not many people doing it is the proof - it's only for those who are willing to put int the hours.
2 years is nothing.
>>
>>3116759
>Can't write
>Okay
Awfully wrong, simplistic designs have always been overlooked as long as the writing is good ( PPG, Dexter Lab, Sailor Moon, Any decent comic ever )
The only way the opposite happens is in modern anime and in games
>>
i looked at my "work" from two years ago

i came further than i could have ever imagined

hell i came really far compared to 5 months ago

it really. really motivates me. because every day i ask myself whats the point, you know? and its such a strong heavy mood to be in.

but the facts are facts. practise with a critical eye and an evolving taste and youll amaze yourself.

and dont forget to enjoy the small victories.
>>
Am I the only one whose reaction to this kind of thoughts is always "Jesus Christ do it if you like it don't do it if you don't like it it's not like someone is forcing you"? Cause I feel like it's only me.
>>
>>3117005
No. I'm sick of blog and 'feel' threads. They should all be deleted and banned. No one fucking cares if some faggot quit or not. I don't understand how this shit still gets replies.
>>
>>3116493
>2 yeers
well here's your problem
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.