[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been very happy with some recent progress. Here's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 28

File: IMG_20170810_020420_439.jpg (293KB, 1990x1990px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170810_020420_439.jpg
293KB, 1990x1990px
I've been very happy with some recent progress. Here's some drawings and doodles.
>>
File: IMG_20170810_002437_977.jpg (119KB, 709x709px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170810_002437_977.jpg
119KB, 709x709px
On the upswing of a battle with mental health.
>>
File: IMG_20170810_224126_805.jpg (3MB, 2988x2988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170810_224126_805.jpg
3MB, 2988x2988px
Sorry for some messy art board areas
>>
File: IMG_20170811_002821_038.jpg (131KB, 662x662px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170811_002821_038.jpg
131KB, 662x662px
>>
File: IMG_20170809_000051_164.jpg (128KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170809_000051_164.jpg
128KB, 604x604px
I need color pencil advice
>>
File: IMG314290820.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG314290820.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Random junk
>>
File: IMG_20170806_230138_021.jpg (136KB, 556x556px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170806_230138_021.jpg
136KB, 556x556px
>>
File: SeeSawFinal.png (635KB, 1500x1146px) Image search: [Google]
SeeSawFinal.png
635KB, 1500x1146px
Here's some commission work I did recently
>>
File: FinalBoat.png (2MB, 5091x3803px) Image search: [Google]
FinalBoat.png
2MB, 5091x3803px
>>
File: WalkingOffFinal.png (870KB, 1500x1085px) Image search: [Google]
WalkingOffFinal.png
870KB, 1500x1085px
>>
File: MountainFinal.png (400KB, 1500x2091px) Image search: [Google]
MountainFinal.png
400KB, 1500x2091px
>>
File: TrapFinal.png (1MB, 2740x3359px) Image search: [Google]
TrapFinal.png
1MB, 2740x3359px
>>
Be warned: people that draw the way you do usually get shit on by autists on this board. Some of these are really cool anon, if you're looking for critique the first thing that comes to mind is the perspective is pretty off on for example >>3095460 and the swing itself in >>3095463

keep at it, and good luck with the mental health shit
>>
>>3095468
perspective of the figure is fucked. guy doesn't look like he's drawing
>>
>>3095460
dat geometry

keep working on that my man.

draw shit from real life and try to see the basic forms
>>
You have good ideas, mang. Good imagination and creativity. That's a great starting point. But your 3d is off. Work on that
>>
Post your bullshit in the draw and sketch threads or kys. Stop ruining the board with your whiny blog stories.
>>
File: doc.png (973KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
doc.png
973KB, 800x600px
>>3095451
With all sincerity I'd say every single piece posted so far is bad. It's not the worst I've seen but it is pretty bad.

Here are the things that make it bad:

1. You seem to be copying cartoons, mainly CalArts styled cartoons - while not necessarily bad in itself you shouldn't be surprised if you ever feel like you can't handle subjects that don't function in that particular style.

2. Perspective: Other anons said it before me, these ones >>3095572 >>3095575 >>3095571
Work on that

3. You seem to be adding needless detains to help the fact that shapes and forms of your drawings are fundamentally flawed + you're using this particular style as an easy escape, it's not particularly hard to do but it takes time but you obviously don't have the patience for it yet and >>3095465 illustrates that, it' not finished because you realized it would take too long to finish I'm guessing. This one >>3095468 on the other hand was easy, you just scribbled until it was filled up and it didn't take that long.

That's all I could think of for now, also, don't listen to this guy >>3095549 people that draw the way you do get shit on here because of good reasons. You're taking a shortcut and it's gonna take a toll on your work later on, you could make it but then you're doing it for the wrong reasons. This place usually isn't a hugbox like tumblr or deviantart and you shouldn't expect praise for stuff you yourself know is bad.

Here's what you should do: Practice fundies but also work on your own things while doing it, just don't stop.
>>
>>3095857
Well I suppose thank you for the honesty. I have to disagree that it's 'pretty bad'? Simple maybe but I mean, It's a personal improvement at least haha. Certainly I know I have leagues and leagues to go still, but this is the first time I've really been able to take a step back and notice real improvement in my work.

