[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How true is it that it's not the software or hardware that

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1384027151124.jpg (22KB, 527x497px) Image search: [Google]
1384027151124.jpg
22KB, 527x497px
How true is it that it's not the software or hardware that matter, but the artists skill? Like, a good artist could make something great with a mouse in ms paint but a shit artist can't make anything good even with the most expensive tablet?

I'd like to know before I drop a load of money on an expensive tablet.
>>
No you faggot you can't draw with a mouse as a substitute for a tablet unless you're doing pixel art, get the fucking tablet.
>>
>>3109207

Lies. I grew up drawing with mouse exclusively. I made beautiful pictures of apples no problem.
>>
>>3109205

You don't need a $2k tablet but if you're working digital a decent computer that can handle large file size is essential and a fairly big enough tablet to not kill your wrist.

I have invested in a cintiq even if I'm not pro but it helped me. And the computer I had for the longest time could not handle resolution beyond 3000 pixels.
>>
>>3109205
I hate drawing on a regular intuos so much

I heard that cintiqs give you retinal detachment
>>
It's absolutely true

But it'll be a lot more difficult depending on what you actually wanna make
>>
>>3109239
>I heard that cintiqs give you retinal detachment

hmm I should be using flu.x more I tend to disable it since they got rid of 'movie mode'
>>
>>3109207
>No you faggot you can't draw with a mouse as a substitute for a tablet unless you're doing pixel art, get the fucking tablet.

Except Craig Mullins was painting before Wacom was a thing. So get fucked faggot.
>>
>>3109205
Get the Huion Giano, I was also worried about dropping a shit ton of money and then not using it so I got that. It wasn't that expensive and I don't have any problems with it.
>>
>>3109205

> Like, a good artist could make something great with a mouse in ms paint

Don't be stupid. A good artist could make something good with a stick and some animal dung, but they'll make something BETTER with good quality paint.

Bad tools make work harder, they slow you down and frustrate you, and you end up accepting less than optimal work, just to be done with it. Good tools help you achieve your goals, and make you faster and better.

In OTHER words. Get the nice pens, and the 22inch cintiq, but USE them, otherwise you're just wasting money.
>>
>>3109205

Learn to draw
Learn the software

Once you have good understanding of both then buy your expensive cintiq. Tools are just tools. It's not going to give you knowledge.
>>
>>3109205
you don't need a tablet, but you really really want one

a tablet isn't just a mouse but with a little pen and absolute positions instead of relative. like when you draw with a mouse or even a tablet in mouse mode you get jagged lines because the way a mouse moves requires screen coordinates and a tablet doesn't. it's kind of technical but tablet = smooth, mouse = jagged is the important thing. so a mouse works fine for painting because you can daub away just fine but for lines it's nicht so gut, so you have to use like a stabilizer which gives you less control or vectors, which are time consuming.
>>
Mostly work in sai, but many artists I admire work in photoshop. I wonder 'how the fuck they do those textures? Can I do that in sai?'

Then realize they probably just do it without brush and get sad.
>>
>>3109205
If you're unsure just spend 80 bucks on one of the million 3rd party chinese tablets (I've had good luck with huion) and grab krita or paint tool sai (both are free).

It isn't the overpriced confusing hobby it used to be, practically anybody can get into digital art these days.

I'm thinking about buying a cheap scanner so I can do all my drawings on paper since it's easier and then do my colouring and shading with my tablet.
>>
>>3109205
Are you a good racer with the best car?
Is your aim better with the most expensive mouse?
Are you faster with expensive shoes?
Well, obviously better than someone with no shoes or slippers. Don't waste too much money, also if you're a compelte beginner, then just draw with pencil on paper.
If you know how to draw, then you can draw with litterally anything.
>>
How do you guys feel about people who say that they simply cannot draw on a basic pen tablet, and have to use a cintiq. Is it a spacial thing or something?
>>
File: 1500756530621.jpg (618KB, 1600x1099px) Image search: [Google]
1500756530621.jpg
618KB, 1600x1099px
>>3109205
It's true, I don't even use my hands because they might end up as a crutch. 100% of my work is done by me splattering paint onto the canvas using only my head. Pic related is from a 3 minute warm up
>>
>>3109441

I second this. If you really want to get into digital art though I recommend getting a second hand tablet first before you invest in a cintiq. I'm a old far so I personally like the into 3 the USB port and cable on that thing is indestructible and you can get a used one for $50-$80
>>
>>3109516
I think it's fucking dumb when beginners refuse to consider using non-screen tablets.
It's like refusing to use a mouse and only wanting to get an expensive touchscreen computer. It's like they are afraid they won't be able to make a mental connection between what their hand is doing and what they are seeing. If you can use a mouse/trackpad, you can adapt to using a tablet to draw
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.