[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Day job at a computer >Come home and work on a digital

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: F2D_800.jpg (46KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
F2D_800.jpg
46KB, 800x800px
>Day job at a computer
>Come home and work on a digital painting
>Wake up with eyes that feel like they're full of sand
Do you find eye drops helpful in reducing eye fatigue?
>>
of course eye drops help. but if you're drawing for hours take a break at least once an hour. 10 minutes should be enough just go easy on eyes dude you need those to see what youre drawing.
>>
>>3115501

That sandy feeling is probably due to you not blinking enough due to being very focused on the computer screen. This is making the tear film of your eye become unstable/unreplenished from blinks and more likely to go to shit and evaporate on you. Eyedrops will help with that, or just forcing yourself to blink more often.

A different type of fatigue will also occur from your eye muscles constantly focusing on a screen up close to you + converging your eyes; regular breaks looking off into the distance is also recommended to avoid this. You can also ask your optometrist about glasses specifically for reading (theyre not just for old people!) which can do some focusing for you and let your eyes relax more. For these reasons you also should not try to learn your face too close to the screen.

Also if you're just painting in black and white, consider using a yellow (blue-free) screen filter like flux because certain cells in your eye regulate your sleep patterns through exposure to blue light.

t. Optom student
>>
>>3115501
what this guy said >>3115533
otherwise you'll develop dry eye syndrome and will be fucked for quite a bit till you heal them.
also do eye exercises
>>
>>3115501
Have you tried blinking?
>>
>>3115867
can I have a link pls? I hope it's atleast onetime pay and not subscription base
>>
>>3115501
Lacrilube is better for night use.
>>
I just use saline solution (0,9% NaCl) during the day. All the eye drops kinda stop working after some time and very expensive.
>>
>>3115867
Best books or tutorials on blinking? I've seen blinkchimi chans tutorial but I couldn't understand it that well. I posted in the /beg/ thread about it but they said I shouldn't be focusing on blinking until I master the fundies.
>>
>>3115501
Yes.

Use Systane since those actually heal your eyes back to normal instead of being a temporary solution.
>>
>>3115501
use reading glasses, it helps some artists i've seen
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.