[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've noticed more and more artists on patreon who are just

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: pepe15.jpg (7KB, 235x215px) Image search: [Google]
pepe15.jpg
7KB, 235x215px
I've noticed more and more artists on patreon who are just tracing and painting over. Getting to skip a lot of the tedious foundationwork means they're more prolific, seen more, and earn more.

Is this the only way to compete as newcomers in art? Who has the motivation to spend years drawing boxes when the easy path is just right there and more and more people are taking advantage of it every day, while you're sitting here drawing things no one cares about.
>>
File: tracing isn't easy.jpg (69KB, 823x714px) Image search: [Google]
tracing isn't easy.jpg
69KB, 823x714px
>>3109624

Tracing still involves skill, if you don't understand the underlying form, you can't manipulate it.

can you give us more details about these artists or post an example of their traced work? I find it hard to believe there's an easy way to build up and monetize any kind of online following, even when cheating is involved.
>>
>>3109642
>you can't manipulate it.
tracing doesn't involve manipulating anything. it's just going over line for line that is already laid out.
>>
>>3109646
We don't have a lot of details from OP, but if we're talking about tracing over photos to make lineart then yes, skill is involved. it's a form of simplification, which means the artist has to choose what to exaggerate and what to simplify. In order for the final product to look good they need to have a solid sense of design and know what factors to keep and which ones to simplify (usually beginners include a dark line connecting the nose to the corner of the mouth, not realizing that in black and white, or draw every single eyelash. The end result doesn't look good). Also line weight, and line quality are important factors here.

Tracing takes less skill than drawing something from your head, but without a clear sense of design the final product will suffer.
>>
>>3109651
check out this tracing expert
>>
File: 1489926312336.png (455KB, 808x808px) Image search: [Google]
1489926312336.png
455KB, 808x808px
>>3109699
Delete this immediately.
>>
File: 1452118930383.png (107KB, 307x307px) Image search: [Google]
1452118930383.png
107KB, 307x307px
>>3109651

>Bullshit I make up to sleep better at night: The Post
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.