[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw realize how much unglorious ungodly hours of boring practise

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 1502135035335.gif (2MB, 250x277px) Image search: [Google]
1502135035335.gif
2MB, 250x277px
>mfw realize how much unglorious ungodly hours of boring practise you need to put in to be able to make something really good

>mfw magic fading from my infatuation with 'being an artist'
>>
Why not focus on the journey of learning and seeing your self improve from last month? It's what's keeping me going. If you viewed practice as "boring" to the point of waning interest, were you really meant to make it?
>>
that's the reason why a lot of people quit learning instruments too. they bite off more than they can chew, or they just find out it's not for them

it's natural to cross some roadblocks or frustration. keep working hard and it will pay off.
>>
in all honesty, the interest isnt fading.

Im just in shock.

This whole time IVe been drawing, I believed myself to have some magical ability to draw, I desperately needed to see myself as being special in that regard. And now, I'm in a position where I'm really pressuring myself to get better and just fix all my mistakes, and I'm realizing I never really practised in my life.

So the dreamer artist will take a backseat from this point on.
>>
File: 15018289537560.jpg (33KB, 500x420px) Image search: [Google]
15018289537560.jpg
33KB, 500x420px
>>3113386
>mfw i realise that all i did was
>1) drawing whatever i wanted is having fun
>2) somehow became better because i drew things i liked
>3) i started at 25 in 2006 and now im fully working artist.
>while OP-faggot whining about art being not fun
kek. you never gonna make it.
I remember when i started to draw i met some retards like OP that were telling me "B-BUT ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE FUN :( WHY UR DRAWING THINGS YOU LIKE. STAWP :(".
>>
>>3113391
no need to act tough. tell us the real story.

A smug working artist? What do you take me for? A complete retard?
>>
>>3113391
I'm curious to see how good you got. Honestly, I'm not surprised. You improve more when you do things you like. Your brain doesn't like to retain information that's "boring" so people who do studies all day won't get anywhere
>>
>>3113391
Great memed-up shitpost, but you missed my point

I was in love with 'being an artist'

Now I'm trying to put in effort to actually make art for companies and im seeing its a totally different love story

In fact, go ahead and think of me as the beret wearing lazy idiot because thats basically what I was.
>>
File: 14844677731680.jpg (198KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
14844677731680.jpg
198KB, 900x900px
>>3113394
>no need to act tough
im just keep being amazed. Through all these years i keep meeting wannabe artist that give up saying "B-but..practicing is sooo hawd. :( no fun...loosing motivation"

People like you kept me depressive back then when i started. So i have absolutely no mercy upon pussies like you and will use any chance to mock your ass.
>>3113395
>I'm curious to see how good you got
kek
>typical p-post work :( answer
fuck off faggot, you just used shittiest /ic/ buzzword. It became old back in 2010.
>>
>>3113396
>shitpost
>>3113396
>missed my point
no i didnt. You whining about art not being fun. Whining about boring practice.

I guess flipping burgers is a better option for you.
>>
>>3113400
>>3113403
You'll find peace soon brother
>>
File: 1488849402765.jpg (40KB, 571x460px) Image search: [Google]
1488849402765.jpg
40KB, 571x460px
>>3113400
>>3113403
>>
>>3113391
post your work
>>
>>3113391
>started drawing 11 years ago
>now im fully working artist
If that wasn't the case that would be really worrying.
>>
>>3113386
the studying is boring as much as every asian looks the same. you lack awareness of its subtlety and richness.
>>
File: 1456581430324.gif (3MB, 220x212px) Image search: [Google]
1456581430324.gif
3MB, 220x212px
>>3113400

>Not posting work to show other people like you you can git gud by drawing what you find fun
>>
>>3113386

Listen to audiobooks when drawing. I feel that is the key.

Just try a bunch of free ones on youtube.

My favourite to listen to is Robert Howard Blood of gods.

Lovecraft is also nice to listen to. Lord of the rings also, but the firsts bits of it is slow.

Game of thrones is incomplete on youtube, so you would have to have audible books.

Another thing to do is maybe consider not watching the tv show and instead listen to the audiobook instead. Like American gods is popular. You could have listen to the audiobook instead if you watched it.
>>
>mfw I give a shit
>I have no face
>>
Even once you're good, you have to put those ungodly hours into every piece you make.
It's crucial to get some enjoyment from the act. Any craft requires those hours anon, just pick your poison, also protip if you're worried about it taking too long to reach a certain goal: the time will pass either way, no matter how you decide to spend it.
>>
>>3113391
This 100%
Everyone is all "muah fundamentals" when in reality, the only way to get better is just draw what you love. That's it.

However, my journey took 5 years, now 11.
Glad I didn't fall for the Loomis meme.
>>
>>3113967
Do you just draw from life? What do you draw?
>>
>>3113391
literally post any work you have. should take five seconds
>>
>>3114185
this
>>3113391
post fucking anything to prove your point, a simple sketch is enough
>>
>>3114743
>>3114185
who said it was visual art?
>>
>>3113386
But that's the whole point. A real artist enjoys the act of drawing, even the countless pieces of bad art that you will throw away. The end result is of course important but that is not where the pleasure comes from.
>>
>>3114758
>drawing
>>
>>3113386
Dude, drawing can be the most fun even when your not good.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.