[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>growing trend of people shitting on the right habits and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1458438459764.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1458438459764.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
>growing trend of people shitting on the right habits and techniques, while recommending the wrong ones to trip beginners up
>people actually decent get put down
>most of the positivity is fake and directed sarcastically
what the fuck is going on? why are you people purposely shitting this place up even more?
>>
>>3094041
I know, right? I can't believe 4chan has a sarcastic, degrading art board.
>>
Just trying to lower the competition senpai
>>
If you didn't quit yet near the end of summer, you will now.
>>
>>3094115
people like you deserve the noose
>>
>>3094115
Please don't
>>
This place is not a good community but it is good for resources and book downloads.
The problem is many beginners who just started out less than a year ago think they know it all because they know the theory. So they put down others because it is easier to talk shit then give normal feedback because you want the artist to improve. Not to feel better about yourself.
>>
>>3094448
>This place is not a good community but it is good for resources and book downloads
You basically just described 4chan but I'll give you a hint, although some of the material is self upload you'll find more on private trackers (although /ptg/ is a terrible place) like cgpeers and its forum cgpersia although both these sites are currently closed and impossible to get into. A lot of the stuff I upload here were taken from there.

In general, 4chan gets access to a whole bunch of stuff that no one else gets access to because a lot of people are willing to buy and upload stuff for their niches/threads and there is no DMCA to stop them.

On the other hand, it is up to you to sift the chaff from the legitimate advice.
>>
>>3094451
*also libgen
>>
>>3094056
this anon.
It's not just here.it's everywhere.Forums,fb,da etc.
the Loomis meme might actually be accurate.Follow his teachings and maybe the ones of a few other masters.
I personally made the mistake to drop out of highschool because I was influenced by a few artists who encouraged it in a way.just an example.
>>
>>3094041
>why are you people purposely shitting this place up even more?
They do this because they think it'll lower the competition, when all it's going to do is make mediocre artist who will work for lower wages because they are aware of their shitty level but who still want to work in art
And also because they're a bunch of teenager who heard about 4chan being a bunch a edgy bitter piece of shit on CNN and don't understand that the point of anonymity is being able to be honest and direct, not being bitter and tricking free of charges
>>
we all know that /fit/ is intelectually superior in terms of mindset
you just have to git gud then never come here again
>>
Crabs in bucket, etc.
>>
>>3094041
No one even cares to shit on my work, just after I became slightly more proficient people started ignoring me so I'm not even sure if I'm doing the right thing. Is /ic/ really the best there is?
>>
>>3094041
It's fun.
>>
>>3094490
Here in /ic/, there's this point where artist get good enough to be ignored, not good enough to get a lot of hate or praise, not shit enough to where even /beg/ teir people can point out your faults. Just keep what you're doing, m8. You're obviously doing something right if you're progressing. Just keep trying to find the faults in your art and improving them.
>>
>>3094490
If you post it I'll critique it, but yes, it's a sign.
>>
>>3094490
It's a sign, yes.

It's either one of these or both
1) anons don't care about your subject to respond / it's boring
2) you're good enough to not get shit on but not good enough to be praised for it / asked for blog
>>
>>3094490
This is where I'm at too and I feel like I shouldn't even bother posting in or checking drawthreads anymore. Everyone critiques the beg tier stuff because it's easy, but because of ic's impossibly high standards very few things get praise. My conclusion is that these people are too narcissistic to hurt their ego and acknowledge anyone close to their skill level or slightly above, but if they are clearly below or far higher than them they don't feel threatened.
>>
File: ic gets critique.gif (2MB, 310x175px) Image search: [Google]
ic gets critique.gif
2MB, 310x175px
>>3094115
pretty much this desu senpai, the world needs less sakimi/kron clones
>>
>>3094781
this, I don't even share books or tutorials anymore. fuck the people here
>>
>>3094770
>too narcissistic to hurt their ego and acknowledge anyone close to their skill level or slightly above, but if they are clearly below or far higher than them they don't feel threatened.
spot on
>>
>>3094041
loomis is still getting memed and it's unironically the best starting point if you're an absolute beginner

I've noticed /ic/ has generally become more positive and encouraging lately, I'm assuming it's more because the shitposters stopped bothering or just killed themselves
>>
>>3096794
>loomis is still getting memed and it's unironically the best starting point if you're an absolute beginner
>I've noticed /ic/ has generally become more positive and encouraging lately, I'm assuming it's more because the shitposters stopped bothering or just killed themselves
devilish
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.