[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>all you ever wanted to draw was cute girls doing cute things.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10

File: 1421685874999.jpg (211KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1421685874999.jpg
211KB, 633x758px
>all you ever wanted to draw was cute girls doing cute things.

Where are you now?
>>
>>3104452
Not drawing at all in fear of drawing ugly girls doing ugly things
>>
File: Aito.png (860KB, 907x935px) Image search: [Google]
Aito.png
860KB, 907x935px
>>3104452
still drawing despite drawing ugly girls doing ugly things
>>
>>3104452
You're wronh tho. I wanted to draw cute girls do ugly things.
>>
>>3104452
taking a break from practicing drawing cute girls doing cute things because I need to replace my laptop's hard drive
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (291KB, 1202x800px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
291KB, 1202x800px
>>
Stuck in floating torso hell.
>>
File: 1502971750768.png (271KB, 676x505px) Image search: [Google]
1502971750768.png
271KB, 676x505px
>>3104493
>tfw also stuck in floating torso hell

I don't know how many hours I've spent attempting to draw the torso and parts of it but it's definitely been my biggest focus so far. Even just getting it right head-on in 3/4th view is hard enough without getting into wild poses or extreme perspectives. There's just so much to it, so many muscles and bones working together to create a unique shape.

Drawing the chest is hardest, its shape is so strange and the curves can be so different depending on angles. And then every part of the torso changes when you change to a different body style because the proportions get squished or distended.

I even understand hands way better than I understand torsos because you can construct them much easier. With hands your bigger problems aren't overall construction, just proportioning and smaller details in the muscles. Proportions can be solved pretty quickly if you're drawing digitally, and for less realistic artwork it can be acceptable to ignore the smaller details.

At the very least I've developed a deep appreciation for how complex anatomy and physiology are. There's so much that goes into just keeping us balanced, so many subtleties in the way our bodies are positioned every moment. So much learned from trying to figure out how cute girls work in 2D.
>>
>>3104491
Holy shit, who are you? I can't find anything. How did you do it?
>>
File: august-18-2017.jpg (453KB, 1000x811px) Image search: [Google]
august-18-2017.jpg
453KB, 1000x811px
>>3104452
>closest thing to a boob I've painted is an apple
>closest thing to a nipple is a stem

fuck me, right?
>>
>>3104491
Your rendering is very pretty, and the hair/body look very good. Still lots of issues with subtle details in the hands/face/feet though, I see. Should go back and train more construction/detailed studies since you've got a good grasp on values and painting.
>>
>>3104541
at least you can paint really good looking apples, and boobs are just the apples of the chest when you get down to it
>>
>>3104541
Do I have to really have to draw before I paint, Brian? I just skip and paint, but I think that's messing me up.
>>
>>3104545
Is this some kind of meme? How do you paint before drawing without being some kind of savant?
>>
File: advice.jpg (391KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
advice.jpg
391KB, 750x1000px
>>3104545
I'm lazy, but if I really wanted to improve faster, I would draw a finished piece of what I was going to paint before I paint it. Not so much to prepare me for the painting, but just so I get in that drawing practice. You should as a general rule draw more than you paint. look at any tally of artworks done by great painters and it's usually 50/50 on paintings and drawings, or a slightly higher number of drawings.

If you want to pad out your numbers you can do what I did and draw a page of your hands in a mirror everyday for a year or until it gets boring.

