[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone still think that AI won't replace artists i

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 25

File: small[1].jpg (6KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
small[1].jpg
6KB, 128x128px
Does anyone still think that AI won't replace artists in the next few years?
http://make.girls.moe/#/
>>
File: small[1].jpg (5KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
small[1].jpg
5KB, 128x128px
cant wait for a hentai version of this
>>
>>3103317
Why do you insist on making this kind of shitposting thread every day even after people have spent hours of their life explaining to you brainlets why that won't be the case?
>>
>>3103317
This shit ain't fair, it's got perfect memory and it doesn't even draw nor do art, it just pumps out moeblobs.
>>
File: make waifu.png (50KB, 136x134px) Image search: [Google]
make waifu.png
50KB, 136x134px
>>3103317
AI-tards will defend this.
>>
File: Cute.png (40KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
Cute.png
40KB, 128x128px
Can these be used for other things though?
>>
if anything this just showcases the repetitiveness of moeshit character design
>>
File: killmenow.png (115KB, 1087x489px) Image search: [Google]
killmenow.png
115KB, 1087x489px
ai needs some loomis
>>
>>3103335
What do you mean it got perfect memory? Its a neuronal net, it had to learn that shit like you would.

>>3103342
>these be used for other things though?

There are GANs that can do photos, rooms, maps etc. This is the newest and most impressive one though.

Technically it can learn to do any kind of picture(you need thousands of examples though) even better if its labeled examples.

There is even an implementation that uses natural language to generate images (like input" a blue bird is looking at a ball") and it generates an image like that.
>>
File: 1473658156968.png (37KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1473658156968.png
37KB, 128x128px
no.
you can get some general stuff done with ai, but fine tuning it for a specific vision, which is mostly what is required by artists, takes more work than just hiring someone to actually draw it for you. plus artists can fix a specific part or small details, neural networks like this aren't capable of small adjustments on command like that.

What you could do is autogenerate things and later have an artist go back over things to correct things, but once again you still need someone who knows what they're doing artistically speaking.
>>
>>3103907
yeah but in the end this cheapens art greatly. Sure your job as artist will be to finetune ai-generated stuff, but you don't even need to be a great artist just barely decent to do this.

Also the general public will not even notice your work. They will think "sure it looks nice but I can use AI to generate hundreds of pieces that almost look as nice as this on the fly, whats the big deal?"
>>
File: index.png (52KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
52KB, 128x128px
>2moe4me
>>
File: download (1).png (35KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).png
35KB, 128x128px
>>3103342
I can already see it becoming an avatar generator.
>>
>>3103344
You mean anime in general
>>
>>3103317
AI will fail where most real artists fail. Copy machines already exist. So no, they wont replace the real thing.
>>
Imagine a company like Google or OpenAI putting serious resources behind getting on this problem or something like comedy. In the long run nothing is safe. A lot of things will change.
>>
People love art because they love the artist that drew it. How can they love a machine?
>>
>>3104151
People love art because it's either recreational or it fulfills some need whether its utilitarian or sexual

And for the record I'd fuck the shit out of a robot
>>
File: download.png (36KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
36KB, 128x128px
>>3103361
agreed
>>
File: kj.png (45KB, 198x247px) Image search: [Google]
kj.png
45KB, 198x247px
>>3103317
>http://make.girls.moe/#/

i think we'll be fine for a while yet
>>
File: generated waifu.png (39KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
generated waifu.png
39KB, 128x128px
Still better than my art...
>>
File: kj.png (29KB, 538x560px) Image search: [Google]
kj.png
29KB, 538x560px
>>3104407
>>
>>3103987
not really, because people (who matter) aren't looking for a generic ripoff, they have a specific vision in mind that can't be gotten across to a program.
the program might get lucky or close, but its not what the company is typically looking for.
For example using this i had a good idea what I wanted when I said I wanted a drill haired girl wearing a ribbon, but I got >>3103907 which was nothing close to what i wanted.
that isn't something you get a random nobody with crayons to fix.

