[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you know any artists that were born in poverty but made it?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

Do you know any artists that were born in poverty but made it? If so, do they have their history documented in any way? I need to motivate myself because I was born from miserable retards and I want to know that I can make it too.
>>
>>3105171
Firez made it
>>
>>3105172
>don cholito’s second nephew
>grew up in poverty
Nigga, his childhood consisted of having his soft baby dick sucked by tanned latinas with enough silicone to choke a horse in their lips alone.
>>
>>3105172
except he didnt
>>
>>3105172
Firez isnt poor
>>
I'm gonna make it anon, just you wait.
>>
>>3105172
>Posting about yourself
>Making it
Pick 1 (one)
>>
>>3105171

Stjepan Sejic nebezial and shiniez accounts on deviantart.com

I don't think it is poverty but it definitely was hard times

https://nebezial.deviantart.com/journal/so-you-want-to-be-a-professional-XD-363842751
>>
Marko Djurdjevic was forced to make a living with his art before he turned 18 because he got kicked out of his parents' house.
>>
>>3105171
Ruan Jia. He was born to the poorer parts of China and only had comic books for entertainment as a kid. when he got good he was able to move to Canada for work and then the US.
>>
Even if somebody poor never made it, you would be the first one to do it.
Thats how you have to think
>>
>>3105171
>https://www.artstation.com/sidwill
This is self-taught anon from Russian board. He was very shitty person as I remember. But even so he is succeeded in art
>>
Like every rapper. If you consider music art that's more the art of impoverished people. Visual arts take money. Basquiat and Van Gogh who people like to hold as the gold standard of poor artists were both middle class at worst.
>>
>>3105598
That being said, I don't think it takes away from an artists ability if they had a stable childhood. I always remember what Van Gogh wrote about his childhood as describing it as "sterile". Lucian Freud was a rich kid and I don't think it takes away from his work. There is an inherent, clear loneliness in the people who become great artists that transcends class or race. A lifetime of dissatisfaction with ones self that unites all true artists no matter where they come from.
>>
>>3105171
Lots of internet artists have grown up in poor, lower class environments and become good through sheer determination.

Back in the day it was impossible for poor people to become good at art because resources and knowledge were expensive. With the internet, we can access all of the resources we need in addition to millions of photographs and other artists' works for no cost. Even if you don't have a computer, public libraries and public schools offer free usage to the net.

Of course a nurturing environment (ie being born to rich parents who are artistically inclined) is an invaluable handicap because it instills good work ethic and you start practicing from an early age. But anyone can become good with enough discipline and resources. It'll be harder and take longer, sure, but it's not unattainable.
>>
Albert Dorne. Even Frank Frazetta to a degree.
>>
>>3105171
You should start by learning to respect your parents.
>>
>>3105621
>respecting stupid, uneducated people who sentenced you to poverty

Not only they expect me to be grateful for "getting a privilege of being born at all" but also they expect me to become a loser trash like themselves, meaning they don't support anything I do, because for worker class shits drawing is something kids do for fun. Fuck them and fuck you. I am crippled so much that I have to build everything from scratch.
>>
>>3105632
Fuck sake stop whinging and feeling sorry for yourself. Tonnes of people on this board alone are trying to make it in the same environment as you or even worse.
>>
File: image.jpg (158KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158KB, 800x600px
>>3105632
The best artists cultivate a sense of gratitude for everything they have, or wish for. Christ is the vine, we're the branches -- art is the fruit of the spirit!
>>
>>3105632
move out and cut contact then?
>>
>>3105632 who cares? just excuses for you being a piece of shit who cant draw.. thats your fault not anybody elses.
>>
>>3105638
Its not that i am whining, i dont like whining, its just i have to think realistically how i can achieve basic stuff and then move on. I dont think anyone got it worse here but i also dont want this thread to become a contest of whos more miserable. I just want to hear about people who made it while being in poverty, with no support from anyone... basically going from scratch
>>
>>3105671
"no support from anyone" is difficult to know. I know about a handful of artists who were poor and got themselves out of it. but i can't say whether they had unsupportive parents or not.

who gives a fuck about that anyway? get good, grow a fanbase and they'll support you instead.
>>
>>3105671
You don't think anybody has it worse here? I have a feeling you don't know very many people here in that case, you self centred asshole.
>>
>>3105996
Tell me how they got it worse. I hope you dont assume that having arms and legs makes your life good.

I dont get honestly. Do you think that someone who is never going to acquire a house or flat or literally anything has a lot of possibilities? Even the poorest motherfuckers I know will get something, I have to work for everything to be on the level of an average man. Thats not even the real problem but still, cool life am I right
>>
>>3105639
no please, christ is so artless it hurts
>>
>>3105681
>who gives a fuck about that anyway?

