[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Last time I asked for critique on this, every reply except one

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: GENTLEFACE.jpg (1MB, 4000x4875px) Image search: [Google]
GENTLEFACE.jpg
1MB, 4000x4875px
Last time I asked for critique on this, every reply except one said it was shit. So I listened to the critique and retouched it. How does it look?
>>
File: Sketch (24).png (478KB, 1227x1343px) Image search: [Google]
Sketch (24).png
478KB, 1227x1343px
If it's still shit please tell me why. Thank you.
<last upload
>>
>>3113572
Ehem*
It is simply an unappealing design/concept for your current abilities to properly execute it.
>>
>>3113589
Can you be more specific? What about the design would suggest that?
>>
Didn't see the last thread but I like it. For a skateboard sticker it aint that bad.
If you're going for an isometric look maybe give the lower part a more blocky look.
>>
>>3113597
Thanks. Like a polygon face? I considered that but i wanted to suggest a transition from mechanical into flesh going down the canvas.
>>
As an artist, I find this design unappealing. As a skateboarder, I also find it unappealing. Who are you making this for?
>>
You won't get it to not suck in the near term.

you lack taste. It comes with experience, and by carefully seeking out and observing better art.

keep at it.
>>
>>3113572
I'm no expert, so disregard my opinion if you want, but I don't think the illustration is bad, it's just not good for a skateboard.
If you look at skateboards, they typically very bold and vibrant designs.
This is just kinda dull, both in color and style
>>
>>3113572
You should have a vertical composition and there is nothing worth looking at the top. You are not using your canvas effectively.
>>
>>3113597
Yeah I'd agree with this. It's mostly the lower face that's throwing me off. Another thing is that the mechanical looking stuff up top is really nice and smooth looking, nice colour contrast and 3d shapes, so everything else seems a little textureless and flat in comparison. Like my eye is drawn to the odd shading on the tongue. There's a few other problems as well, like it seems that the colours of both faces are clashing, but I feel like a quick fix to that would be to make/find a limited palette to use on the whole piece. Something really vibrant, maybe? To be honest, though, I agree with others that the overall design is the biggest problem. The only advice I could give for that is to study other decks' designs.
>>
>>3113572
>Last time I asked for critique on this, every reply except one said it was shit. So I listened to the critique and retouched it. How does it look?
>>3113572
Needs more value.
>>
>>3113572
More distance between the two heads might not hurt.
>>
>>3113593

he's just giving the unhelpful 'you're not painting in the style i paint in so you're shit' spiel
>>
>>3113572
I'd say the design just needs better composition. everything else about it is fine but definitely needs to be reworked too look nicer on the board
>>
>>3113572
I like it.
>>
>>3113572
It looks good but just work on the eyes and nose of the Asian woman.
>>
>>3113572
Also get rid of the fade on the veiny red thing on the right and make it all sharp.
>>
>>3113720
You mean you are an ignorant faggot who is only into manga illustration.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.