At best AI can create some beautiful illustrations, but that doesn't mean they'll take the job of illustrators because illustrators are hired to draw something someone already has a good idea what it will look like, not a generic illustration ripped off of 1000s of other illustrations
>>
File: download.png (42KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
42KB, 128x128px
>>
>>3104416
I think you'd be lucky to find a person who can successfully rip off 5 illustrations

>the program might get lucky or close, but its not what the company is typically looking for
Being competitive on the market isnt just about creating quality products, you also need to justify the production costs.

If you can use a licence for "generic Anime girl generator 20XX" for $1000 that more than justifies the cost as opposed to the recruitment of one or multiple illustrators all with salaries and maintenance

>For example using this i had a good idea what I wanted when I said I wanted a drill haired girl wearing a ribbon, but I got >>3103907 which was nothing close to what i wanted.

This program is obviously not best example of what AI is capable of and right now people are already going after Picasso and Van Gogh which should say something about how close they're getting

>At best AI can create some beautiful illustrations

At "best" AI can render the entire human race obsolete
>>
>>3104147
The first things to go will be literally every other job though. From office worker to manual labor even to doctors and lawyers, they'll all be replaced long before creative fields.
>>
>>3104431
>At "best" AI can render the entire human race obsolete

Sure, but you won't be alive to see that happen. No one of us will be. These day dreams always come from underachieving losers who want to feel better about themselves, so they pretend that soon AI is gonna make everyone equally useless as they are.
>>
>>3104431
>it can copy
exactly my point, it copies what's already there or maybe mashes them together.
If I have in mind a very specific idea for a girl, so a character in a novel that is described in detail. I want THAT character drawn, not a generic pushed out anime blob which the AI is capable of making. I have a vision i want drawn, not a random drawing.

>At best
yes, but we're not talking in the far future. as they are now and with current progress its going to be a long time before AI is capable of what you want from an artist.
>>
>>3104434
>Sure, but you won't be alive to see that happen.
Actually I'm in the 'camp' that believes dying from natural causes will be 'fixed' in 50 years provided nothing major happens
And that's a fairly pessimistic estimate compared to some people's like Kurzweil. Ofcourse it's a ship of theseus thing but who cares.
I'm in my 20's living in a first world country so I figure my chances are pretty good.

>>3104437
>If I have in mind a very specific idea for a girl, so a character in a novel that is described in detail. I want THAT character drawn, not a generic pushed out anime blob which the AI is capable of making. I have a vision i want drawn, not a random drawing.

Okay how much of a profit are you expecting to turn and how much are you willing to pay?

>yes, but we're not talking in the far future. as they are now and with current progress its going to be a long time before AI is capable of what you want from an artist.

I agree it won't happen in "the next few years" (I'm assuming 3-5) as OP states but I don't think it's far-fetched to see Kyoani-tier character generators appear in 7-12 years that can also take into account personality traits, target group and appeal. Especially if means of communication on the internet is becoming more and more owned by big corporations like Google and Facebook and they can(will) sell that information to neural net research groups

I think >>3104432 is more on the money but I'd include writers in that group, expect artists to lose their shit when that happens
>>
>>3104448
>how much profit
I don't run a company, but there's a reason people get hired to do these things.

I think you have a profound misunderstanding of how these things work.
>>
>>3104449
>I don't run a company, but there's a reason people get hired to do these things.
Yeah, sometimes their name carries weight like when comic book artists get hired for Video Game concepts like Joe Mad, obviously the people at Vigil were huge fans of his work and that played it's part but what about all the other "no-names" working in the office.

While we're on concept art, it usually features hella photobashing for obvious reasons, it just saves time and it is what it is, care to think about how far that justification can go?

