[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>dont draw figures for 5 months while i grind other things

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: boy squat sit.jpg (221KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
boy squat sit.jpg
221KB, 1600x1200px
>dont draw figures for 5 months while i grind other things
>now cant draw figures for shit
fucking hell, is this going to happen to everything else too? how do i avoid all this?
>>
>>3101771
Don't completely drop other aspects of art as you improve on others. The problem is that you completely stopped, you didn't even draw figures every now and then to keep the skill in your hands.
>>
>>3101774
but with all of the different things, wouldn't i spend the entire time just maintaining previously held skills without having room to learn anything new?
>>
>>3101771
>>3101779
What are you trying to learn? What's your end goal? The problem might be that you're trying to master too many things. Just focus on one or two things that you really want to excel at, and do those all the time. Don't ever completely stop. Other things that you would like to be pretty good at but don't feel the need to master can be done on the side whenever you have the time.

Don't try to be a god at everything, because you never will be. Kim Jung Gi can't paint nearly as well as Sam Michlap, and Sam Michlap can't draw nearly as well as Kim Jung Gi. There's a reason for that.
>>
>>3102390
i want to be able to draw anything to a high degree of mastery in the long term
in the short term i want to be able to draw anything to a relative degree of basic competency.

if you are wondering what i practiced, it was heads (took ages, its tough), hands, feet, vehicles, architecture, rendering, and then learning to tablet. then i went back to figures and they were shite. naturally i want to be able to do all of these things and i dont think its an unreasonable training menu.
>>
You basically have to keep drawing everything all the time.
Everyday do figures, cars, guns, architecture all that shit.

Also, quality over quantity. You don't have to spend 20 hours a day trying to keep up with all those subjects. You're better off doing a single tight, focused study instead of mindless shit by the thousands.
You don't want to polish turds all the time, but don't let 'it's just a sketch' be an excuse to avoid problem solving. It's better to try and draw something to the best of you ability and really try and solve a problem, then to pump a thousand shitty sketches that don't do anything.
>>
>>3101774
This

>>3101779
You should practice fundamentals all the time not vehicles, architecture and whatever else you decide randomly.

Study gesture, form, construction, proportion, perspective, composition, value and color all the time and you'll be able to draw anything.
>>
The biggest meme of this board are studies.
You should keep creating complete finished pictures to utilise your knowledge.
>>
>>3101771

If you forget means you didn't understand it fully. Do it again until you truly understand it. And don't just do studies.

Try to do some imagination figure using what you've learned from studies. This will make shit stick in your brain for a long time.

Do some studies 1 or 10 up to you then do 10 to 20 from imagination. The goal is not to be perfect. It's to recall what you've learn.
>>
>>3101771
Just spend the first 30-45 min warming up with
2 min gestures, boxes and organic forms you retard. Why do you fucks on /ic/ make drawing so hard?
>>
Also, what happened to him? I haven't seen any new art from him since 2008
>>
File: 1486365857083.jpg (212KB, 800x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1486365857083.jpg
212KB, 800x1136px
>being so shit at learning you forget how to draw figures
sasuga /ic/
>>
>>3101771
Isn't that kind of regression normal? Every time it happens to me it only takes a day or two to reach my old skill level
>>
>>3102390
>Meme Jung Gi
>>
>>3102634
This. If you study without purpose your brain throws the information in the same bucket that it would when you cram for a class. You will forget rapidly if you don't use it, your brain is trained for that.

If you do finished pieces that you really care about and polish then this locks in the gains for good. Basically it tells your brain "no, this isn't some school shit that I'm going to forget in a week, I actually care about this, it's useful to me".
>>
>>3102494
>guns

I'm not a child so no
>>
>>3102780
Pretty much. Unfortunately I went the study route for 2+ years and only realized this a few weeks ago
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.