[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is normal to be jealous of others to the point of not enjoying

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

is normal to be jealous of others to the point of not enjoying their art anymore
>>
>>3096694
Yeah, but I usually get over that soon enough
>>
I used to be like that when I was younger (as in 15), after a while you will learn to get over it and their artwork will start to inspire you to work harder to someday reach that level. Dont worry.
>>
>>3096694
Yes, it happened to me with akairot.
that guy bastardized my favorite characters from nintendo with all his senseless lewd art from smash bros.

He's quite good though
>>
>>3096694
The only person I ever get that feeling about is Vetyr. Purely because she's going into engineering school and is younger than me and way better at art. Meanwhile, I'm starting my last year of engineering school and my drawings are garbage
>>
>>3096788
we can't be angry because others have a greater drive to succeed than we do

all we can do is cry on the internet together and hope we can get motivated
>>
it may be "normal" or maybe more appropriately "common" but it's almost universally detrimental to your development as an artist. people who gain more drive, feel more encouraged by seeing better artists tend to make it much farther than one who see people better than them as some kind of negative in their life. maybe you'll change into the former, hopefully you won't remain the latter.
>>
>>3096771
I feel like Akairot has stagnated a bit, he's kinda drawn the same for quite a white now.
>>
>>3096694

I have trouble believing in my art because I still don't make enough money to live by myself and I feel like that should be my first priority. I can't imagine any level of mental independence that is more important than material independence.
>>
I think jealousy is common and something almost everyone experiences at some point but maybe not to the degree that you feel so bad you no longer like making art.
>>
File: 1483323255240.jpg (12KB, 385x243px) Image search: [Google]
1483323255240.jpg
12KB, 385x243px
>get angry at myself when I see good works done by others
>increase my drive to improve
>make some sick improvement jumps here and there
>still not enough
>I want to be better than those artists I admire
>once i'm better than them I'll do what I always wanted
>I'll befriend them and we'll have fun with art together

I will be better than them.
I'll stretch my hand down to them and help them to be beside me.
I'll help everyone, because nobody helped me when I was starting out.
We will be better together
>>
>>3096823
fucking gay
>>
>>3096851
super gay
>>
>>3096823
>We will be better together
>together
fuck off.
this is pure denial over the fact that half of this entire board will fucking stagnate. either you will laugh at those losers who didn't improve or you will be laughed at.
>>
>>3096885
to be honest I just got here 3 days ago to get some books, but stayed around to read the discussions.

I can see why you guys can't improve though, and it's pretty sad.
>>
>>3096792
I can get angry over anything I feel like desu family pie
>>
>>3096788
Same desu mang. I don't hate her as a person or even her art but I do get pissed at myself and even discouraged sometimes when I see people younger than me who are way better than me especially if they are only doing art on the side. Completely just drains the motivation out of me.
>>
>>3096694
No, sounds like a recipe to mediocrity.
>>
I don't, but I do get a desire to get better than them, as in I'm not spiteful about their success and rather I just get motivated to work harder.
>>
File: tumblr_nvi71hmgiq1slwu49o1_1280.jpg (477KB, 1073x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvi71hmgiq1slwu49o1_1280.jpg
477KB, 1073x1280px
>>3096926
Think of it this way, she found something. In the short period of time that she had worked something fell into place, it worked, and she kept going.

