[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>just feel the form man >just draw the rest of the fucking

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1456255039195.png (9KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
1456255039195.png
9KB, 205x246px
>just feel the form man
>just draw the rest of the fucking owl man

is feeling the form a meme? it sounds like one of those esoteric bullshit phrases that sounds mystique enough to get away with it, like when girls say they want to go "find themselves"
>>
form is essential OP, perspective too. However it is not necessary to be so explicit about them, you can be at first but after a while (like 4 years for me) you will get a solid sense of both
>>
>>3104786
Think of the pencil as a tiny pointed pick and the paper as a flat rock that you are carving a relief into. Wheb you stroke your line along the contour of forms within the outline it is as if you can "feel the form." Ya cynical, trashy nit-wit.
>>
>>3104786
Unless you're the god of feeling it like Vilppu then yes, it's a meme.

Drawing is fucking hard, nobody creates great works just by "feeling it". You create a great work by constructing it using your skills that you develop over years of practice.
>>
>>3104786
explore new techniques and keep drawing my man.

You will get there. You are going to make it
>>
>>3104786
Naw man, it's a very specific advice, actually.
You know how you start smiling when you draw a happy expression? That's 'cause the idea you have while drawing engraves itself into the picture and whenever someone looks at it, they'll feel it radiating throughout your work.
So if you "feel the roundness" or "feel the weight" of the form you're drawing, the form will end up "feeling" round of heavy to whomever sees it.
Drawing is all about the illusion of reality, so making a form feel real and physical is the best kind of illusion an artist can create.

Btw I think that's what also Steve Huston means when he says art is "an idea".
Same thing, just different interpretations from different teachers. Both of them can't be memeing, can they?
>>
>>3104828
What's "cynical" about wanting people to communicate in fucking exact terms?

You don't believe that people can't express themselves with clarity so there is no point even trying? That's called cynicism.

You little bleeding retard cuntrocket, wish I had you here so I could fucking snap your fingers one at a time and listen you cry and whimper in pain and regret, wishing that you had never posted that fucking waste of space of a post that exposed you for the retarded brainless shithead that you truly are.
>>
>>3104786
Just keep drawing from life and soon you will get it.

You can do it broski.
>>
If you don't understand what it means you never will. Go work at McDonalds.
>>
>>3104786
You aren't entitled to have artists explain everything to you like they are talking to a mentally challenged person. If you can't understand such a simple concept while everyone else can, then maybe you are the meme, my friend.
>>
>>3105306
phew, for a moment i tought i was autistic for making the same expressions i made my characters do while drawing them
>>
>>3105419
You shouldn't expect exact terms in a field that isn't exact in the first place.
Unless you are focussing on very specific properties of the materials you're using, like pigments in paints, or if you're studying perspective, don't expect art to be 'exact' and 'clear' as it simply isn't.
Art isn't simply creating an exact copy of what you see in real life, even the most accomplished masters of the past didn't do that.
With art you're trying to trick the user into seeing things that aren't there, you're trying to pass on emotions and feelings in a 2D space and there is hardly any exact science to feelings and emotions and how they respond to visual input.

So stop being an idiot and draw until you feel it.
>>
>>3105419
not gonna make it lol
>>
i want illogical people to get hanged.
>>
>>3107462
Are you fucking retarded my man? Don't call yourself a teacher of anything if you can't properly articulate what you're doing in a manner which can be replicated by the skill class you're trying to teach
>>
>>3107585
If everyone else gets it except for you, then it's not the teacher's fault and you shouldn't blame the teacher for your own incompetence and stupidity.
>>
>>3104786
Stop calling everything as meme, you meme loving fuck. Or you will become degenerate
>https://mega.nz/#!dfRkmaqY!E4Zu-M3qw43jB1QQuZXMiWuW6-v_JFRZyMi8oaNEh8c
>>
>>3105419
keked
>>
>>3107603
Not everyone gets the way Loomis tries to explain form in this book
The "Succesfull Drawing" book of his or even Drawabox do that much, much better
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.