[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be 22 >still beginner I know from various podcasts that

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: Life - 0125.jpg (83KB, 600x651px) Image search: [Google]
Life - 0125.jpg
83KB, 600x651px
>be 22
>still beginner

I know from various podcasts that its pretty much impossible to make it now but are there any people that somehow made it? It obviously a 1 in 1000 case but still, seeing someone succeed so late is nice to see.
>>
>>3096895
>being this retarded

You might not have a chance of being a master anymore but you still have a very good shot at being good enough for others to envy you shitstain of a human being.
>>
If you start at 22, you'll have EIGHT (8) years of experience when you're 30. 8 years ago, you were 14. Think about how long ago that was. Imagine you spent all that time drawing instead of lamenting over being in your prime, you could actually be good.
>>
>>3096896
I want to be an illustrator and work for money but the point that was also brought up is that its a very competitive field and being 22 AND a beginner means I am behind a lot of people.
>>
>>3096900
I'm a software developer full time and just started drawing a couple of months ago at the age of 24. But it essentially boils down to this >>3096899. Start now, or give up.
>>
>>3096900
>being 22 AND a beginner means I am behind a lot of people.

Yes, you are behind and you're lacking tons of skills. Are you going to allow that to stop you, or are you going to do an effort and try anyway?
If you're not willing to try, then give up and spend your energies somewhere else.
You're willing to try, stop posting and get to work.
>>
>>3096900
>being 22 AND a beginner means I am behind a lot of people.
Your age is not gonna matter when you find work, only your portfolio and how you work.
>>
File: wasteofskill.gif (482KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
wasteofskill.gif
482KB, 600x375px
>>3096895
did you paint that?

MOATDD started at age 25

Look how good he is now
>>
File: file.png (13KB, 287x120px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
13KB, 287x120px
>>3096931
Truly a master
>>
File: materialbust_toy.jpg (88KB, 1000x802px) Image search: [Google]
materialbust_toy.jpg
88KB, 1000x802px
>>3096934
another one
>>
>>3096928
It's not about the age as if you are old or not, it matters that you are behind many people and you wont be the first choice ever.
>>
>>3096900
dude if your first thing with art is that you want to make money you are never going to make it.
>>
>>3096961
Make it for money meaning I can do what I like and live comfortably, not that I want to be super rich.
>>
>>3096962
Yeah dude that's still a problem. You should be an artist cause you love art. Never because of money.
>>
>>3096895
where do you get the idea that this is a race? no one hires an illustrator for their age.
>>
>>3096971
you can love both and still make it.
>>
>>3096900
you're not "in the field" until you develop skills and can actually provide a desirable product, you insufferable cunt
>>
>>3096895
Don't bother, I am 27 now and I started 22 aswell, it's too late. Not because you aren't some prodigy and all tha crap, it's because it's so hard to keep up with everyone that you really have to start early, but this goes back to talent and luck. Talent because you have to progress faster than average guy and luck because your parents have to see the potential and buy you a scholarship or something. Drawing is fun but it's only working for some people.
>>
>>3096895
what podcasts?
>>
>>3096931
>MOATDD started at age 25

you don't say?

>Look how good he is now
>good
>>
>>3096931
>>3096934
>>3096937
nice bait.

>>3097966
You don't need to get a scholarship and go to art school, you can learn the the things they teach there on your own.
>>
File: money.gif (964KB, 318x244px) Image search: [Google]
money.gif
964KB, 318x244px
>>3096971
Then you just stay over there while I get rich af off of my furry space marines
>>
If 22 is too old, is 19 too old to start aswell?
>>
>>3098100
I started with around 17 and now 10 years later I make a living off concept art and illustration.

19 should still be fine. You gotta work super hard tho. At least I did.
>>
>>3098122
you gotta work super hard at any age to make it .
>>
the age thing is a meme, you have your entire life ahead of you lad, just keep working
>>
>>3098132
^that its all about doing the work.
>>
>>3096895

Just quit.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.