What we're really talking about here though is mainly an entertainment industry that relies on a lot of professional artists and I just don't see how they're gonna stay relevant enough in the long run for it to be a feasible career option
>>
>>3104465
Name one (1) career that basically last you your lifetime? None. Being "good" at something means jack shit if you don't force fuckers to abide to your whim. Thats what's the difference between you (a janitor) verses the head director and businessman of a Corporate company. You shouldn't be thinking "I'll be here forever" if you A. Can't even be a person that won't suck everyone's dick and B. Knows how to make and take advantage over any and every opportunity to keep you in check. Don't you wonder why rich people stay rich and poor people stay fucked? It's all about control, not skill, talent, etc. You gotta stay above everyone else.

Being a long time artist isn't a artist that is "good", it's one that is demanded. An AI can mimic you at a cheaper price, but it can't be creative than humanity, period. AI can only copy what it knows. Humans can think what other humans like and pander to their needs over a computer truly can. And in the end, authenticity is more accepted and valued over generic knockoffs. There's a reason "brand names" sells more even though they usually cost more than generic brands.
>>
>>3104431
i hope i'm alive for like the first real ai break through if there is one. even if it renders me homeless...i'm going to draw some androids
>>
>>3104415
no one else will draw their moe girl?
>>
>>3103317
>next few years
people have been saying this for decades. I guess you'll be right eventually but it doesn't make for a convincing argument
>>
>>3104416
>For example using this i had a good idea what I wanted when I said I wanted a drill haired girl wearing a ribbon, but I got >>3103907 which was nothing close to what i wanted.

Then again all you had to do is click once and wait a few seconds to get another one(or just let the AI generate dozends of examples at once and pick the best. Running on your graphics card it could propably generate hundreds to thousands of images per minute.
>>
>>3104479
>AI can only copy what it knows.
Facebook shut down an AI that started to develop its own language. They can be creative alright.
>>
>>3104432
It will start slow with subsets of creative tasks getting automated. I.e. an AI that helps you with your final linework, anatomy, or with finding the right refs (you input a stick figure and it outputs something fully lit). Until finally all the AI components together can replace you completely.

I imagine art AI as something that will watch us communicate and from that extract our desires, fears, hopes (the human condition), which it uses to create profoundly touching pieces. I bet spotify will work this way soon...taking in more than listening habits to reason about which songs to play to you, but also considering what's going on on the web as a whole.

Also let's not even mention how AI will be able to be a better friend or partner than any human. We will not even want to hang out with our friends anymore, as they're messy and cause us grief. So much shit will change.

(posted after training an AI via recaptcha)
>>
>>3103317
Some of them, maybe. But I personally will never be interested in something that was "generated". You missing the point of art. It has value only because is was made by a human being. Any piece of art is someones perspective and that is what makes it interesting. AI has no perspective on anything and probably never will. Until AI has consciousness no matter what he does it will be nothing more than just a curiosity, something that makes you go "huh, cool" before forgetting it forever the second you turn away.
>>
>>3105303
It was shut down because it didn't make any sense and the machines were basically speaking jibberish to each other. It was a failure.
>>
>>3105303
>>3105373
Yes, basically as I said "Humans can think what other humans like and pander to their needs over a computer truly can". It's just like any animal language in the end, truly something smart of AI to do I would admit, but was it something Humans needed to learn and use themselves? Maybe morse code or something, but that couldn't be as useful if all cpus can understand it and in someway, could be a real security risk.

I'm in the boat AI just can't get human interest, just emulate it. I would honestly think AI would think "innovation" is useless and be another reason to purge humankind when innovation in itself doesn't abide by 0s and 1s, and instead to think in between to come up with something new, even if that isn't helpful for humankind.
>>
>>3103317
>>3103317
Unless we get sapient AI, then it's not happening. Judging the relationship between similar features and amalgamating them is not the same as designing something from scratch. This neural network also only analyzes pictures of anime girls, while real people can draw inspiration from a variety of non-anime girl sources to make their anime girls more unique.
>>
>>3105303
That's what news outlets said to get clicks based on a poorly worded statement from some Facebook engineer.

