[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My friend needs help. He's been drawing for years but his

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: sWH5GlZ.png (42KB, 490x342px) Image search: [Google]
sWH5GlZ.png
42KB, 490x342px
My friend needs help. He's been drawing for years but his art hasn't changed much at all. He keeps ignoring my suggestions to study art and fundamentals, and he is planning on doing a project. Pic related is his WIP. He's around age 21.
Can he be salvaged or is he fucked?
>>
ayy
>>
If he refuses to study the fundamentals then he's a total lost cause. Might as well give up.
>>
>>3097749
>around age 21
Nah, he is done, find a new friend.
>>
>>3097749
He's fucked mate. People that don't seek to improve themselves are hopeless
>>
>>3097749
>He keeps ignoring my suggestions to study art and fundamentals
>He's around age 21
completely fucked.
>>
>>3097749
People like that are the worst.
>>
I don't understand how people can look at their art, then look at professional level art, and not say "wow my art is clearly shittier, maybe I should look for ways to improve it"
>>
>>3097899
When I started animating sticks I would look at my animations and compare it to another. When I did I knew mine was worse but I didn't know why. When you do something for a while you get used to the way you do things and it looks good enough to you. Gonna assume that's how it works with anything you can improve in that's comparable to others.

When I was in beginner limbo I would think I was better than someone even though it was blatantly obvious that I wasn't to others. Problem is that you don't see your flaws and don't give people a chance to point them out, leaving you in an endless limbo of mediocrity. It sucked, but when I started actively looking for cnc I improved a lot.

So ITT: Beginners think their work is better than it actually is until they begin to realize their flaws. They get so used to seeing those flaws that they think that they are correct.

I've only had experience with this type of learning in animating because I've been animating long enough to know. Could be completely different for art. Gonna assume it's the same though.
>>
>>3097749
That hand is surprisingly good compared to the quality of that face.
>>
File: 1480583528776.jpg (90KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1480583528776.jpg
90KB, 500x667px
>>3097749
>He keeps ignoring my suggestions to study art and fundamentals,and he is planning on doing a project.
Why is it always these non drawing ass niggas that's always in the planning stages of a huge project? FFS, you don't even practice in the first place so how are you going to pull it an entire project.
>>
>>3098049
It's because they're too retarded to realize their "ideas" are just as bad as their drawing skills.

I remember some of my ideas I had before I started seriously learning to draw and christ were they bad. The ideas I come up now aren't great either but at least I'm conscious of the fact so I don't have to waste time starting humongous projects based on them.
>>
I'm sorry, anon, but he's fucked.
On the bright side he can probably
make some really accurate Sonichu comics.
>>
>>3097749
I see your problem. Just obtain some talent and you'll be fine. Talent is all you need, anyways. Fuck studies.
>>
>>3097749
if someone refuses to study fundamentals then they're a lost cause and you should cut off all contact with them if they consider art to be a major part of their life
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.