If you lived in such a shitty environment, you would know. For example I can't learn properly with people arguing and shouting in the house but I can't go anywhere else. Now imagine that happening every single day and the only solution is to really make it, so I can move out and forget about my dysfunctional family. But having so much responsibility on myself, so much weight on my shoulders and I have to endure this shit for years to come with no external support and nothing to motivate me. All this while being poor and hoping that I won't become homeless soon.

You fuckers got it really easy.
>>
>>3106579
>waaaah i'm a whiny ass faggot

if you want to make it, you will. simple as that.

i'd suggest to be "realistic" as you said, and get some sort of steady income (may or may not involve art) so you can move out and unleash your "creative potential".

poor fuckers can't make it. they gotta get rich first.
>>
>>3106639
>if you want to make it, you will. simple as that.

I live by this statement, thats the only thing that keeps me away from killing myself. My desire to become a good artist is greater than anything else and I believe that this is what everyone truly needs to become a successful person.
>>
>>3106234
>I hope you dont assume that having arms and legs makes your life good.
ill assume that shit all day
>>
>>3105589
>He was very shitty person as I remember.

Care to elaborate?
>>
just so you guys know: artists don't make much money, and the average income of a working artist is achievable by non-artists in non-art fields. Being envious of artists whose parents supported them is justifiable, but by the time all of us are 40, we'll probably all have normal jobs, or art jobs, and be perfectly content with our lives.

It's nice to have a job you enjoy, but it's just work. Relationships, family, stability are all things that are WAAAAAY more important to your happiness than if you enjoy your job. The job is just a bonus. If you enjoy your job great but there are plenty of people (artists included) that just do it to put food on the table.
>>
>>3106743
Seconding, do you mean he was a bad artist or a bad person in general.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (9KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
9KB, 200x300px
>>3106579
>For example I can't learn properly with people arguing and shouting in the house but I can't go anywhere else.
and you think you're the only one who's gone through this? buy some ear plugs from a pharmacy, they're like $2.
>>
>>3106936
I am not the only one for sure and I am actually seeking out for people like me to hear their story and how they got over it.
>>
>>3106895
Bad person
>>
>>3106941
i had a bad situation at home. what i did was change my sleeping schedule so that i was awake while they were asleep, that way i could practice in peace. i haven't made it yet (YET, i'm working on making a freelance portfolio by January), but I make about $200 monthly with commissions. that's not a lot, but it's enough to keep my hopes up and do things like buy my own food when I want. if you're poor, don't even tell them when you start making any money though or they might ask you for some. for the first $500~ i earned last year, my parents guilt tripped me into giving it all to them.
>>
>>3106234
holy shit you're delusional, most people have to work for everything they earn themselves with no support.
>>
>>3106964
>for the first $500~ i earned last year, my parents guilt tripped me into giving it all to them

damn
>>
>>3106969
I am sure they all have a dysfunctional family that will leave nothing but debts after they are gone.

You are mistaking supporting your child with basic stuff that other people get by default with supporting a 30 y old NEET.
>>
>>3107006
what is this default that everyone else seems to get?
>>
>>3107015
Food and shelter. I've been denied food for years, even before I was 18. As to having a home, I am constantly being reminded that I can lose it any day now because my parents are barely paying for it.

I am 22 and everyone in my age is still a student, nobody actually lives off himself and himself only. Of course you can tell me to go and find a job, but I live in a country where you can't sustain yourself for a minimal wage.

Of course this is all whining but I am fucking mad, nobody I know has to deal with this shit and everyone has at least some prospect to flourish. Obviously it's all on me, I just have to vent my frustration, because my life is complete shit and art is the only thing that can elevate me to greater heights.
>>
>>3107006
>>3107033
The key to ignoring parents fighting is to just do that, ignore it. Disassociation is your new best friend.

Also it sucks that your parents never got to be able to get their shit together. What country you in anon? Is there a military you can join? I remember a few of my dad's friends who were addicts and shit had their kids living pretty terribly but the oldest joined as soon as they hit 18 and never looked back.
>>
>>3107033
wallowing in self-pity and blaming other people isn't going to change your future. shut up and draw.
>>
>>3107033
>I live in a country where you can't sustain yourself for a minimal wage
>art is the only thing that can elevate me to greater heights.

if you don't already live in america you can prolly find a market for your rags to riches story if you retroactively lie about your success thereby becoming successful. selling the delusion of being a success is sadly a successful strategy for becoming one.
>>
I am talking too much, you people should tell stories about your shitty lives.
>>
>>3105568
where did you hear that? i'd like to learn more about his story
>>
>>3105319
wtf really? source? if it's true i really respect him as someone with a similar background kinda
>>
>>3105579
that's true, just do it who cares
>>
>>3107113
from a chinese website i found while searching his name in chinese looking for interviews. unsurprisingly, you can find a lot about him if you search him in the chinese version of google (baidu.com) with google translate.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.