They weren't actually developing a coherent language, what happened is that they got stuck in a loop and patterns started to emerge from the back-and-forth parroting and mixing of the same phrases.

It wasn't true communication, just two algorithms re-mixing data in a way that vaguely resembled language but was purely coincidental. The repeated phrases and words didn't MEAN anything.
>>
>>3105507
You are right about the clickbait but your explanation is wrong too.
The stuff it said was meaningful, they just shut it down because it was supposed to communicate with humans, not with other machines.
>>
>>3103317
it literally generates already drawn images based on your filters, and badly at that.
>>
It's literary just presets, every shitty j-rpg has this shit, thefuck you talking about
>>
File: YpusaO64enWLlEon.webm (644KB, 264x320px) Image search: [Google]
YpusaO64enWLlEon.webm
644KB, 264x320px
>tfw learning A.I. predicted stylization so you don't get left behind
>>
File: 316816513.png (46KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
316816513.png
46KB, 128x128px
>>
File: 23168432165.png (37KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
23168432165.png
37KB, 128x128px
>>
File: 851321613.png (37KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
851321613.png
37KB, 128x128px
eh
>>
File: index.png (42KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
42KB, 128x128px
unf
>>
>>3107038
>>3106614

its a neuronal net trained on thousands of pictures
that can generate new faces in mere seconds based on what you want.
Thats fucking impressive.
>>
>>3107574
>A.I. predicted stylization
whats the source on that?
>>
File: index.png (41KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
41KB, 128x128px
uhh
>>
AI is smart and you can teach it to emulate all sorts of thing. I agree it might devalue people who for example draw generic anime waifus in a generic style with nothing original about them but they deserve to be devalued. I dont believe AI will ever be able to produce a unique and original style of its own all it can do is parrot all the images fed into it.
>>
>>3103317
i think this is the wrong attitude, you should view things like this as more tools, not in fear. it's very interesting to think that artists would ever be scared of technology
>>
>>
File: 1503392763868.jpg (497KB, 1252x1466px) Image search: [Google]
1503392763868.jpg
497KB, 1252x1466px
>>3104136
Yup. All anime characters look exactly alike.
>>
>>3109510
Clearly never seen naruto in their lives.
>>
If A.I becomes so advanced that it can generate meaningful and passionate art then it might as well just replace humanity
>>
>>3104448
They've been saying we'll reach immortality in 50 years, since 30 years ago.
It won't happen. Economy doesn't want progress? We don't get progress.
The biggest "technology" company in the world has been selling the same fucking phone that was designed in 98 every year since 07.
>>
File: 1494027023454.png (415KB, 784x450px) Image search: [Google]
1494027023454.png
415KB, 784x450px
It's not drawing anything, it's only mashing existing images up.
>>
>>3109778
>implying thats not what the nips do
>>
File: index.png (51KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
51KB, 128x128px
were fucked guys
ABSOLUTELY FUCKED
>>
File: small[1].jpg (5KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
small[1].jpg
5KB, 128x128px
>>3109778
its mashing up features of existing images. It learned what a ribbon looks like (well kinda) and can add this to any other picture.

Also how long did you need to get those crappy examples? I only get good ones.
>>
>>3111033
It knows what a ribbon looks like but it doesnt understand a ribbon. Its like saying someone who has a sticker set of cats knows how to draw a cat. The ai is still pretty dumb
>>
>>3111166
No it does understand what a ribbon is(visually at least). Its not copy and paste it has learned the properties of "ribbon" and its able to apply them in the context(like perspective) and in the process it creates a new ribbon that has never been seen before.

Thats what neuronal nets do, they work like your brain, they learn with every picture just less efficient.
>>
>>3103317
Next few years? Replacing artists?

No. They'll be a tool but never a replacement for the foreseeable future except for really simple tasks.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.