[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm afraid to show my portfolio to my art school because

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (37KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
37KB, 1920x1080px
I'm afraid to show my portfolio to my art school because It may be rejected like hitler because is filled with realism and anime pieces, like most of this board.

So, what non realistic styles should I learn and how do I learn them?
>>
>>3094751
You should get rejected and become the new Hitler, it has been far too long.
>>
File: 1474468803514.jpg (73KB, 749x749px) Image search: [Google]
1474468803514.jpg
73KB, 749x749px
>>3094751
>going to art school with anime in your portfolio
>>
>>3094751
don't worry, art schools won't turn your money away no matter how shit you are
>>
>>3094799
Failure from the start.
>>
>>3094751
I've got some ideas:

>style inspired by old persian art
>style inspired by bad photography
>style inspired by paleolithic venus figurines
>style inspired by sonic fanart
>style inspired by /ic/ memes
>>
if you get rejected, tell them they are ngmi.
>>
>>3094786
We miss him....
>>
Step 1
Make a Twitter

Step 2
Complain about Trump and push social justice and far left liberalism non stop

That's all. Do this and you'll be a shoe in for a cushy job in the art and design industry.
Be anything right of hysterical far left and you are fucked.
>>
>>3094751
>art school
>anime drawings

Could at least show us your work?
>>
>>3094751
I am a tour guide for the Admissions office at a top-10 US art school. My bosses are literally some of the nicest, most un-vitriolic and personable people I have had the pleasure to work with/under. But on weeks when portfolio reviews take up most of their schedules, they ALWAYS end up venting about the stream of shitty anime drawings they have to review.
I can confidently say that 5% of the kids going into reviews and have anime in their portfolio, and 90% of those kids are straight rejected or are asked to come back with a revised portfolio.

And if by realism you mean observational drawing, then that is a significant requirement in submitted portfolios for prospective art students, almost without exception.

If Anons have any questions about getting into Art Academia it would be my pleasure
>>
>>3094751
Give it a try and it's not the end of the world if you fail, just go into politic or something like that if you don't make it
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.