[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Long story short I'm a total beginner. I want to draw a

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 1503590289838.png (399KB, 653x540px) Image search: [Google]
1503590289838.png
399KB, 653x540px
Long story short

I'm a total beginner. I want to draw a comic book. So I go to an art school. And the first day they told me to draw the fucking comic already. And that I will get good by making more comics

How true is that? Because I really want it to be good. Should I study more or just jump in
>>
>>3112682
I get you man. I've studied my basics for 2 years without doing much comic practice and guess what? I suck at making comics. You get good at what you do. Make like 1 comic page a week and study your fundamentals on the rest of the days
>>
>>3112718
Post your work.
>>
>>3112719
Y
>>
>>3112718
Should I study comics too?
>>
They also told me something like "there's no obra magna, that comic is your first one, and it's going to suck more than the second one, so might aswell start it now"

>>3112718
But did you git gud at drawing
>>
>>3112682
Making a comic will force you to learn to draw things you are uncomfortable with (hands/feet, expressions, backgrounds). It will look bad and will likely be difficult but it will show you your weak spots and make you work at them. I can confirm this because I'm still beg tier and I've tried drawing a few comic pages.
>>
File: 30barb600.1.jpg (90KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
30barb600.1.jpg
90KB, 600x300px
>>3112852
>>3112682
lmao what the fuck kind of artschool are you going to????

Do they at lest make you draw on a canvas?? This isn't a serious artschool, op. Sorry.
>>
>>3112861
Holy shit, that's like life sized drawing. These guys are crazy.
>>
>>3112864
well, my artschool looks like this. Pretty fun.
>>
>>3112866
Is there any sort of benefit to working larger like that? It feels like if you messed up early on, it would nearly impossible to save it.
>>
>>3112867
>it would nearly impossible
nah, charcoal is erasable. And messing up is part of the learning.

>Is there any sort of benefit to working larger like that?
I don't want to answer this because I'm also a beginner and I don't want to tell you something that might be inaccurate

here's something Imade in my artschool
>>
>>3112872
Well, if you ever get to ask an art teacher or someone more experienced, that would be nice. Thanks anyways anon.
>>
>>3112861
>Do they at lest make you draw on a canvas?
Yeah, they do. But they insist that I should work on my comic already and that I should stop judging myself
>>
>>3112867
>Is there any sort of benefit to working larger like that?
Working larger is actually easier than working smaller
>>
>>3112878
Easier in terms of what?
>>
>>3112878
It depends. It takes way more time than on paper
>>
>>3112682
>Says he went to an "art school" and they told him to draw a comic

As a former animation major I don't really believe this story. Most formal art institutions won't even let you try to draw that shit in their classes until you are practically graduated anyway.
>>
>>3112877

Draw it. It'll suck but you need a starting point so you can improve.
>>
>>3112928
I went there and told the teachers that I wanted to git gud so I could draw a comic. They told me to draw it anyway so I could git gud at making comics.
>>
>>3112928
They didnt tell me to draw in their classes. In the classes Im mostly doing life drawing. They just told me to do it anyways and to stop worrying about quality
>>
>>3112852
How does one even define good? I went from beginner to intermediate. My figure drawing and anatomy improved the most because that's what I drew 90% of the time. I'm currently working more on perspective so my backgrounds are starting to come along.
>>
File: Snake Eye Page 1 (3).jpg (479KB, 661x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Snake Eye Page 1 (3).jpg
479KB, 661x1000px
>>3113432
I made that comic page 2 months ago. I think im a bit better know though since I've been practicing composition and backgrounds more.
>>
>>3113432
What separates beginner from intermediate?
>>
>>3113438
Try to look for the "golden ratio" and play with it
>>
>>3113441
It's pretty subjective. I can see that I'm a lot better than people who starting drawing yesterday but I can also see that I'm a lot worse than professional Mangakas. Its not only subjective in the sense that it varies from person to person but it's also subjective in the sense that your own judgment of your work changes over time. For example, when I was a beginner, I viewed myself as intermediate but now that my eye level has risen I can see I was still a beginner. Maybe in a couple of years, I'll view what I'm producing now as beginner kek.
>>
I feel like I should try to do both desu
Learn and apply
>>
If you want to be good at drawing then draw more. Pretty simple
>>
>>3113526
And if i wanna git gud at comics?
>>
>>3112827
Because you responded to the same bait thread that is posted every week
>>
>>3113630
Then comic more
>>
>>3113658
ok
>>
Is this _that fucking thread_ again?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.