[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you people get back on your feet? You know, in those times

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1503385892404.jpg (171KB, 1520x1604px) Image search: [Google]
1503385892404.jpg
171KB, 1520x1604px
How do you people get back on your feet? You know, in those times when you feel like garbage and the worst miserable failure ever but somehow you manage to get back on the track? I forgot how to do it and I am in the same state of misery for quite a long time now.
>>
>>3109390
WHO DRAWS ALL THESE FUCKING WIKIHOW PICS
>>
File: JUST DO IT.png (354KB, 494x412px) Image search: [Google]
JUST DO IT.png
354KB, 494x412px
>>3109390
just do it. turn your brain off, don't think, just do.
>>
>>3109427
I've always asked myself that, there must be thousands of 'em
>>
>>3109440
>>3109427
malaysians
>>
>>3109436
Is this ironic, I am serious because I am contemplating about hanging myself if I can't go back to being relatively normal.
>>
>>3109451
binge watch mark crilley. Even if the drawings dont inspire you at least he has a nice voice/accent.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCD2CF65888663986
>>
For me it's about luck, maybe some day you will be lucky to want to be alive.
>>
>>3109450
probably pajeets desu
>>
>>3109451
If you're really serious, have you assessed how your physical health is? Are you eating healthy and sleeping at reasonable times with the same bedtime? Do you make sure to eat breakfast? Are you sure there are no thyroid, diabetes, or metabolism issues?

Also, food intolerances probably affect a surprising amount of people, and can manifest in mildly sore joints (inflammation) and/or decreased mood and energy. If there's really nothing else, you wouldn't have much to lose from trying an elimination diet, where you eat only basic green veggies and chicken for a couple months and then add foods back in to see if there's any reaction.
>>
>>3109427
>>3109440
>>3109450
No, there is a story about this, some person decided to draw alot of this stuff
I once read a piece on this, some critique and backstory of this artist
>>
>>3109390
First step, maybe stay off /ic/ for a bit since it's a cesspool of negativity.

I'm certain that just about every artist, even the best ones, has felt similar feelings at some point in their life. This is more of a psychological issue that takes a bit of personal development and growth to get over. I personally just allowed myself to go through those feelings and found those negative, depressive phases to be shorter as time went on and I learned to deal with them better.
>>
Emotions come and go. We can't always control how we feel. However talking to your friends and family about it might be a good thing (just to have someone understand you, not necessarily to have them fix your situation), same for physical exercise.
>>
>>3109440
>>3109427
>>3109807
its a bot drawing on top of stock pictures
>>
File: IMG_0727.jpg (72KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0727.jpg
72KB, 500x500px
first i take a break for one or two days. then when i feel more ready (or even when not) i like to look at other artists' works i aspire to reach to, and gain some inspiration to draw. its ok to take breaks every now and then but make sure youre self disciplined enough to force yourself to draw even when you dont feel like it. now get back to it, i believe in tou all. dont stop, push yourselves further
>>
Well like just remember you'll feel a whole lot fucking worse if you ever start up again, time adds up and weeks not drawing turn into months turning into years. Also think how once you start getting in the groove you feel a lot better. Happiest times in my recent life were when I was creating stuff everyday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE90zud-SFg
>>
>>3109742
This is really good advice that goes beyond the usual "go for a walk".

You need to make sure that YOU are looked out for. If you need meds take them, if you need to stretch or work out, do that. If there's responsibilities getting in the way of your personal time and it affects your art, reassess where you place your priorities and time. Do you want to work for a major company, freelance consistently, freelance on the side of another job, or just make art a hobby?

This field is definitely difficult to handle when you're feeling emotionally unstable or depressed, but if you want to take it seriously, you just have to bite the bullet and do work. If habits have been broken or haven't been formed yet, just start by buying a sketchbook and doing 10 minutes of drawing a day - use a reference image site and draw 30 second gestures for 10 minutes. You can fill a page or two just by doing this and it's encouraging because some figures or objects will look better than others, and not much time will have been spent working. From there you can decide if you want to keep going or stop and do something else, but at the very least, this small amount of work you did can help serve as a stepping stone to get out of your self-suffocating mind.
>>
>>3109742
>>3110371
not op, but thanks for these. i need to make some changes
>>
>>3110244

A lot of them look too retarded to be a bot.
>>
File: destiny.png (272KB, 540x280px) Image search: [Google]
destiny.png
272KB, 540x280px
>>3110340
>See what happens if you betray your destiny
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.