[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>post work Can this be filtered yet? It adds nothing to discussion

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: 1495934560452.jpg (79KB, 319x319px) Image search: [Google]
1495934560452.jpg
79KB, 319x319px
>post work
Can this be filtered yet? It adds nothing to discussion and is a shitposting meme at this point. If we filter baka and senpai, then this should be a no brainer.
>>
>>3115089
I actually think the opposite, if you are giving criticism you should have to post some work, the reason being that a lot of awful beginners feel comfortable giving bad advice for some reason.
>>
>>3115105
I agree. If not that then at least provide a redline/redraw.

I don't mind critique and take most of it, but beginners giving advice to beginners isn't going to end up being beneficial. There's a lot of bad advice around.
>>
>>3115105
I kinda agree but it has gone to absurd levels. Basically any kind of controversial opinion needs work attached to it

>I think digital is better than traditional
>post work

That is just an example but I've seen plenty of retarded shit
>>
>>3115089
I feel like the fact that you can't see peoples work after reading their shitposts is one of the worst aspects of ic desu
>>
>>3115089
ppl would just find a way around
>>
>>3115089
>he's too fucking shit to post his work so he makes a thread bitching about it
Post work or I'll discard your opinion.
>>
File: 1.jpg (87KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
87KB, 408x408px
If you are not willing to post your work, maybe you should learn to keep quiet.
>>
>>3115105
>if you are giving criticism you should have to post some work

No.

On a more immediate level, posting work with your criticism, if it is unasked for can be an awkward kind of grandstanding.

If it is requested (usually by an angry poster with thin skin who can't take criticism) then on another level posting work is just sating an irate posters' aversion which is not productive.

The point is this: Even the worst artist in the world has two eyes and is capable of giving advice. Take this example. The figure in the person's piece has an arm attached wrong. Someone who is a beginner points this out and doesn't HURR POST WORK. Well seeing an arm attached wrong doesn't take Caravaggio.
>>
>>3115822
I will add: It's like an novelist telling his editor. HURR POST NOVEL YOU'VE PUBLISHED FAGGOT IF U KNOW SO MUCH.
>>
>>3115819
post work
>>
>>3115089

If you get offended by people asking you to post your work, is because your work is probably shit.
>>
>>3115822
yeah it doesnt take a caravaggio
But to provide actual constructive feedback- it should come from someone atleast higher in skill level
redlines done by beginners on intermediate work is fucking stupid.

REALIZE that this only happens here, in an anonymous art board. Once names are attached with sketchbooks, blogs i.e. in every other art community, you wont find any beginner redlining intermediate art
>posting work with criticism can be awkward
fuck you have you ever posted anywhere besides /ic/ ? Its only awkward if your art is COMPLETE TRASH and you are dunning kruger

Those communities are actually doing much better than /ic/ and makes me think post work is the solution to shitposts
>>
>>3115089
It seems its only a problem within the art community, if your car is broken whos opinions would you trust more , a mechanic with 20 years of work experience or some hobbyist dude who sometimes fixes his broken car from youtube videos? Most artists are really retarded.
>>
>>3115854
post work
>>
File: drinking.png (113KB, 325x400px) Image search: [Google]
drinking.png
113KB, 325x400px
>>3115843
that is because you don't realize that there are more than a few decent artists that come to ic just to shitpost. Does posting their work add any value to a discussion? I don't think so.

This place may be useful to grow as an artist and leave behind the dunning kruger (it did for me), but it is still mainly a place where to vent frustration and boredom onto anonymous people. The benefits are just an unexpected side effect.
>>
why has nobody posted work yet
:thinking:
>>
>>3115860
>>3115822
>decent artists that come to ic just to shitpost
No. Just no. You trying to secure your shitposting ability. Meta thread already showed that /ic/ shitposters like you fear IDs and flags. You don't need to know how to draw for shitposting.
>>
>>3115872

