[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you get over perfectionism and fear of failure when it

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

File: Meirl.png (267KB, 500x642px) Image search: [Google]
Meirl.png
267KB, 500x642px
How do you get over perfectionism and fear of failure when it comes to art? It's seriously impeded me these last few years and I can't stand it. I can't get over it ethier.

My art is still mediocre and I want to change but I can't.
>>
>>3107705
What I do, if you play multiplayer games, claim to everyone no matter what that you will win. Yes you'll get comments that you're being toxic or w/e but it dispels failure in my mind. Even if I lose I get a good laugh out of it.

And it translates to drawing similar for me but because drawing is a long haul it's harder to think in that way. So I substitute it by talking shit to anons here that I don't like that one day I'll be better than everyone. It works. I might have a child mentality though.
>>
>>3107710
That's using /ic/ as a scapegoat to funnel your negative emotions into though. It's not really addressing the problem.

I don't have the luxury of such time.
>>
>>3107712

It's just another tool. You can do that like half the people do on here subconsciously anyway or you can watch a cheesy youtube video about "make many drawings and one day you'll be a star :-)" for the 10th time. Your pick.
>>
>>3107713
I don't want to delude myself, that won't fix the problem.
>>
There isn't a one size fits all. How exactly does it impede you? What does that failure look like? What is it that you're trying to achieve?
>>
>>3107705
what do you mean by "i want to change but cant"?
>>
>>3107717
I mean I tell myself it's stupid to worry about it and want to improve but I feel lost. If I mess up I feel demotivated and feeling of self loathing.

If I don't paint for a while I feel guilty, like I won't be content unless I'm working towards my art.

I feel really conflicted.
>>
>>3107716
>How exactly does it impede you?

It stops me from painting. I don't paint daily or anything, I just do it when I feel like it.

Failure to me is people on /ic/ saying it's shit or it's not being considered good by professionals. That sounds very shallow but it seems like popularity or the opinion of pro's is the only measure of whether your work is good or not.

I wanted to be a concept artist but I know deep down I don't have the motivation or the work ethic nor the desire to become a jack of all trades.
>>
>>3107720
When you learn something new, you always travel into new territory, but that is how you improve. This is how it works whether you fail or get something on your first try.
Feeling demotivated is the delusion youre facing. Of course youre going to fail. Its just about whether or not you will keep failing until you get good enough. I would call myself a competent artist better than most, but I still feel like im shit because of the same reasons-- i want to improve and im not the best.
If you want to learn, you have to be okay with failing. I really hate the whole discipline vs motivation thing because I've been through depression and the like, so I just want to say that whatever you do is what you wanted.
>>
>>3107723
P.S. ive gotta head off on my day now but I might be back later today to reply to any further responses.
kisses
>>
>>3107727
Thanks anon. Even though it probably won't fix everything it's nice to speak about it.
>>
Quit worrying. If its meant to be you'll create if not you'll leach off other creative. Either way its nature.
>>
>>3107735
>Quit worrying. If its meant to be you'll create if not you'll leach off other creative. Either way its nature.

Yeah, just gonna ignore this.
>>
>>3107745
You're either a faggot, a troll or both. Failure is part of the package of being a creative person. You have to deal with it. Maybe art isnt for you and that's fine. Mc Donalds hires anyone.
>>
>>3107752
K.
>>
>>3107756
>1 word response tactic
you learned from the best my friend
>>
Why dont all you bleeding cunts make a Feels General where all the useless wannabe cantdrawforshitfaggits can circle jerk eachother instead of shitting up the board
>>
>>3107757
K.
>>
>>3107759
The janitor is too busy guarding one thread to delete bad ones like this.
>>
File: MercWIP.png (1MB, 776x1119px) Image search: [Google]
MercWIP.png
1MB, 776x1119px
>>3107765
>>3107760
>>3107752
Post work. Here's mine.
>>
File: 1474134347708.jpg (220KB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1474134347708.jpg
220KB, 849x1200px
>>3107768
nice but here is mine
>>
>>3107781
how are you so technically competent in basic drawing without having learned to have a consistent light source yet?
>>
>>3107781
>pedoshit