You saw something you liked, why not borrow from it? Even if it is a little bit, you can walk away with something at the very least.
>>
>>3096694
i think so, humanity is frail
>>
>>3096694
It might not be jealousy, for me it's similar, but I feel frustrated that I can't achieve what they can to the point of quiting, which I did... for 2 years. And now i realize I might have gotten to that level if I practiced those 2 years. You never know how long it took that artist you admire to get to where they are anon. What helps is keeping a lot of your old art and labeling it by date. So next time you feel down about not being where some other artist is atm, try looking at your old artwork to see how far you've come. That artist you admire probably felt the way you do at one point, but kept going. Trust me anon, if you draw often and actually put effort into studying and understanding art, you most certainly will get there. Don't lose your drive anon, otherwise you`ll end up having your own TV show on TLC explaining to the world how noone understands your struggles and how it's different and harder for you, and how it's not a matter of ''won't'' but a matter of ''can't'', you know, like those obese people. Christ.
>>
>>3096694
yeah, that is [[spoiler]basiclly /ic/[/spoiler]
>>
>>3096694
You sound like a complete piece of shit.
>>
>>3096771
autism the post
>>
>>3096875
I'm laughing my ass off because these exact words were going through my head while reading this.
>>
>>3096694
>ywn be so petty and autistic that you're unable to enjoy someone's work out of jealousy for how much better they are than you
Feels really good, desu. I'm not gonna make it but at least I can be happy
>>
File: 1466224581893.jpg (164KB, 819x408px) Image search: [Google]
1466224581893.jpg
164KB, 819x408px
>>3096694
that's called Envy
>>
>>3096694
those faces... so cringy...
>>
>>3096823
Shia Labeouf lurks /ic/?
>>
File: 0062.jpg (468KB, 2339x1653px) Image search: [Google]
0062.jpg
468KB, 2339x1653px
>>3099134
thats envy
>>
>>3096694
That's all of /ic/. I'm surprised none of you have Chester Bennington'd up since the whole lot of you hate each other. Crawling in your skin, these wounds they will not heal....
>>
>>3099134
is this a tsugumomo?
>>
>>3096788
How old is Vetyr?
>>
File: 1502166012870.jpg (48KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
1502166012870.jpg
48KB, 500x484px
>>3096694
>he gets jealous of people who are better than him instead of taking inspiration from them and working hard to surpass them

Ngmi.
>>
>>3099958
That image is so unappealing on every level. It's honestly embarrassing to look at.
>>
>>3100003
She's 17
>>
>>3096823
I threw up a little
>>
>>3100194
>he posts "smug" anime girls without realizing he is just showing his inferior art inspirations and shit taste

Ngmi.
>>
>>3096694
no, the hard part is getting used to my pictures not turning out the way I want them to and my eyes and hands not doing what I need them to. I don't have time for envy and jealousy to slow me down.
>>
File: hellothere.gif (1MB, 195x229px) Image search: [Google]
hellothere.gif
1MB, 195x229px
>>3096823
>>
>>3096694
This has happened to me before. Exactly 3 1/2 years ago I quit drawing because of that. I was 27 -ish at the time. I was 23 years old when I first doodled.

The golden era of animation is what inspired me to improve myself. I decided to put in some serious practice as much as I can and drew as much as I can. I had a crappy retail job and it was wearing me thin. Found Tumblr and found several different artists that were really neat. I wanted to draw like them.

Got a little attention on tumblr and I inspired a guy to draw. Time went on, I tried juggling retail work and my art. Stress was getting to me. I practically lived an entire year full of stress and anguish because I was not improving. The stress from work, practice, taking commissions kept building up and I seriously had trouble coping. Did this for 4 years straight.

The guy I inspired messaged me one day, linked me to his tumblr. I was expecting shitty drawings like when he first started but, In just 1 year he surpassed me, drew more each month. Even borrowed my style.

I worked harder, missed sleep, missed eating at times. Studied more but didn't draw my own stuff. While the other guy was having fun, making friends, drawing and posting more.

That's when I realized, I couldn't keep up. I couldn't improve. I wasn't creative, not smart enough etc. I can't reach that guys level. I was disheartened and cried like a bitch when I packed up all my art books and deleted my resources from my PC. I hated myself wasting nearly 4 years of my life trying to be something I could not. I hated the guy. Without announcing anything I deleted my Tumblr and just fucking gave up.

Since I quit, I've really done nothing except go back to school to finish my Associates in Electronics. Every now and then I get yearning to draw and I suppress it.

Last week I got a new job and more free time. Since then I've picked up drawing, though I'm not as zealous as I used to be.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.