[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /ic/, do you guys do drawthreads? I would very much like

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: FernandoVicente2.jpg (54KB, 500x497px) Image search: [Google]
FernandoVicente2.jpg
54KB, 500x497px
Hey, /ic/, do you guys do drawthreads? I would very much like for someone to draw someone fictional for me. Is that possible? I'm not sure what I could give in return.
>>
>Requests for free work of any sort are forbidden.
>>
>I'm not sure what I could give in return.

How about money
>>
>>3095886
Seems like an odd rule considering non art boards do drawthreads like /b/ and /tg/. You'd think the board dedicated to art would do so as well.
>>
>>3095889
No I would not think so, I would think that a board dedicated to art would've been filled with shitty requests if not for such rule.
>>
>>3095889

It's because an artists board needs self respect for their own craft. Nobody wanna work for free.
>>
>>3095889
Maybe its because non art people don't understand the value of art
>>
>>3095889
Could you imagine the spam if this wasn't a bannable offence?
It's not odd when you consider all the posters here are artists themselves and looking to discuss art/critique.
>>
>>3095889
it's because it used to be that there were like a million threads asking for drawings. and there's also a sort of culture of 'i want to be a professional, and it's not professional to do free stuff for strangers,' although that attitude has waned quite a bit over the years.

perhaps mods will delete your thread, they should.

but just say what you want drawn and probably someone will do it for you if it's something fun.
>>
>>3095884
This is an art board with nothing but artists on it much different from /b/ I suggest you go back there if you're looking for free art
>>
Fair enough. I'm an artist myself, but not good enough for what I want. When I asked for art to be produced, I didn't mean like a genuine piece of art of a high quality, the sort you'd get from commission. I meant just a quick sketch. The sort of thing you'd see someone on /tg/ do.

By the way, it was just a picture of a woman.
>>
>>3095899
Then go ask /tg/ for fucks sake.
It already was explained to you why free art isn't a thing here. Doesn't matter if it's a genuine piece of art or a quick sketch.
People like you are the same that start a job offer with "Looking for a cheap artist..."
>>
>>3095905
Why are getting angry? I posted once, people gave me reasons for the rule and then I said "fair enough".

I wasn't saying "yeah that's cool guys BUT FUCKING DRAW MY THING FOR ME".
>>
>>3095910
What is your thing anon? Not all of us here are cunts. If it sounds cool I'd give it a shot.
>>
>>3095921
I'll probably get banned just for linking a reference image...

Also, it isn't 'cool'. It's literally just a picture of eva green mixed with various other women and some key features. It's a sort of... "ideal" type, if you will.

I should probably just fuck off and try to draw it myself. It's fine mate.
>>
>>3095923
Are you proud of yourself? After coming here and embarrassing yourself with your silly dickbrain request. Are you happy with who you are?
>>
>>3095923
no that sounds like the kind of thing people might do. you won't get banned, they never ban anyone.
>>
>>3095910
Because I had enough commissioners that tried to play down the price with an explanation you just gave earlier. Most of them didn't understand that a sketch still takes effort, skill and time.
That's why you kind of fall into this category and I had enough of people like you.
Could be that I'm getting angry for no reason or just have a shitty day but if you only had the slightest clue how the industry is ruined by people with that mindset you would be equally upset. Sorry and not sorry.
>>
>>3095899
You made the wrong kind of thread. /ic/ loves doing brainstorming sessions and creativity exercises. If you're asking for work it's completely different than doing an exercise. There's making requests, and then there's testing shit out and having a participation among artists. /ic/ is for general discussion about art, hence, they frown at requests but love things that expand the topic of discussion of art. If you want to discuss art, such as brainstorming character designs, you should start a thread, or go to a drawthread, posting your chick and asking for how to improve it. Or make an exercise out of it, by posing criteria to draw and what the best way to approach it would be. Straight up asking people to make you pretty pictures is always going to get you venom (unless you have money).
>>
>>3095931
Here. Here's some of my art.

I'm not some dumb ignorant cunt. I was just hoping someone with more skill than me would be kind enough to indulge my stupid request.

https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/006/423/157/large/taylor-hood-09041102.jpg?1498490750
>>
>>3095939
>Asking someone with more experience and skill than you to draw your vision instead of improving yourself
Pathetic
>>
I've seen people sketch on dot grid paper as well. It's distracting and takes away from the image itself. If it's your throwaway sketchbook for quick sketches and experiments I guess it works but why would you not just use a blank page.
>>
>>3095943
Such malice on an online image board. Notice how I've done nothing by apologise and be self-deprecating this entire thread.
>>
>>3095939
Your skill is sufficient enough to do your own sketches. I mean, it's JUST a sketch, shouldn't be that hard right?
>>
>>3095947
Huh? No, it's quality sketchbook paper. I paid a lot for it. I guess I should've just cropped the it out of the scan.
>>
>>3095950
What were you expecting exactly?
>>
>>3095951
Hey, we all have our vices man... I do sketches and sculpts. I haven't drawn in a while because I'm focusing on sculpture.

https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/006/334/912/large/taylor-hood-dfsf.jpg?1497817547

It's just laziness. So sorry....
>>
>>3095957
Alright. Then next time think before you post and get flamed for laziness.

Digging some of your sculpting stuff, tough.
Go sketch some women now.
>>
>>3095968
I only just realised that my damn name comes up in the URLs I posted. Damn...

Okay, okay. I suppose I'll do it myselfffff.
>>
>>3095977
Don't worry, even if your name wasn't plain to see, anyone could reverse image search and find you anyway. Welcome to the internet, there is no privacy.
>>
>>3095977

What >>3095983 said, that's how I found your other stuff.
>>
>>3095884

Fuck these fags- lll do it OP. What do you want?
>>
>>3095939
>>3095957
Did you really come here to make a request, or did you come here to shill and get your ego stroked?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.