As for the cartooney style, yeah. It's pretty much my main focus. My main goals in life involve cartoons, comics, really stylized drawing, etc. I realize that learning to draw actual life form is just as important in cartooning, but whenever I'm just trying to doodle I always drift toward something very cartooney. Also been specifically working on creating thick solid lines and expressive faces, which is why it turns out so cal-artsy

2. True that

3. Yes I do go a little haywire on details. It definitely stems from patience, but I also really enjoy the rough look it sometimes provides. Patience has improved greatly though so this is something I'm definitely aware of and working on.

The second to last paragraph just seems rude? Idk. "Don't listen to the guy who isn't telling you your work is terrible, because it is certainly terrible."

Yeah, I'm fully aware that I have a very long way to go but I don't think its fair to just start saying its terrible. Most of this post was really great feedback, and that paragraph just kind of hurt I guess?

I'm not going to stop soon. As I said above I've been working on lots of mental health stuff, and practicing has become so much easier, even in just the past few weeks. I plan to keep improving every day.

Thanks for your feedback anon. I suppose not enough people are truly honest.

>>3095572
>>3095571
>>3095575
Perspective X-X Any exercise suggestions?

>>3095549
Thanks anon. I was prepared for the shit haha, it's nice to be able to get real honest feed back from places like this altho some just seem unnesscicarily bitter? Anyway thanks again!

>>3095578
suck my dick, friend.
>>
>>3096056
shut up bitch
>>
>>3096056
>Perspective X-X Any exercise suggestions?
Get out of your home and draw buildings and parks and shit
>>
>>3096056
>Any exercise suggestions?
Draw things from different angles, understand object relationships (distance weight and effect (reflections and such), study other pieces of art.

Draw boxes.
>>
>>3096056
Do you think you're so good that you deserve your own thread? Is your head that far up your own ass?
>>
>>3095451
If you're happy about your work and want to keep it that way, you better keep it to yourself.
>>
>>3096120
lol oh yeah, having your own thread on a 4chan image board. S O E X C L U S I V E. I might as well be picaso.

>>3096134
Lol no that's fine, I prefer sharing it. No one will bother me.

>>3096106
I was thinking about object relation stuff the other day. Tried drawing a few, it's strange how hard it is to make something appear to be further back. I'll keep at it though.
>>
>>3096263
No wonder you're so shitty. You must be retarded.
>>
>>3096266
I'm unsure what you're referencing exactly, but good work participating in this discussion!
>>
>>3096266
^ 100%

>>3096263
>says hes not bothered

>>3096056
>obviously bothered by an anon calling his drawing pretty bad

retarded or a bigot, what do you prefer, OP?
>>
>>3096283
I don't understand you guys, why are you all being so violent? I don't give a shit if anyone doesn't or does like my work lol. I just wanted to share it, I care fuck all what people say. The only reason I said something earlier was because it seemed like an oddly directly attacking comment. It's not going to change how I feel about my art, its not going to make me want to quit or whatever. Just seemed like a dumb comment on an other wise good post.

The superiority complex here is very pungent. The super intense hatred for amateurs is just confusing and strange. Like, freaking out over someone posting their own thread? wtf? How petty is that? Is that not what image forums are for? Posting images?

I made my own just to have one neat little thread with everything in it. If no one was interested in it it would have died and gone away. But nope, everyone gets all hot and bothered and does everything they can to for some reason make me feel bad about trying to get better at art?

So backwards. Such an embarrassing website.
>>
>>3096289
>>3096289
No one gives a shit about your crappy art man go post it in the appropriate thread instead of attention whoring.
>>
>>3096295
Make me? I got plenty of good feed back here. If you don't like it, don't reply again. Then the post will fall off the board. Pretty simple logic really.

Or tell me again that you really really really don't care about my art, I like being on the front page.
>>
>>3096289
>posts on Artwork/CRITIQUE
>is surprised people are criticizing his work

You seem to have misunderstood the purpose of our fair board. Go back to tumblr, maybe there you'll find what you're looking for.
>>
>>3096333
Where did I imply I was surprised/unhappy with the critique? Anyone who has provided any real critique I have appreciated. Just because I try to explain myself doesn't make the critique less valid, I see a lot of what I need to improve from some of the replies here.

Although last I checked, "KYS" and "You must be retarded" aren't really critiques. Not very good ones anyway. A critique can be harshly honest and still avoid being toxic like many of the replies here.

