[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be average student >average joe all my life >fade

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1482446167801.jpg (441KB, 1500x773px) Image search: [Google]
1482446167801.jpg
441KB, 1500x773px
>be average student
>average joe all my life
>fade into the background most anywhere, socially, academically, physically
>try to make it
>have to compete with the very tippity top thanks to the internet connecting the whole world

how is making it even possible for people like me? I've studied the sticky for years and I'm still shit
>>
>>3108392
post work.
>>
By not giving up.
>>
>>3108392
what do you mean by making it, can you spend your life doing art? yes. can you get paid for it? yes.

if you need to be well regarded or famous or e-famous or have a bulging patreon then that probably won't happen.
>>
>>3108392
>have to compete with the very tippity top thanks to the internet connecting the whole world

Way to blame your problems on everyone else.
Haven't you considered the fact that the internet has helped you become a better artist? The standard is raised for everyone.
>>
File: 1428956825841.png (35KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1428956825841.png
35KB, 300x300px
>>3108392
I quit last week. I gave up, deleted all my social media shit and tried to put the whole "becoming an artist" thing out of my head. It feels terrible.

My mind says I saved myself a ton of pain and disappointment because after a few years I hadn't progressed that well, my art was passable but nothing great, no following on social media, no projects I was enthusiastic about... all the evidence was pointing towards the fact I was completely unremarkable and there was no career for me, at least not without years and years of more work and I was already 30. I think there's no shame in quitting when things go this way.

But my gut says I just gave up on the only thing that mattered and I know I'll be unhappy with anything else. I never really cared about making money or having a family, I'll still make art as a hobby and I won't have that insane pressure on me that says I'll die if I don't get good, but I feel like it's really gonna suck for me having no qualifications and almost no work experience (I was sick for a few years and then depression hit). I have no idea what I'm gonna do with my life.
>>
>>3109014
You just need to find a job that pays the bills and fits your lifestyle, while you work you can still do art and earn dollaridos with it, don't be such a downer, go draw a cute girl doing cute thigs or something
>>
>>3109014
>>3109484
This, and you can also still be involved with creative industries without being an artist. All those studios and companies need accountants, managers, secretaries, administrative people, etc. You can still find a good community college nearby and get an internship. And keep on drawing and doodling, anon.
>>
>>3108392
P O S T W O R K
>>
>>3108392
Yesterday my mom walked into my room and hugged me, i was shocked at first but then she told me to not give up. And here I am today not giving up.
>>
>>3109014
There are people in their 30s applying to art school. Don't give uo yet, anon.

That said, you will need to find something that pays the bills. I think it might be actually a good thing if you percieve art as a hobby for now, it lessens the stress and might help you improve more efficiently. Just don't give up yet, as it is not a matter of age.
>>
>>3110211
is this a meme? i swear to god I see this almost every week on this board.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.