And that means honest to goodness drawing, and not loomis meme bullshit. Drawing every contour of the hand, and shading every drawing, making sure to follow the form as literally as possible. No "construction" no "anatomy" just learning to draw what's in front of you. You don't need to learn what bones are in your hand to draw your hand, talented people might be able to memorize what a person "looks like" but the average artist only needs to concern themselves with what's above the surface, and drawing what they are looking at, not what they already know.
>>
>>3104551
>How do you paint before drawing without being some kind of savant?
Poorly, that's how.
>>
>>3104533
about 3-4 hours a day for 4 years. lots of master studies and doing copies of artists i like for practice (this is how i learned rendering..) And doodling with pose references, and the usual fundamentals practice for the drawing part.
>>
>>3104541
>>3104541
Please paint anime Catt! I think a drawing of you as ninja and her as yolandi from die antwoord would go over really well
>>
File: image.jpg (217KB, 830x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
217KB, 830x1000px
>Started because I wanted to be a Vocaloid producer, like I love the thing so much to the point I want to create art for the first time in my life, Not only that but I want to do everything: my own music, illustration and lyrics. (I had already been studying Japanese for 2 years)

>Realize I could approach music and drawing in the same way I did with Japanese

>I also realize after a while that drawing is the shit even if I'm shit at it

>As time passes I start heavily doubting my career choice which I made 10 years ago, At 29 I regret immensely not finding about art much earlier

>I'm overtly pursuing drawing to the point of risking losing my job, health and even so I still have not enough time to devote to it, makes me sad because I'm starting o dream about making it career just to devote myself to it.

>Manage to release a couple of songs with my own illustrations, music and lyrics ...never felt so good.

>Job gets more difficult and stressing, college does too

>Decide to drop out temporarily from college to give more time to drawing, it kind of works but I still need more time, have not touched music production in months

>Got my first commissions, did much better than I expected but I'm still not satisfied with my level, I'm also slow. I decide I will not take more and try to just git gud

->just like anime, Vocaloid is now filled with moe stuff, my favorite producers are MIA. it also has been more than a year since I composed anything,

>Still want to pursue music even if it's only a hobby but I can't manage to allocate time to it without losing significant time for sleep, drawing, languages, risking even more my dead end IT assistant job, etc...

>Decide I will go back to basics, started to sketch the only vocaloid I own so I can make a equally simple but listenable song for it.

So I'm 32 now still not good enough, depressed af, stuck on shitty job & country, not finishing college because I just want to create stuff and be as good as I can be
>>
>>3104782
You need to stop being okay at everything and be great at one thing
>>
>>3104782
>just like anime, Vocaloid is now filled with moe stuff, my favorite producers are MIA. it also has been more than a year since I composed anything,
Does Firez not like moe stuff?
>>
>>3104565
>about 3-4 hours a day for 4 years.

Seriously, may I ask how old you are currently and did you start from basically like stick figures?

Because to be honest. I feel like you should be at a higher level than you are now with that much practice put in.

Not trying to be a dick or discourage you or anything--you're not so bad and I like what you're doing with the coloring/rendering job on the right hand picture--but you are making some pretty blatant rookie anatomy errors. The girl on the left--her forearms are quite off. They slope like strung bows, are stiff and not positioned naturally. The righthand girl, her foot and ankle don't look right, and her breasts seems a little bit stiff and awkward too--at least to me.

Sorry m8 again not trying to be an asshole--just posting in the name of critique because that's what the board is for.

Am mirin the painting job though again.
>>
File: c.jpg (78KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
c.jpg
78KB, 500x666px
>>3104842
nah, you're right. the first 2 years were pretty much completely wasted because all i did was aimless doodling from imagination or copying styles of people way more advanced than me. pic related is the style i tried to emulate with the first image. it was a really stupid use of my time desu, but like i said, it did help me improve with rendering and style. it wasn't until i came to /ic/ and found out about the fundamentals that i actually started to practice the right way though.
>>
File: chick draw.png (72KB, 596x912px) Image search: [Google]
chick draw.png
72KB, 596x912px
>>3104452 (OP)
Well I drew this. Is it hot? Idk I don't know what's attractive or cute anymore...
>>
>>3104912
Her left hand is kinda wonky, but it does look quite nice and actually pretty tasteful
>>
>>3104476
>Just wanted to draw cute girls doing ugly things