What more surprised me was that apparently making a post here is only reserved for the most elite of artists? Which makes no sense at all, there are no rules whatsoever about not posting your own threads. IMO It would have been more annoying to dump a bunch into an already active thread, but I guess that's just me.
>>
File: IMG_1014.jpg (66KB, 425x529px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1014.jpg
66KB, 425x529px
>>3096358
You are a giant whiny faggot.
Everyone here is mocking you because you are lowering the quality of the board by not observing our community standard code of conduct by using appropriate threads. Instead, you slap all of the regular users in the cace by creating your own thread out of your egotistical need for approval. Remember, down the lane notacross the street.
>>
>>3096387
Lowering the quality? Of this shit hole? That's quite a feat if you ask me.

Please show me the rule that says you don't post your own threads. Please anon I'm begging you, show me the rule. Or report it? If it's against the community why hasnt it been deleted?

I just don't understand why it offends everyone so much that I'm not great art. It makes no damn sense. I'm just sharing my work. I'm personally happy with progress I made, so I'm sharing it. If no one liked it this post could have just been ignored. I wasnt going to bump it or anything.

It's not like I'm clamoring for attention from you greasy losers anyway, this is literally bottom of the barrel of places I could post, so trust me it's no skin off my back not having a thread here. I seek no approval or anything like that, just posting art on an art board.

'slap users in the face' lol, sensitive bunch.
>>
>>3096387
What does everyone here think I was expecting? Eternal praise? Waves of commissions? I didn't even think about this post any further than just dropping my images here. I expected maybe a few "oh ya, that's not great but it's not bad" or maybe a "damn your perspective sucks" or "your line work is really bad" and I would have been like "haha ya. I'm working on it" and then the thread would have died and I wouldn't think about it again.

But nope, 4chans not having any of that. Because I even posted my art anywhere must mean that I am just a huge attention whore, and my single post has literally filled this entire forum with spam, right?

And everyone accuses me of having my head up my ass while they all act like their opinion of my work is just hugely important and I should give up forever because I didn't win the hearts of a bunch of sweaty teenagers.
>>
File: powwow.jpg (6KB, 296x170px) Image search: [Google]
powwow.jpg
6KB, 296x170px
>>3096420
Triggered
>>
>>3096415
>>3096420
Don't come back retard.
>>
File: popweer.jpg (41KB, 296x170px) Image search: [Google]
popweer.jpg
41KB, 296x170px
>>3096425
another creative response
right back at you anon
>>
>>3096428
I actually cant wait to do more shitty art just to post it here and listen to everyone tell me how my post should go away while doing everything in their power to make sure it doesn't go away.
>>
>>3096415

Man, listen to me.People said you were bad and tried to help you and you went passive aggresive.They we re not even that harsh on you.Post your art on pol and see how they will treat you.That s why they hate you cause you can t acknowledge the fact that you are waay below the standard.Also the people who draw cartoons and comics like the people who made adventure time are fucking talented and can draw complex realistic shit, doodling is just how they earn their bread.To break the rules you must master them first.
>>
>>3096446
But where the hell are you saying I went passive aggressive? There was only like 4 posts at the beginning of this thread that provided any real critique, and I accepted and thanked them for that. Nothing else has been about that. I've said time and again that my art isn't good. I know it isn't, I literally haven't even been practicing for a year.

BUT in the past month or so I HAVE vastly improved a ton, personally. I don't know why everyone is acting like I'm getting all high and mighty with my art. Because I posted it here it must mean that I am just super full of myself but that's really not the case. I posted these to several forums I go on all at once just seeking discussion, critique, views idk anything. How everyone made the jump that I'm begging for praise is completely beyond me.

No one else has said anything productive. Just the same stupid shit everyone here spews. Name calling, telling me to kill myself, just plain telling me I'm horrible. None of that is helpful at all and calling it horrible while I guess counts as a critique it's just kind of pointless to say, right? I'm so obviously a beginner.

Again I say if I actually broke a rule by posting my own thread than please share that rule, report me, whatever you need to do but I didn't see anything about it.

I cant express enough how much I am not bothered by critique. I love being criticized and I dislike all my regular share spots because they do turn into just hugbox type things. I certainly expected harsher critique here but just telling someone their art is shit and telling them to kill themselves is just stupid.