Teal comes here to shitpost. Sinix is the one making the sycra threads. Noah shills himself here posting images of himself.
>>
>>3115874
>Teal comes here to shitpost
Nah, dude. Teal doesn't fear to post his work. You can ask him on stream anytime
>Sinix is the one making the sycra threads. Noah shills himself here posting images of himself.
I made those threads. Yes, and Kr0n poster is me too. Surprise motherfucker
>>
>>3115089
Shut up & post your work
>>
File: 353.jpg (30KB, 720x438px) Image search: [Google]
353.jpg
30KB, 720x438px
>>3115872
>You trying to secure your shitposting ability
lol like if I need to. I think you forgot where you are

>You don't need to know how to draw for shitposting
being good doesn't exactly make you stop either
>>
>>3115872
>You don't need to know how to draw for shitposting.
You actually do because it helps make your posts seem more real. If you're just faking it, it's obvious. Like those posters who shit on people's year of progress. They have never drawn that long so they don't understand how much improvement it is.
>>
>>3115970
>You actually do because it helps make your posts seem more real
You just need to read books and watch videos
>>
>>3115089
Smh desu senpai
>>
>>3115089
the real problem is there should be a better place to discuss art shit openly and honestly but there really isn't.
>>
>>3115105
You might want to read up on this matter

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque
>>
>>3116013
>Peter: "Based on the arguments I have presented, it is evident that it is morally wrong to use animals for food or clothing."
>Bill: "But you are wearing a leather jacket and you have a roast beef sandwich in your hand! How can you say that using animals for food and clothing is wrong?"
Isn't this straight up how SJW argue?
>>
File: kuroi.jpg (30KB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
kuroi.jpg
30KB, 356x200px
>>3115089
the whole "post work" meme is a beautiful thing, it has produced countless instances of people either shutting the fuck up, being laughed at for being shite, or, on the rarest of occasions, silencing the room with some actual display of talent and
skill, all of which either validates or discredits their shit talk and/or critique.
>>3115822
You bring up a very good point, I just think when you're floating in the cesspool that is /ic/, there's honestly more bad advice than good floating around and I can see how its annoying, but at the end of the day it's a taunt to actually present yourself, and even if its out of spite this board could use the transparency.
>>
File: 147854965423421.png (90KB, 482x315px) Image search: [Google]
147854965423421.png
90KB, 482x315px
>>3116033
>all of which either validates or discredits their shit talk and/or critique.
That is the core of the problem you dunce. The only argument that an be validated/discredited by posting your work is "I'm better than artist X". Any other argument has not one iota to share with one's own work.

If one posts a drawing with a fucked perspective or a fucked leg, the perspective or the leg are fucked either if a beginner says that or Craig Mullins himself. Maybe the beginner could give shit advice but that doesn't mean his point is invalid.
>>
File: 1490725457531.jpg (176KB, 776x1119px) Image search: [Google]
1490725457531.jpg
176KB, 776x1119px
How retards respond to criticism
>Someone calls your work bad, outlines why and gives advice on how to improve
>Completely disregard everything they said and ask for them to post work
>If anon posts work and it's worse than you are so you can safetly disregard everything they said even if there may be some truth to it
>If anon posts work and it's better than you, nitpick to the point where you can claim they are worse than you or claim that their style or work isn't relevant to your piece, then disregard
>If anon doesn't post work, call him a pussy and disregard
>If anon posts merc_wip and you don't recognize it and you take it seriously, you look like a fucking idiot
>If anon posts merc_wip and you recognize it, accept your defeat or proceed to look like a fucking idiot

How a reasonable human being responds to criticism
>Someone calls your work bad, outlines why and gives advice on how to improve
>Read their criticism and look at your work again, keeping in mind the criticism
>Using your own brain and critical thinking ability, judge whether the criticism is credible based SOLELY on the content of the criticism itself
>If no, kindly disregard
>If yes, take their advice and criticism
>>
Even this thread is a recurring shitpost
>>
>>3116016
Peter: Because I am a shitty feller
>>
>>3116140
your life is a recurring shitpost, delete yourself
>>
>>3115089
sounds like you're a shit artist with no experience or skill. Why would anyone listen to a know nothing faggot like yourself?
>>
>>3116116
your entire opinion is invalid until you......

PYW
>>
>>3115089
This board is full of people trying to learn art. There are no art teachers, hardly anyone in the field, no masters here. The person critiquing might actually be a retard who doesn't know what he's talking about.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.