[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw artists have to train for years, as hard as everyone

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

File: 1503700733440.png (296KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1503700733440.png
296KB, 480x640px
>mfw artists have to train for years, as hard as everyone else
>yet they get paid next to nothing, are not respectable anywhere else besides the artist circle and have the smallest impact on anything
>>
There are many different kinds of artists.
>>
If you think propaganda artist didn't have a impact on history you're retarded
>>
>>3113039
>artists get paid next to nothing

when will this meme die?
>>
>>3113039
>>mfw artists have to train for years, as hard as everyone else

lol
>>
>artists get paid next to nothing

that's just not true lol. what kinda art are we talking
>>
>>3113039
He fell for the "you can eek out a living doing TCG illustrations" meme.
>>
>>3113039
>Be a monkey-see monkey-do retard
>''wahh why can't I swim in money like producers who actually create things''

Its the same in every profession, anything you do someone can do just like you or even better, truly smart people create things

Anyone can draw anything. It takes an actual thinking brain to produce a cartoon
>>
>>3113056
>>3113070
>>3113084
It's been documented through many years that artist get scraps until they work for the high profile clients. Sure, you can technically make a million a year but ask yourself this: how many artist get there? And how many artists get shit pay? It's 99-1 ratio. While an average doctor will get a little less money than an artist with 15 years of experience.

Wow, great industry you got there. Getting into a debt to pay your atelier was definitely worth earning less than an average man.
>>
>>3113098
first off, paying a doctor's education to paint is unnecessary and a scam. second, there are plenty of opportunities for a highly skilled artist to sell and find work. the market can still be rough, but do you honestly believe a medical degree guarantees you a job?
>>
>>3113115
>paying a doctor's education to paint is unnecessary
I disagree. While I agree that it's a scam, it's really, really hard to do anything on your own. Like, how are you going to meet people that can let you get to know your future clients? How can you really learn on your own without wasting literal years before you really start? Sure I've been hearing "self-taught" a lot, but nobody really provided any sort of insight into this. It doesn't help at all, it's seems easier to pay and get educated.

I am fucking poor so I can't do anything.
>>
>making art for money

like peeling potatos with shaving sticks
>>
File: 1498417969041.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1498417969041.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>3113098
>50k in school debt if you get more scholarships and grants while in school and do everything right
>80k starting in industrial/product design and transportaion design fields
>work in shitty apartment for one or two years
>>
>>3113139
You are right, artists should be homeless by default.
>>
Beats being a retarded tradesperson wasting your life fixing other peoples shitty designs
>>
>>3113039
>says the NEET whose life literally revolves around entertainment products created by artists.
>>
>>3113134
>I am fucking poor so I can't do anything.
Doubt that has much to do with why you're such a failure. Look at artists like Dave Rapoza, Algenpfleger, Janashi, Marko Djurdjevic, Frank Cho, Brad Rigney etc. There are countless of very successful self-taught artists around, you will never be one of them. Going to art school won't make you a different, smarter and more talented person, you'd be the same loser just with more debt.
>>
What art jobs pay the least? The most? That being, the average, cause you'll alway have exceptionnal people.
>>
>>3113054
spoilers: they were just illustrating someone else's propaganda
>>
>mfw posting on 4chan
>>
>>3113148
I spent a few months homeless shortly after I started learning to draw.
It was pretty great, best part was the lack of distractions. I drew most of the time I was awake.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (147KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
147KB, 1280x720px
>>3113084
>It takes an actual thinking brain to produce a cartoon
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
>>
>>3113039
Everything you've said is false apart from the training hard.

You can make big money with Art.
Anyone who doesn't respect Art doesn't understand that Everything you see has been Designed by some kind of artist.
Smallest Impact? You're delusional.
>>
because sitting at a table and moving your hand a little must be so hard
>>
>>3113134
>I am fucking lazy so I can't do anything
ftfy
>>
>>3113134
>I am fucking poor so I can't do anything.
Is this bait or are you really that deep into a millennial poor man's mentality.
>>
>>3113484
There's a homeless artist who goes to the dunkin donuts near my house to draw all the time.
Though I think she has some kind of mental illness that lead to her homelessness.
>>
Artist industry is like one of the most cucked industries.