The irony and hypocritical nature of all of these posts is just outstanding. Everyone made it out like I was a huge airhead begging for likes yet pretend like I should take their opinions with no question whatsoever, and go straight to name calling when I said anything. And telling me i'm "slapping everyone in the face" by posting my own thread? Really?
>>
>>3096455
Christ you are such a fucking faggot. No wonder you draw so badly.
>>
>>3096461
I don't think that makes much sense, lol. What of that would imply Im bad at art? The fact that I regularly post my work to forums for critique? The fact that I've been practicing more than usual? The fact that I am aware that I have a long way to go? Is it one of those things that make me a faggot, or something else stupid and nonsensical.

You're all very creative with the insults too.
>>
Wow, both your art and attitude are total dogshit, that's quite the feat OP

If you hate this place so much and it's so awful, why the fuck are you posting? No one wants you here
>>
>>3096470
Well duh, I had to post here before realizing how terrible it was dumb ass, how else do you think that would work?

I'd really like to know why my attitude was bad. I was perfectly content at the beginning of this thread, before you all went full idiot and tried to tell me I shouldnt post art to an art forum lol
>>
File: dwarf.jpg (85KB, 783x960px) Image search: [Google]
dwarf.jpg
85KB, 783x960px
You know what, you're all so hot and bothered by my bad art, I'm going to post more! Stand by!
>>
File: guache.jpg (75KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
guache.jpg
75KB, 1080x1350px
Anyone here good with gouache? Probably not. Apparently this is an art forum, not an art forum. Forget I asked.
>>
File: Critter.jpg (33KB, 715x715px) Image search: [Google]
Critter.jpg
33KB, 715x715px
can someone please verify with me that this one is really really bad? I wasn't sure so I thought I'd post it to a critique forum to figure it out.
>>
>>3096473
>I had to post here before realizing how terrible it was

So you're admitting to being some newfag who didn't even bother to lurk before posting
No wonder you're getting so pissy at people telling you that your shit art is shit art lmfao
NGMI
>>
File: bush2.jpg (36KB, 861x861px) Image search: [Google]
bush2.jpg
36KB, 861x861px
Some misc water colors.
>>
>>3096478
I mean I've browsed around before, I looked around before posting and checked the rules for what was allowed. But yes I guess I am, technically new to this forum. You got me there.

Again, not getting pissy at all lol. Everyone is just acting like i'm getting pissy so it might seem that way to stupid people.
>>
File: tree.jpg (76KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tree.jpg
76KB, 1080x1080px
if you want more art, please call me a faggot

jk im just gonna go ahead and post more because someone is definitely going to call me a faggot.
>>
>>3096481
You're definitely being a pissbaby but keep protesting if you want.
>>
File: whale.jpg (40KB, 659x659px) Image search: [Google]
whale.jpg
40KB, 659x659px
>>
>>3096485
How so? You guys say a lot of stuff without really explaining why.

I wouldn't at all have been bothered by critique or being told my art was bad. Everyone going full autistic on me and screeching at the site of me not hating myself is just too entertaining.
>>
File: bush1.jpg (48KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bush1.jpg
48KB, 1080x1080px
>>
File: pear.jpg (39KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pear.jpg
39KB, 1080x1080px
and to think, if only so many people didn't have a compulsive urge to post in my thread that they dont want to be in my thread it would be dead by now. You silly boys.
>>
>>3096491
I've never seen someone so totally delusional. Man I hope you're trolling.
>>
File: flower.jpg (52KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
flower.jpg
52KB, 1080x1080px
and desu you'd think for normal people, this wouldn't even really bother anyone. I mean, just someone spamming their own thread? With art? In an art forum? Who cares? why would anyone care about that?

4chan though, they lose their minds. They go absolutely berserk that someone has the nerves to post their own art in their own art thread in an art forum. Like literal foaming at the mouth rage.

And I'm apparently the unreasonable one here.
>>
>>3096492
This is really cute
>>
>>3096496
Delusional in what context? Surely you don't mean my opinion on my art lol. Perhaps you mean the whole 'piss baby' thing? Which I guess laughing at someone when they tell you to kill yourself for posting your own art in your own art thread in an art forum is being a piss baby now. I have so much to learn.
>>
>>3096481
You clearly didn't lurk enough if you didn't know the board etiquette as another anon pointed out. We have generals for a reason, and people abide by it so that the board isn't flooded by threads like these over and over. It's considered rude to make your own thread for this reason, and you're getting angry when you were the one who didn't take the time to lurk and observe the guidelines of this community.

