[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey so I've been contemplating quitting the art scene lately...I've

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: crap_sketch_practice.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
crap_sketch_practice.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Hey so I've been contemplating quitting the art scene lately...I've seen no growth this year here is a practice sketch i did of one of my most favorite artists Waveloop (as known on Instagram Deviant Art etc...) this year my focus was on torso anatomy and still I feel no growth. I may upload some more if you want to see but idk I'm 22 at the moment is it too soon to quit?
>>
Its always too soon to quit yet in a purely existential sense its never too soon to quit.
>>
>>3097028
>posts a sketch referencing a popular artists' work
>complains about lack of improvement over a short time
>mentions age
yep, it's a shitpost

elaborately crafted, I'll give you that
>>
>>3097036
well desu I feel the same I did last year and I do practice from life and such but style wise I reference my favorite artists to add to my own style which is why I shared a quick sketch. And yes I mentioned my age but still there are people younger than me accomplishing more while I sit at home practicing and finally getting a job in over 7 months.
>>
>>3097040
stop thinking negatively, you bitch

you probably have improved and are being too harsh on yourself

maybe take a break from practice and draw what you want, you clearly have a decent degree of skill and being an artist isn't just about constantly improving technical skill. don't you have goals or tastes that you wanted to learn to draw in order to fulfill? if not what the fuck, if you do then try and start fulfilling them, you'll keep learning and pushing yourself as you go along.

if all else fails just try and forget all external factors, all except fine arts and breathing
>>
>>3097047
Ive been trying to get better at digital painting and Idk if im being too hard on myself tho
>>
>>3097078
you're right just stop drawing right now and never have any ambition again

maybe even kill yourself, but take me out first if you do
>>
>>3097086
ok i was planning on offing myself anyways cant work retail all my life especially after quitting art
>>
>>3097028
>but idk I'm 22

I could see you saying this if you were, like, 30 years old and even then that isn't so bad.. You have plenty of time to get good you faggot.
>>
>>3097105
so many artists around my age are way better than I and I do try but nothing seems to be sticking lately while I try a new style to break away from my extremely cartoony style and by lately i mean years
>>
>>3097109
>so many artists around my age are way better than I

And there are artists far younger than our age better than us who are considered "talented" and artists older than us who wish they can draw the crappy gesture in your OP. None of that should concern you though.
>while I try a new style to break away from my extremely cartoony style
style should not be your concern
>>
There are a lot of "I see no improvements despite studying" threads lately.
>>
>>3097119
what should be my concern then?
>>
it looks like you have the form down.
I gotta be honest.
If you put nothing but expectations and stress and doubt behind those strokes the effects can vary.

sometimes it can be hurtful and show in your work other times it can be a true driving force and help you give birth to whole worlds.

Personally, on my best day these things keep me hungry and I use it to push myself to never settle and think "That's enough, good job."
but you gotta know when to step away. When you are overworking something. Step back. Have a snack, stretch your legs. have a smoke, whatever. Come back. Look again.

On my worst........this is about you, right? ;)

Things like Talent, Skill, Knowledge, being a pleasure to work with.....the market doesn't care, but you gotta show more initiative than this.

Looks to me like doubt is straight up destroying you. You demonstrated knowledge of a form but it tells me very little about who you are as an artist. What interests you? What stories do you like? Who is this woman? Whats her story? Those are details that you gotta invoke thru your choices and you kind of left of midway through......its like a conversation, right? You are describing this woman to me and you my mind is forming a visual....see? I know her outline, you kind of gave me a clue about the attitude and maybe even hints of an outfit or something through the linework, but nothing else. Just clues......vague ones.

God I sound pretentious but its up to you to decide how far you want to go. Show us who you are, what we should know, what is important or what you think is wonderous, take us to a place or let us meet your friend. You are the driver and we are just passengers. So where is this going to go?

Go get inspired. Find your reason. Find your center. Find your muse, but put the pencil to the paper.
>>
>>3097123
Its almost as if not everyone is going to make it or something. huh. Really penetrates my peanuts
>>
>>3097175
With that shitty attitude of course they won't.
>>
It doesn't have to be all or nothing. Just reduce drawing to a hobby. Do it because it's fun.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.