[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's no point in drawing if you don't enjoy the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: CNsj6jjUcAAK7QP.jpg (9KB, 267x181px) Image search: [Google]
CNsj6jjUcAAK7QP.jpg
9KB, 267x181px
There's no point in drawing if you don't enjoy the grind of practicing right? I guess I will just keep looking at drawings and wishing I could draw it.
>>
Did you enjoy losing? No, but you lost anyways until you won. So why do you choose to give up now?
>>
>>3108140
how about you draw things you like
[spoiler]idiot[/spoiler]
>>
>>3108140
The love of grinding comes with time. My new stuff takes waaay longer than what I did when I was starting out.

Heck sometimes I wonder if I have truly improved or I just became more patient
>>
>>3108147
>>3108209
>>3108213

I think I dont like to draw. Bit i wish i was good
>>
File: IMG_20170822_152935.jpg (1MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170822_152935.jpg
1MB, 2340x4160px
>>3108140
You could practise just for fun?for the lulz?
>>
>>3108696
He doesn't enjoy it. It wouldn't be deliberate practice to improve, so what would the point be in putting yourself in that mindset? At that point, you'd just be drawing.
>>
File: 1475573764130.webm (2MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1475573764130.webm
2MB, 852x480px
>>3108140
>I guess I will just keep looking at drawings and wishing I could draw it.
The fuck are you on to OP? That's the very definition of an art cuck; a literal faggot if I've ever seen one. You said it yourself that you wish to draw (good). What are you doing here then? Stop denying yourself what you truly want and get off your lazy ass and DRAW.
>>
File: 545353245.gif (1MB, 500x355px) Image search: [Google]
545353245.gif
1MB, 500x355px
>>3108237
If you do studies all day, of course you'll burn out.
If you draw for fun and draw things you truly enjoy, then it's basically impossible to burn out. Drawing for pleasure is key.

However, if you want to be instantly good and want to avoid all the hard work, FUCK OUTTA HERE, BITCH!!
>>
>>3108724
The problem is that many beginners are so often simply frustrated and unsatisfied with things they've drawn they they wanted to.

In my view no drawing session for a serious aspiring artist should be without grind. As someone who is learning anatomy very seriously now my usual 2-3 hour weekday session usually goes like this: warm up doing quick whole body gesture drawing with vine charcoal and newsprint. Move on to my main practice which involves closely studying and practicing some aspect of the body in more detail. Then to finish off the session just do some random pen doodling or trying something out for the fun of it.
>>
>>3108729
Guess it depends. I studied anatomy for 3 months, and it was basically all I ever needed. However, I do draw from Life often (such as people at my cafe, or seeing people walk by at work, etc), just quick sketches to grab how they are walking. Never enjoyed doing figure drawing classes. Found them boring, which apparently that's okay.

Ideally, if you want to get better, you want to draw your characters from your head. Put them on paper, and see how shitty they look. Then look up refs on how to fix it. If you like Cute stuff, and see someone draw an image you find Cute, study that picture and draw said Cute character in a different pose to understand it's shapes.
>>
File: vilppu fun.png (40KB, 229x129px) Image search: [Google]
vilppu fun.png
40KB, 229x129px
>>
>>3108140
thanks for this blogpost. it was very very useful.
GTFO.
>>
>>3108724
>do studies
>boring shit burns you out
>draw for fun
>gets called shit and told to go back to studies and read loomis
theres no winning
>>
>>3109047
You win in the end when you continue the loop and got gud. It's not like you'll be shit forever.
>>
>>3108213
Its the same for me, my recent works take more time than before because now i know how to do things properly, when doing a study instead of shading in 2 mins it takes longer since you need to apply layers of shading depending of what you want and this takes a lot more than 2 minutes, learning new tecniques and applying them properly is why it takes me more time now, in the past i would rush stuff and everything would end up fked up
>>
>>3108213
How do I learn to become more patient?
>>
>>3109847
The moment you notice that doing stuff calmly instead of rushing gives you better results, for example shading, when trying to do a realistic skin you need to have a lot of patience since it needs many many layers of shading, if you rush this you wont get what you want
>>
>>3108140
Everything worth having is worth suffering for, OP.
>>
>>3108140
Why not try copying the drawings you wish you could draw as closely as you can?
>>
>>3109047
just draw the manga characters you want to you'll enjoy it more
>>
>>3109847
push a little bit further (don't overdo it) with each piece
>>
>>3108140
If the mere act of drawing doesn't make you happy, or interested, or even just occupied, honestly, you're not cut out to be an artist. Me, anyone I know who has become an artist, we've never really hated any of it - we look forward to drawing, I know I've filled notebooks, notes, binders, and anything blank with doodles and sketches my whole life.
Granted,I never did "the grind", which is something unique to this forum. No art school or class I've ever heard of promoted such silliness of hours and hours and years of drawing the same thing over and over - there was some repetitive projects in drawing 101, but none past that.
If you don't enjoy drawing...you have to learn to enjoy it, and you can't force that. I understand wanting to be an artist, but if you hate the process, what's the point?
Just the let the idiocy of "The grind" and "making it" and "get gud", and draw for the sheer sake of it, when you feel like it - and draw what you want, and what interests you, and find something else to focus on for a career or pursuit.
Art is a wonderful thing. When I see people posting about having to force themselves to do it, or getting triggered with anxiety attacks, and talking about depression and such, all from the simple act of drawing...that's just sad. You're taking something good, and warping it into something bad. I pick up a pencil, I feel opportunity. I feel good. It feels like it belongs in my hand, and I look forward to just being able to do it for a period of time, with no interuptions. If you don't feel the same, I'm sorry, but I don't think art is for you.
>>
>>3108706
What's wrong with just drawing?
>>
>>3109047
Of course there is - you remove that fourth step of bringing it here.
>>
>>3109908
I try to make it fun, but I also have to kick myself "just do it" style to get started and to get to the enjoyable parts. It's like this with most things for me. Welcome to the joys of depression. I'm not just going to do stuff when I feel like it because then I would lie in bed a whole lot more and wither.

One size doesn't fit all.

However I agree it's stupid to approach the grind as something mindless and soulless, and that it's not constructive to beat down on someone. Imagine telling a child his drawings are garbage and that they should read loomis. It would only discourage them.
>>
the grinding gets more enjoyable once it starts working
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.