Kek. Enjoy working at McDonalds faggot.
>>
>>3107784
>how are you so technically competent in basic drawing
https://warosu.org/ic/thread/S2683623#p2683645
man time files by fast...
>>
>>3107705
You just have to do it. Which is normie tier advice I know but theres truth in it. Go and practice without expecting anything to emerge, do it just to do it and when the time you want to spend is up stop and try again tommorow. The only thing that should matter to you is that you drew enough and that you tried your best. You can't force it just like you can't force yourself to learn something. It's all about patience not skill.

You should just drop perfectionism altogether because it's not a good trait. Perfectionists are the type of people who are able to spend hours of time fixing insignificant and irrelevant problems and making no real progress.
>>
>>3107787
>he found my insult from one year ago

Thanks anon.
>>
>>3107791
are you're replying to the same person a year later

if this were September it'd be like pottery
>>
>>3107798
If everybody is gonna spam work that isn't their's then sure I am. Faggots should post their actual work if they want a dignified response.
>>
>>3107798
>are
and*
>>
>>3107798
>/ic is one person
kill yourself
>>
>>3107804
>kill yourself

Post your work first.
>>
Thanks for ruining the thread. I am having actual problems with my work and then you guys make a joke of it.

This is why I never go on /ic/. Full of bitter losers.
>>
>>3107814 cowardly cunts ngmi anyway, good to see you go and stop wasting our fucking time
>>
>>3107817
The fuck is a ngmi? Speak english you gook cunt.
>>
>>3107814
I see valid advice here. Stay off my board.
>>
>>3107817
>good to see you go and stop wasting our fucking time
>'Hey guys I just posted my work here'
>IT'S FUCKING SHIT, BLAH BLAH BLAH
>I don't like autists I think I'll leave
>GOOD DIDN'T WANT YOU HERE ANYWAY

So basically you are a fag who will never git gud and so wants to make others not git gud?
>>
>>3107821
>tripfag
>'my board'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
>>3107819
Youre new is showing faggit
>>
>>3107828
>your new

The fact that I'm new can be seen? Is it like a flourescent vapor?
>>
>>3107829 stupid, ignorant and easily trolled is no way to go through life anon
>>
>>3107830
>stupid, ignorant and easily trolled
>implying it wasn't a ruse

You've been hit by, you been struck by a, a smooth roseman.
>>
>not knowing what ngmi means
You probably haven't seen mercwip either
>>
File: rused.png (111KB, 770x405px) Image search: [Google]
rused.png
111KB, 770x405px
>>3107834
>>
>calls ngmi gookspeak
>backpedals furiously
seems legit
>>
>>3107837
Stay rused ;) >>3107836
>>
File: 1460602477355.png (12KB, 755x627px) Image search: [Google]
1460602477355.png
12KB, 755x627px
>>3107838
>>
>>3107842
>Actual proof of ruse
>NAH DUDE YOU WERE JUST RETARDED HAHA

Stay mad ;)
>>
File: b29.jpg (78KB, 680x1058px) Image search: [Google]
b29.jpg
78KB, 680x1058px
>>3107845
>>
File: memeimages.png (138KB, 770x405px) Image search: [Google]
memeimages.png
138KB, 770x405px
>>3107850
>memeimages
>>
File: 121.png (22KB, 75x135px) Image search: [Google]
121.png
22KB, 75x135px
>>3107856
>>
>>3107858
>a picture for ants

Damn, you're failing pretty badly aren't you?
>>
File: Trolling-Is-A-Art.jpg (83KB, 800x544px) Image search: [Google]
Trolling-Is-A-Art.jpg
83KB, 800x544px
Too easy
>>
>>3107705
If you want to improve then you need to start caring about drawing,not about drawing well.As long as youre spending time into drawing,youre getting good(as long as you think and focus on learning from your neverending mistakes)
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.