[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here tried dexedrine or adderall/amps for increased focus

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 4chan-in-use.png (50KB, 753x689px)
4chan-in-use.png
50KB, 753x689px
Anyone here tried dexedrine or adderall/amps for increased focus while grinding through boring practice exercises? Do they help you learn more & get more done?
>>
i take adderall for adhd but it increases my focus in all fields, it affects everyone differently though. just try it for a few weeks and dont take multiple like a retard
>>
>>3114731
I have been on/off for a while(many years) so I know how it works. But I've never tried being on it while drawing.

Sometimes it helps w/ focus but other times it can feel jittery and like I just NEED to do something, anything. I can't imagine that would help w/ drawing cause you'd end up putting down marks without really thinking.

Curious to get others' experiences drawing on this stuff. I know it's valuable when used properly but I don't know how useful it is when trying to learn art
>>
>>3114676
The more important question would be how to get the stuff on a regular basis
>>
>>3114794
see a psychiatrist who will listen to you. be willing to try other stuff first, but IME amps work better than the phenildate(spelling?) class of meds. you can bring this up with the psych you see but it's best to work with them at first if you have no relationship.

If the first psych you see will not work with you then see a 2nd. A 3rd. Be persistent until you find someone who will help.
>>
Honestly? not the best for art, no.

They make you in love with doing the thing, but after you come off you notice so many sloppy details. Surprisingly, family guy put it pretty well, with Brian taking a bunch of adhd meds to write a screenplay for george r r martin. George r r martin tells him he can easily tell it was a piece of shit crapped out during a meth fueled fever dream. Just cause you make a lot of work doesnt mean its meaningful work, and I think thats extremely important when it comes to gitting gud in art. you need to be there, 100%.

I abused the shit out of it to get into college tho
>>
>>3114826
I think its okay to take whatever. It's just that in my experience with adderall, it made me so in love with... 'loving' the work, with the absence of anxiety and doubts.

However, what went out the window was also my standards and critical eye. Funny how that works. If you can get over the thrill, then by all means go for it, and stay focused on your goals. Also fuck bleeding gums.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.