[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>drawing for hours on end for days straight and i'm doing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: question1.png (401KB, 720x672px) Image search: [Google]
question1.png
401KB, 720x672px
>drawing for hours on end for days straight and i'm doing great
>start drawing the next day
>i suck again all of the sudden

How do I fix this?
>>
if you don't know shit or you are just a beginner you need to learn your basics don't draw for the sake of drawing
>>
>>3104780
I've been drawing for over 2 years. I grinded a bunch of fundies and did photo studies of statues and shit and then I try it again and I suck relative to my current level.
>>
File: 1421289238053.png (63KB, 335x338px) Image search: [Google]
1421289238053.png
63KB, 335x338px
>>3104761
>>3104783
How many finished pieces have you produced?
>>
>>3104796
All sketches and practice so far, but they're complete drawings. They just aren't painted or completely refined. I wanna git gud first because I don't want to waste time polishing turds.
>>
>>3104800
don't listen to >>3104780 and just keep drawing, you probably have a decent grasp on the fundies and you reinforce them by constantly drawing anyways as long as you're thinking when you draw and not just mindlessly scribbling

don't burn yourself out though, draw in moderation. maybe you just need a break
>>
>>3104800
As I thought. I fell for the 'don't bolish durds xD' meme and mainly did studies and sketches for nearly four years. It only occurred to me recently that the negative energy from finishing a piece can spur you in the right direction - you learn from your turds but you have to shit them out in the first place, or you're just going to be constipated the whole way through. Also a finished piece sort of acts like a save point, and tells your brain 'see, this is your skill level'. If all you is studies, you'll only be good at studies and nothing else. The trick is a good balance of the two
>>
>>3104837
>you learn from your turds but you have to shit them out in the first place, or you're just going to be constipated the whole way through.
That explains why /ic/ is so angry all the time.
>>
>>3104844
Considering a lot of the shitposters who tell people to fuck off and/or kill themselves don't actually draw, it's a pretty apt explanation.
>>
>>3104845
>tfw they're called shitposters because they're literally full of shit until they learn how to let loose
>>
>>3104847
legendary
>>
File: photo.jpg (33KB, 446x446px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
33KB, 446x446px
>>3104837
HOW DO YOU FINISH A PIECE IF YOU CAN'T DRAW IN THE FIRST PLACE AND HAVE NO INSPIRATION.
>>
>>3104885
There are different levels of finish and everyone starts off not being able to draw well. There's kindergarten level of finish with stick figures and a landscape. People on /ic/ think they can't draw but they can do that? So why not do a grade 3 level of finish with more colors and creativity? You can't expect to be doing highschool level or deviantart level right off the bat.
>>
>>3104837
very wise anon :D I mean this thoroughly unironically
>>
>>3104761
warm ups
>>
>>3104761
is this the same guy who copies from other artists and calls it his own?
>>
This thread just explained /ic/ wrath against its own users by using constipation as analogy. Wow
>>
>>3104800
you will learn a lot if you try to bring even a single piece to completion. you will also learn a lot if you try to overpolish and ruin the piece. both actions let you start thinking about lighting, composition, etc. you move away from the crappy sketching world with one foot into art.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.