[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you learn to draw without any tutorials at all? I spend most

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: barg.png (581KB, 432x684px) Image search: [Google]
barg.png
581KB, 432x684px
Can you learn to draw without any tutorials at all? I spend most of the time doing still life studies and I was wondering if I really, really need books and video tutorials to get good.

Let me put it this way: I know that tutorials are helpful for getting better with very specific stuff, I am talking about general skills that can allow you to work in that industry with any success.
>>
Yes.

Why there are so many retarded threads lately holy fuck
>>
>>3098276
To be honest I expected more than "yes", because yes, it's possible in one's lifetime. I am interested more in efficiency. Is drawing by yourself worth it? It may sound simple, because you are all talk the same shit, "just draw", but really it is not that simple.
>>
>>3098269

Life draw, but use construction and sight-size.
>>
>>3098269
Yeah if you wanna learn super fucking slowly and be unable to communicate basic concepts with other artists you can learn purely from life drawing.

Like holy shit, are you smoking crackcaine or something to ask such a fucking stupid question?
>>
You can. The more resources you have at your disposal the better you can become. You don't NEED tuts and books but some are helpful and can make you look at things in a different way or make you want to try different techniques you wouldn;t of otherwise thought of.

I think the best goal to have really, is one where you are enjoying the progress of reaching that goal.

I don't really use video tuts. I have books on anatomy and facial expressions that I copy from, time to time. But I'm not drawing to hopefully get a job out of it one day, I do it cos I enjoy it.
>>
>>3098299
Use your fucking brain for two seconds. What do tutorials do? they show you the process of the artist. They provide helpful shortcuts the artists found as they were drawing. They might be beneficial to you, but they also might not.

It all depends on what you're aiming for. In general, any teacher would tell you there's no substitute for life drawing no matter your goal. I still don't get the point of this thread, what kind of answer are you expecting exactly, do your fucking thing, if it doesn't work out do something else.

We all try and fail and find new solutions. It's part of the process. Stop worrying about every little thing and find your way.
>>
.>>3098304
for how long
>>
>>3098304
>sight-size
That's almost as bad as telling someone to trace photographs to learn.

Just measure things by eye, no need to get all autistic about it. It's much harder, but more beneficial for actually learning. Think of it like resistance training, the harder it is, the more your drawing muscles grow.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.