Now I'm drawing fucking cubes in perspective. Sometimes I draw a nipple on them but even I'm not autistic enough to get my rocks off to this shit. T-thanks Loomis.
>>
>>3104897
I see, keep it up lad.
>>
>>3104897
Could you elaborate on the wrong way of studying vs the right way? Like how you changed your approach, what types of studies you did, routine, etc. I'm nearing 2 years now and I feel like I've also been doing a lot of doodling from imagination with only some progress.
>>
>>3104491
>tfw the left is better than what I can do
You must have been drawing your whole life I assume?
>>
>>3104452
i sort of wonder with people like you whether it's some weird gender swap things, like those threads on /gif/ where the gifs have like 'oh no now i am a girl, my female body is telling me i like the taste of cum, oh no i'm going wild for cum!' written on them.

do you really want to be a pretty girl and do cute things? i mean i like drawing pretty girls too, and i can't rule out the possibility.
>>
>>3104946
no i started the same year i drew that.

>>3104943
wrong way is drawing shit you don't actually know and expecting to magically get better at it just because you drew it 30 times over, or spent 28 hours on it. You need to go out and learn about everything you want to draw, you can't draw anything blindly without studying it first. You'll know it when you actually learned something new, and digested new information. If you don't feel yourself actively learning, then whatever you're doing is wasting your time. that's how you make sure you improve day by day. read books, look up videos, look up tutorials, get gumroad/patreon content from people you wanna learn techniques from etc
>>
>>3104969
>'oh no now i am a girl, my female body is telling me i like the taste of cum, oh no i'm going wild for cum!' written on them.
>do you really want to be a pretty girl and do cute things?
/a/ would say yes a hundred times over.
>>
>>3104565
>master studies
what exactly are master studies?maybe a retarded question but i want to be sure of what you guys mean by "master studies"
>>
File: Capture.jpg (83KB, 744x830px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
83KB, 744x830px
>>3104812
For some reason, I still think I might be able to wing it until I can start freelancing and/or even start a Patreon, if I could make at least 600usd per month, I would quit my full time job, resume college and music production

There is also this itch and realization I have about art, I feel like I need to/can say something substantial with the media I tried but have been unable to pursuit due to lack of time/space (music and oils particularly) the realization is that I only have this life and I already consumed/wasted the best part of it.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

>>3104841
Isn't that quite so, just like sweet stuff it can be ok in moderation but going overboard gives you diabetes. I also have tried doing more moe-ish stuff even with that same character (pic related) but it seems I do better with more normal proportions.
>>
>>3105105
600 a month is definitely achievable. I think you might even be able to do it at your current level. Just work on putting more of your stuff out there and doing more fanart and what not. If not now I'm sure you'll reach that goal sooner rather than later, just keep at it. The merc.wip guy comes to mind. He kept at it, got better and now he only takes commissions that are like 500+ or something if I'm not misremembering.
>>
>>3104452
Cute loomis drawing cute cubes
>>
>>3105116
Thanks anon your message gives me hope, MOREOVER, in the 4 months I accepted commissions, I got enough to buy a laptop to replace my faulty surface pro and a cintiq, However I'm still waiting on buying that last one because at 1.5$K it feels like gouging and if something goes bad it will be a nightmare to send it back from Honduras so in the meantime I'm using my emergency tablet: a cheap intuos small which makes me feel even slower (with the sp2 and ipad pro I got too used to work directly on the screen), this is part of the reason why I stopped taking commissions.

If there is a sale or amazon reduces the price to 1300 or so... I will buy it and start accepting commissions and see how it goes. As for the patreon thing I might open one once I get considerably faster and/or get more followers
>>
>>3105085
Not that guy, but by master studies he means studying works of the masters--Vermeer, Raphael, etc.
>>
I can draw any non sexual pose from imagination in a few different angles with limited perspective and foreshortening. I can do basic perspective drawings and shit out a half decent photo study with enough time. It's been 1 and a half months for me.
>>
Drawing Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
>>
>>3105214
Post work
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.