The fact you also didn't know that critique is harsh here leads me to believe you spent very little time here period. This is first and foremost a critique board, not an art promotion board. It's made up of fellow artists trying to improve, not dA kiddies looking to share their art to some normie audience. We don't care about praise, we focus on what we are doing wrong so we can get better, and that's the foundation of how this community works. There is a reason this board is seen as one of the best art resources online, it's harsh sometimes but it's honest and effective.
You seem very sensitive to anything that doesn't include praise so I think this community is not one you are well suited to.
>>
File: avacado.jpg (96KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
avacado.jpg
96KB, 1080x1080px
>>
>>3096502
again, for the dozenth time, where is this listed? Is this just an unspoken rule? Because that's fucking stupid and makes no sense. More art posts in an art forum? Gasp, the horror.

I also fully expected harsh critique, I actually hoped for it. But again just telling someone to kill themselves isnt critique. I said above that I dont post in DA or Tumblr or anything like that because I also don't like my work being coddled, and prefer good critique. Which was provided above which I appreciated.

I have literally not said anything to anyone giving real critique. Time and time again I am just pointing out that everyone is putting words in my mouth. I was not at all expecting praise, I really don't give a shit about that. I wasn't even directly seeking critique although its welcome. I was just posting it. If someone said something fine if not, fine. Whatever I have other forums to post too anyway.

I wasn't 'promoting' anything. Do you see any links or anything? I could understand being bothered if I plugged a shop or something but I was literally just excited to show off my random doodles for the past week.

It's escalated so much because people keep accusing me of things I am not meaning at all and acting like im freaking out at anyone saying anything negative and I haven't at all. I've only said that I think simply saying "this sucks" and providing no other context is fucking stupid and a waste of time.
>>
File: bird.jpg (30KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
bird.jpg
30KB, 720x720px
>>
>>3096517
Well there's nothing to critique you're just garbage and maybe if so many people are telling you to kill yourself you should.
>>
File: guy.jpg (9KB, 206x250px) Image search: [Google]
guy.jpg
9KB, 206x250px
Alright and thats it for now! Great work everyone, you really taught me a lesson by repeatedly calling me retarded. I have improved because of that and you all probably feel way better about your miserable lives.

Hey maybe if you keep it up Ill start posting my digital stuff too! I bet someone would call me a faggot if I posted that! Wouldn't that just be hilarious haha you guys are so funny
>>
>>3096522
oh man your so good at constructing a productive sentence wow there was so much good content in that post wow is this forum always that smart wow

what if i called you garbage, would that somehow help in someway?
>>
>>3096523
>>3096527
Fuck off back to r/Art
>>
>>3096517
Again, it's called lurking. Read threads, get a feel for the community and posters. You would have known all of this had you bothered to lurk for a while.

>I also don't like my work being coddled, and prefer good critique.
You say this and yet you're getting riled up because of harsh comments. Why the fuck do you even care? Is critique not what you're seeking? Just focus on that.
And again, any harsh comments are 100% your own fault for rushing here to make a thread instead of abiding by board etiquette.

>I wasn't 'promoting' anything.
That is what an isolated thread implies here. All posts should be contained to their respective threads, that's what every other user here does. It's why someone above asked "what makes you think you're so special you deserve your own thread"?
It's considered rude and selfish to create your own thread instead of sticking to a containment thread. It comes across that you want attention and want to show off. Again, this all could have been avoided had you bothered to lurk.

>It's escalated so much because people keep accusing me of things I am not meaning at all
Because you didn't lurk!!!!! Stop putting the blame on everyone else and accept the fact you fucked up. You could have prevented all of this by knowing to post to a general.

>acting like im freaking out at anyone saying anything negative and I haven't at all
You're arguing and going off topic while saying shit like LOL IM POSTING MY ART FUCK YOU ALL YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING - how is that not freaking out?
Just focus on the critique like everyone else here does.
>>
>>3096517
>trying to arguing with delusional salty weebs
let me tell you something about this place kid, NO ONE HERE DRAWS except for the beginner thread and maybe the one about ,,style,, everyone come here to argue for the sake of arguing
so stop taking the bait and draw something
stop wasting time and do something productive kid,ok?
>>
For the first half of this thread I thought it was a weak bait thread made humorously, and then you fucks "fell for it" and I realized this was done seriously. Goddamn.
>>
>>3096540
It isn't a rule tho, so fuck you? I will continue to post as I please, if you don't like it, don't look at it. It's seriously the simplest thing.