>s-sorry mr. client, I will work for peanuts just so I have the privilege of getting a job

It's not even exaggerated, people make art for 5 dollars and there are constant discussions everywhere on how much you should charge while being able to even work for people. It's pathetic and more pathetic thing is that I realized it too soon, now I am stuck at second year atelier and hoping that I will get a job that will pay for a fucking shelter. It's easier to work at McDonalds than do this shit.
>>
>>3113717
More people want to be artists than we need artists and a lot of them are self starters. So they charge less to get a foot in. That's just the way it goes.
>>
>>3113717
Sorry, meant too late*
>>
>>3113491
Villainous has such shitty Devianart-tier character designs. It's as if a high schooler in their LOL RANDOM xD phase designed them. Not that the doe-eyed generic character designs from mainstream animated films are any better though.
>>
>>3113726
The point is you earn less than minimal wage after years of dedication, where is logic in this? It's not that oversaturated that we have to work for so little. It's just nobody respects or cares for artists.
>>
>>3113717
LOL, aw, how cute, the weeabo thinks he knows how the industry works.

But, if you want to play the resume game, lets play: professional artist for 30 years, Bachelor of Fine Art with a concentration in Illustration, creative professional to pay the bills, freelance alongside that and have worked in the music industry and book publishing industries, and I'm pretty confident in that you own an album cover I made. My gold and platinum records on the wall are pretty cool, too. I've worked as an artist, as a designer, as an illustrator, and I've worked as an art director hiring artists. I've done everything from fine art publishing to working on mainstream magazines, and working for Fortune 500 companies as a creative professional. The only thing I havent done yet is publish a book, and I'm working on a graphic novel project right now. I hope to publish in 2018.

Lets see your resume, bubba. You talked the talk, walk the walk.

You neckbeards just can't admit when you're wrong, can you? Is it genetic? All of this could be avoided if you'd just shut your fucking mouth, admit you're wrong, and stop being a child and being butthurt because people use something you don't. I'd love to know how much of people's time you waste on neckbeard nonsense like this.
>>
>>3114086
>writes like a 15 year old
seems legit.
>>
>>3114090
LOL, aw, how cute, the weeabo thinks
i'm 15 years old.
But, if you want to play the resume game, lets play: professional artist for 30 years, Bachelor of Fine Art with a concentration in Illustration, creative professional to pay the bills, freelance alongside that and have worked in the music industry and book publishing industries, and I'm pretty confident in that you own an album cover I made. My gold and platinum records on the wall are pretty cool, too. I've worked as an artist, as a designer, as an illustrator, and I've worked as an art director hiring artists. I've done everything from fine art publishing to working on mainstream magazines, and working for Fortune 500 companies as a creative professional. The only thing I havent done yet is publish a book, and I'm working on a graphic novel project right now. I hope to publish in 2018.

Lets see your resume, bubba. You talked the talk, walk the walk.

You neckbeards just can't admit when you're wrong, can you? Is it genetic? All of this could be avoided if you'd just shut your fucking mouth, admit you're wrong, and stop being a child and being butthurt because people use something you don't. I'd love to know how much of people's time you waste on neckbeard nonsense like this.
>>
Constipation Sucks!
>>
OP still not disproven.
>>
>>3113381
Bump?
>>
>>3113039
Storyboarders make 50-60 an hour.
>>
>>3114879
>50/60 an hour for drawing fucking comics
that's. ridiculous
they shouldn't get more than 20 lol
>>
>>3114915
kys urself my man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PiqC-vfYLw
>>
>>3113381
If you've got connections to sell your shit art too, fine art is one of the most profitable since you can sell for millions.

If you work hard-enough, get lucky, and your ideas are good, being a content creator (webcomic, youtuber, etc...) could net you even more.

Graphic design, industrial design, and medical illustration are steady normie jobs that give you a comfy amount of money, but you need skill and can't coast.

Then you got the rest of the fine artists and other poorfags who didn't make it. If you're lucky you'll get in exhibits and whatnot, but I wouldn't make it a fulltime job unless I KNEW I could pay the bills with it.
>>
>>3114086
New copypasta?
>>
Effort doesn't entitle you to compensation. You could spend every waking moment of 10 years cultivating an encyclopaedic knowledge of Fat Dog Mendoza, that doesn't mean it'll be worth anything to anyone.
If all you want is money for effort, study medicine or law or something.
>>
>>3113039
You can find jobs that pay well. The main issue with art jobs is that there is not a lot of them.
>>
>>3114915
It's more about knowledge of cinematography then comics.
>>
>>3115479
Any example of webco artists that make a living out of it? Aside exceptions like ONE.
>>
>>3113039
>are not respectable anywhere
Good.
>>
>>3115689
SIU, actually I'm sure most naver artists make a living out of it.
>>
>>3114919
>Hi I'm Stephen Silver and I'm selling you optimism because I like money and there's a market of desperate wannabe artists to exploit!
Remember to buy my Schoolism shit, it's never too late, yadda yadda yadda!
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.