[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>realize I'm NGMI >Have son who I force to learn

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: dad.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
dad.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>realize I'm NGMI
>Have son who I force to learn art from an early age
>dictate to him what to draw as long as he is made to feel obligated from a history of emotional neglect from his otherwise kind father

Anything wrong with this plan?
>>
How to properly raise kids to be great artist, /ic/? What would be your ideal plan? Start having them draw at age 2?
>>
As soon as he/she comes out of the vagina put a pencil in their hand, grab their hand, and push their hand in circular motions on a sketchbook until it screams bloody Mary. Tell the doctors it is necessary before giving the baby back to them.
>>
why don't asians ever do this? Its always just piano or violin. Why not drawing?
>>
>>3116093
You still won't have made it.
>>
>>3116097
>give your child carpal tunnel before the age of 5
>>
>>3116099
Chunbum is an example of an asian who is into drawing.
>>
>>3116106
well of course anyone can have a predisposition or interest. I mean why don't asian parents force their kids into visual art as much as music?
>>
>>3116110
i'm assuming because being "good" at music is easier to measure objectively
>>
>>3116110
They do, but perhaps it's not as noticeable. Or it's more difficult? I mean, look at /ic/ and how hard teaching art is with all its myths and misleads. I remember seeing the art galleries in highschool and asian names aren't easy to miss. They obviously were better than any /beg/, but it wasn't like anything amazing. It could just be art teachers are more expensive than music teachers because of the work you need to put in for the results to show up.
>>
>>3116099
>>3116110
>>3116114
Visual art has a higher skill cap than music.
>>
>>3116093
is this you dad?
>>
>>3116117
Why am I not learning piano instead of spending my time here?
>>
>>3116126
Because you're a poorfag and can't afford a piano.
>>
>>3116117
t. Dunning Kruger'd moron
>>
>>3116111
I disagree. There is no equivalent of "phtorealism" in music. In fact asians often end up becoming piano roll robots because they never learn about dynamics and treat playing like a race to the coda. But in visual art you don't even need to stylize because photorealism is the most objective benchmark there is. What makes a good portrait? Accuracy. What makes a good rendition of La Campanella? Well managed inaccuracy.
>>
>>3116145
I don't know much about music, what is it that separates a robotic musician, and one that's more lively? When they both play equally accurately?
>>
>>3116110
>implying KJG's parents weren't all like "You draw box now. We can't afford piano or starcraft"
>>
>>3116150
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5SZuhxfC4s

vs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RyoK8rw4Sw

Says more than I could by trying to bullshit musical terminology
>>
>>3116172
oh lol I thought that was Yuja Wang. But you'd probably hear a similar kind of thing from her (and she is a meme)
>>
>>3116117
I would argue anything with both a performance and artistic aspect would have to be more difficult than drawing.
>>
>>3116174
>Yuja Wang
What's bad about her?
>>
>>3116118
fuck off neil
>>
>>3116177
She's bland. But in all fairness you really can't compare any current day performers to the old masters. Sometimes they got carried away too.

https://youtu.be/Um1OmSQi_P4?t=1m
>>
>>3116188
Why are the old masters better?
>>
>>3116093
couldn't you make him do something useful, plus your son will probably be retarded, plus you need to fuck a lady to have a son, plus you can't get a lady because you're retarded
>>
>>3116192
Why is everything of an artistic nature so hopelessly mediocre now? Namely the rise of the middle class
>>
>>3116129

Right in the feels.
>>
File: you have brain damage.png (1MB, 2558x1438px) Image search: [Google]
you have brain damage.png
1MB, 2558x1438px
>>3116093
>filling the already oversaturated arteries of the economy with more artsy fartsy faggots who would have been more productive working at mcdonalds
>not following the actually beneficial nip stereotype of making kids go into shit like math, science and engineering

Actually kill yourself.
>>
>>3116110

Easier to show off. You can impress normies with fur Elise in 2 minutes, but it takes long to draw.
>>
>>3116562
bullshit, you can show people your drawings and make them ooh and ah
>>
>>3116093
that's what sakimichan's mom did
>You’re a well known digital artist with increasing popularity, when did you start your journey with art?

>I started drawing simple stuff like carrots and flowers when I was 4, my mom was the one who forced me, so back then I didn’t really like to draw. At the age of 6 my mom stopped forcing me to draw and I started to like drawing, I doodled casually for fun. I started getting into the digital art world at the age of 16, and after the first 2 years I was convinced that was what I wanted to do. I was filled with passion and motivation for it and practiced a lot to get to where I am now.
>>
>>3116594
You would know if your kid was practicing the piano, you wouldn't know if your kid was actually painting/drawing, or just shitposting on /ic/
>>
>>3116613
>tfw when I was in 4th grade my art got published in a kids magazine and I got paid 50 bucks for it
>later one of my comic strips got put in the school newspaper
>tfw my parents still never encouraged me to pursue art
>tfw haven't made a dime off art since then and now my parents actually discourage me from doing it
I-I coulda been like salami chan! I-its not fair!
>>
>>3116659
Post your current work
>>
>>3116659
too bad anon. those childhood experiences are the first signs of talent.
>>
>>3116544
I don't even want a kid. I just want free art dude.
>>
>>3116110
because you learn to pick up a pencil and draw at home. you need a piano and a teacher to learn play one
>>
>>3117079
This feels exactly like what an asian parent would say.
>>
>>3116093
>Anything wrong with this plan?

Your father didn't pull out soon enough
>>
File: weeb.jpg (78KB, 580x676px) Image search: [Google]
weeb.jpg
78KB, 580x676px
The Japanese can't even get that one right
>>
>>3117832
what "one" is that sweety?
>>
>>3116117
this is really true.
music is easier than drawing. music can be broken into patterns and scales and all that and when learned on a piano can be applied across any instrument . you can write music mechanically and it will sound good.
if you do a drawing mechanically it will be stiff or off some how.
drawing fundamentals are in my opinion far more of abstract concept than music is when broken into its basic components.
citation : i play 6 instruments.
>>
>>3117832
lol thats the result of what the Japanese do.
Push them so hard they break and this is what you get.
>>
>>3118390
wrong, otaku are extremely dedicated to their niche, these men are passionate gods singularly obsessed with something that just happens to be useless. American fans can't even compete, they spread themselves thinly across every fanbase, zero dedication.
>>
>>3116765
UP
>>
>>3117843
that's because music has a language. visual art is has none.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.