Nope, didn't get riled up over a single negative comment. I got riled up by people pointless spouting retarded and kys. I got riled up by your idiotic 'rules' that no one can really seem to find. But didn't say anything about people just providing critique

>don't promote
>just fill up the rest of the forum
>don't even think about posting everything in one single clean spot so if anyone wants to avoid it they easily can
>seriously don't you dare promote your work, just post it all over this forum so everyone in other threads sees it

Lmao, posting an art thread in an art forum is 'messing up' and grounds for an entire forum to lose their. What a world. You guys are soo sensitive
>>
>>3096563
stop taking the bait son
>>
>>3096542
I don't have too much better to do though. Sitting at work with nothing to work on. I do have an illustrator doodle going though.

I just keep expecting this to die, haha.
>>
>>3096569
ugh I guess you're right
>>
>>3096563
>It isn't a rule tho, so fuck you?
It's part of our community guidelines. Why are you telling me to fuck off, I'm taking the time to explain how shit works here and spoonfeeding the baby because he was too lazy and stupid to figure this out on his own.

>I will continue to post as I please
And you will continue to attract negative attention with your bad attitude

>if you don't like it, don't look at it.
That's literally not how things work here. People will continue dropping in with "kys" comments because you are lowering the quality of the board.

You are the pissiest baby this board has had in a while. You are getting so defensive and worked up over some comments and can't see the overall value in critiques.
Enjoy flipping burgers the rest of your life, you're never going to make it.

>>3096572
You realise that commenter is a troll, right? lol
>>
>>3096578
And again I ask you to share those community guide lines, because I can't find them.

And I guess I will, oh well! It certainly seems like everyone else gets way more bothered than me, and I get eyes and a little bit of real critique. I win here lol.

Lowering the quality of a website where a considerable chunk of all words used are 'faggot' 'retard' and 'kill yourself' so I don't feel too bad about that.

And I'm already doing pretty well, don't worry about that.
>>
>>3096474
>>3096475
>>3096477
>>3096479
>>3096483
>>3096486
>>3096492
>>3096495
>>3096498
>>3096505
>>3096521
>>3096523

These are actually better than the ones you posted first
>>
>>3096588
Eh, water color is easier I think. I'm so bad with keeping my hands steady so any freehand drawings are really difficult for me. They are also all really simpler so, harder to mess up.

Thanks though! I miss painting, It's been awhile.
>>
>>3096455
Dude fuck's sake don't be so sensitive.
>>
>>3096475
Are you familiar with symbol drawing?
>>
>>3096603
Hm, i'm not sure. What do you mean?
>>
>>3096608
Of course you don't know you absolute retard.
>>
>>3096608
I thought so. It means you are drawing symbols of facial features, instead of what they actually look like. There are some good art books for beginners that cover this, they're in the sticky I think, you'd do well to check them out.
>>
>>3096616
Oh! Yes! I see that makes a ton of sense. I feel like I've been aware of this but wasn't sure how to word it exactly. I never felt like features were a 'part' of the face, just kind of floating there. Thanks a lot I will definitely look into and work on that.
>>
>>3096622
No you won't.
>>
> 80 replies

To the guys who are mad: you've been bumping OP thread to 1st page for 15 hours straight. Consider Hiding his thread instead of telling him to an Hero.

OP, you may have a better luck posting this stuff in /i/, which is the actual board for sharing our art with other people. If you are searching to improve on a particular subject or to better a particular piece, we've a /beg/inner thread here:
>>3094763
and a Questions&Answers here:
>>3080317
As a matter of fact, the people who like to help tend to go to those Generals rather than clicking random threads (especially as no sane man likes to browse through 40 posts of insults - I certainly didn't enjoy any of it).

>>3095455
Try your hand at Watercolor Pencils, you may obtain better looking results for that kind of simple drawing. Also it will let you make a color in the background easily, without leaving blank spaces like you did in your gouache example.
>>
>>3096657
I'm liking /i/ I've always been nervous to participate in draw threads, I should start though.

I'll head over to the beginner thread. I definitely saw it, I honestly just figured it'd be better to spam my own thread instead of posting my crap in another place. But I see the usefulness for it. Thanks for those links.

Ah yes, I was looking at some of those earlier this week. It does seem like a great option for the style I've been looking for. Was gonna head out to an art store this weekend, may get some.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.