[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Similar to the world of fine art, is there a ponzi scheme going

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 240859539007202.jpg (218KB, 1000x1499px) Image search: [Google]
240859539007202.jpg
218KB, 1000x1499px
Similar to the world of fine art, is there a ponzi scheme going on in the anime art industry in Japan? Do yakuza fund certain rising artists and anime(s) and is why we have 10 seasons of tekyuu! (money laundering) and sameface artists for years? Is that why some nips can get good really fast in some unexplainable way? Thoughts?
>>
I wish i could draw my own anime waifu oc
>>
>>3113625
you can. start right now and have patience.
>>
Don't know about anime but this literally happened to Konami

https://gamecola.net/2017/01/konami-is-a-yakuza-front/
>>
>>3113643
Nice find. It's one example but you know what they say...1 hydra head off, several others remain and grow. I think anime really does have it going on; the crud that (and some of the crud okay to me) that gets constant funding baffles me.
>>
cute things are cute.
Maybe things started that way but there's an actual industry now. I feel same can be said for the comic industry.
Also stop being angry, it's not like you are gonna attract those people to your style either.
>>
>>3113596
the yakuza are basically the banks in japan, like you can't think of them as like the mafia in a gangster movie. so probably not, because they have a level of influence which would make anything you're talking about irrelevant. most likely it's just that you don't entirely understand the market or the process of making and funding anime.(i don't either, who does?)
>>
The yakuza doesn't fund anime. It's people like Sony. Most revenue comes from BD sales and it's not that large. I'm sure they'd be more interested in other things anyway
>>
>>3113596
>using momoco's art to shitpost
Get out of here OP
>>
>>3113596
Sorry, your theory is dumb. The Yakuza is involved in a lot of businesses, but usually for reasons less nefarious than money laundering.

The main activity is what we would consider loan sharking, but it's a real service that people want because Japan's banks have traditionally been very conservative in making loans. If you needed money to start a business or buy a home, you went to the Yakuza. They have no interest in seeing your business fail, unless it's something they wanted to take over.

>>3113847
Comics distribution did start with organized crime. They owned the trucks and the drivers and the unions.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.