[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is IQ a factor in art improvement? Could you improve faster and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: 1497876853037.png (520KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
1497876853037.png
520KB, 620x465px
Is IQ a factor in art improvement? Could you improve faster and more efficiently with a high IQ?
>>
>>3093261
Yes. IQlets will never make it.
>>
>>3093261
They often say here, that you must study smart instead of mindless grinding.
So probably yes.
>>
yes but only really visio-spatial iq. it's the reason why asians are better at art on average
>>
>>3093261
it matters as much as the time put in and how much you actually want to improve. if you're smart but only care about making money through art you'd just find a way to manipulate people in to buying traced photocopies or something.
>>
>>3093261
A smarter artist improves faster in general...
(concepts you need to understand like perspective,geometry, and so on)
>>
>>3093287
wut?

They are not.
>>
Depends if it is autist IQ or regular IQ.
>>
>>3093261

Probably, so what?

You're going to give up now?

No matter what you do, you will never have the ideal conditions you want.
Just pick a goal and work towards it, it doesnt matter if there are people who are learning more efficient than you.
You don't have to be the best, you can still excel at your craft if you put in enough effort.
>>
File: Canine (41).png (646KB, 1200x873px) Image search: [Google]
Canine (41).png
646KB, 1200x873px
>>3093465
as much as I don't like eastern culture and weaboos as you, yes they are.

We have to grind harder than these turbo autists
>>
>>3093287

>visio-spatial iq

that's not the east azn forte
>>
Probably, since the acquisition of skill somewhat depends on intelligence.

However as Peterson himself has said, Intelligence is the number one determinant of success, Industriousness is the second. So if you lack the first, you can still make up for it with the second to a degree.
>>
>>3093261

Yes and yes but tell me why a thread needed to die for that question. You could've used one of the many threads on talent to ask it, or even (Betty Edwards forbids) the Questions&Answers General thread.
>>
File: 1497952972979.gif (3MB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497952972979.gif
3MB, 480x480px
>>3093261
>Some autistic kids/people are savants at fine arts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsJbApZ5GF0
>>
>>3093261
> People still fall for the IQ meme
It's just a measure of how well you know the material compared to people in your age group, not how much of a genius you are.
>>
>>3093618
He may have a photographic memory, but his line control is pretty shit
>>
>>3093641
Say that to Picasso. OR Van Goghs style. segmented. I'd say he has flow.
>>
>>3093625
>doesn't know what an iq test tests for
brainlet detected
>>
>>3093506
>>3093287
No they are better because they teach art as a serious craft, unlike most other places in the world. And they don't charge a ridiculous amount for it either, they have aforordable trade schools even just to get you to a high enough level to be ready for a university
>>
>>3093695
> brainlet detected
Saw a mirror by any chance? It's not another person, you know.
>>
I would say intelligence plays a huge role in anything. You could apply that to any interests or hobbies. But it's nowhere near as important as true passion.

I've been floating around here only recently but I see a lot of you on ic are approaching art and drawing with a mindset of it being like P90x or something like that. Grinding towards recognition. If you feel compelled to create art then being gifted or a genius, while no doubt would be nice, shouldn't be taken as an either/or scenario. If you enjoy it, making art and the satisfaction of growing and improving over time, then who cares about destiny or genetics?
>>
>>3093618
His lines are shit despite him probably having a lot of mileage.
>>
>>3093261
No it is not. Just hard work, luck and a little bit of talent.
sauce: all the dumb people who are pro artists.
>>
>>3093972
>all the dumb people who are pro artists.

You mean shitty artists who know how to market themselves?
>>
>>3093287
Asians cant judge space tho. have you seen how they drive?
>>
>>3093261
these memes are getting out of hand. i had no idea 4chan had grabbed onto this guy as i was away for a few months.
>>
>>3093261
absolutely. IQ will show how much you improve at literally anything. don't worry about it man as long as you're above 100 IQ you should improve with good ol deliberate practice.
>>
>>3093986
yes, he was secretly being as cynical and bitter as you, good work ton petite fruit amère
>>
>>3093794
>they are better because they teach art as a serious craft
Not really though, they're just naturally better at drawing. Pixiv might have some shit drawings, but pixiv's worst is nowhere as horrendous as the worst Deviantart has to offer. Statistically, pixiv's quality is better as well.

And don't confuse drawings with art, art has more substance than just visual illustration on canvas.

>>3093641
>>3093968
(((wh*te))) "bois" btfo

>>3093986
You need some brains to market your shit art. Warhol might be an idiot who was too stupid to market his art, but his visual composition was mesmerizing.
>>
>>3093990
There's a reason why they're so obsessed with 2D girls. It's their home.
>>
>>3093261
Rubens, Leonardo and Michelangelo were definitely in the very high IQ range. I think it's safe to say that if you measured every great artist (with technical ability) you would get an average IQ that is much higher than the overall average. My theory is that today's great minds are pushed towards STEM (maybe rightly so) or end up starting businesses which makes it a little harder to catch up to the old masters.
>>
>>3093261
i don't think it's exactly "iq" there is some kind of creative thinking equivalent to iq that involves abstract problem solving. the new art- requires-high-IQ meme is pure neckbeardism, wanting art to be taken "seriously" like STEM.
>>
>>3094001
Pixiv is way better because bad artists delete their account all the time to stop shamefuru disupray
>>
>>3093618
Is KJG autistic?
>>
>>3096983
No. Don't be abzurd. He's high in traits openness and conscientiousness, roughly speaking.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.