/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You don't need to master perspectives to make a beautiful

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 11

File: kay nielsen 12dancing.jpg (255KB, 600x693px) Image search: [Google]
kay nielsen 12dancing.jpg
255KB, 600x693px
You don't need to master perspectives to make a beautiful drawing.
>>
File: PF097 copy.jpg (1MB, 1500x1269px) Image search: [Google]
PF097 copy.jpg
1MB, 1500x1269px
>>3092948
You don't need to master it, no, but it certainly helps especially if you want to have any depth in your image or do naturalistic work.
>>
File: theotokosofiveron.jpg (112KB, 483x640px) Image search: [Google]
theotokosofiveron.jpg
112KB, 483x640px
>>3092960
I still think Nielsen's painting is a lot prettier than that crap. Yeah, it certainly does help at certain times, but motives of shapes and colors are what really uplifts visual art.
>>
>>3092963
Guess there is no cure for shit taste. Let's hope you're just trying to be contrarian and edgy and don't actually believe this.
>>
File: harry clarke window.jpg (211KB, 800x712px) Image search: [Google]
harry clarke window.jpg
211KB, 800x712px
>>3092979
Lazy bait. tone > realism
>>
File: I1IXL3UYkCk5MUiPs8Iqsq4yieo.jpg (268KB, 800x1169px) Image search: [Google]
I1IXL3UYkCk5MUiPs8Iqsq4yieo.jpg
268KB, 800x1169px
>>3092948
but it helps.
>>
>>3092991
Knowledgeable enough to know what you're doing > Being an idiot encouraging terrible practices just because an artist decided to break the rules

Fuck off, retard.
>>
>>3092948
is funny because if you had any art education you' d know that there is perspective in that picture, and that there are more perspectives in the world than linear perspective
>>
File: no perspective here you guys.png (519KB, 313x712px) Image search: [Google]
no perspective here you guys.png
519KB, 313x712px
>>3092991
>>
File: Giorgione_019.jpg (458KB, 1200x1332px) Image search: [Google]
Giorgione_019.jpg
458KB, 1200x1332px
>>3092995
It helps when you want to evoke a feeling of being there, like starring at a mirror, but as a matter of expression, colors and patterns are still the most important matter. I'm not saying that one is better than another, but they function differently.

And your pic isn't the best example, background scenery is barely visible. Giorgione didn't really master perspectives, but it's utilization in The Tempest is effective.

>>3093005
>>3093009
I said mastery of it, not complete lack of it.

>>3092999
What's your point? I never said that this artistic choice is absolute.
>>
>>3093005
he said you don't need to master and you definitely don't need to in order to do this preschool friendly perspective.
>>
should go without saying
>>
File: large hadron collider.jpg (156KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
large hadron collider.jpg
156KB, 736x552px
>>3092948
Yeah, like most if not all things in art, it's a matter of taste. I personally love works that use distorted perspective and create an unusual surreal or disorienting experience while looking at it, like Anamorphosis stuff, KJG, and M.C. Escher; or drawings/paintings where details, scale and atmosphere is used to emphasis depth like pic related vs the more simplistic, shallow paintings like >>3092963 and >>3092991.
To each his own.
>>
>>3092963
But anon, don't you know that holy icons use the most complex mystical reverse perspective of all?
>>
>>3093121
W-W-What the fuck is reverse perspective?
>>
File: trinity_icon.jpg (691KB, 679x821px) Image search: [Google]
trinity_icon.jpg
691KB, 679x821px
>>3093121
Not that iconography in particular though, that's just a simple perspective.

>>3093126
The further the objects are, the bigger they are. It's most famous usage is in Andrei Rublev's Trinity. Just observe how weird the table, chairs, and the buidling in the background look.
>>
>>3093115
It's an awe inducing spectacle for sure, but this appealing spectacle is just limited to entertainment. Art needs a spiritual appeal beyond the rudimentary appeal. Nowadays, CGI does it better anyway.
>>
>>3093132
This mkaes no sense at all and I dont see what you mean
The table isnt far away, its closest, and the building is relatively small, as befits a building in the background
Are you just making this up?
>>
>>3093149
Try drawing perspective lines on the chairs. It's a one point perspective towards you, and it gets smaller. And the building isn't supposed to be bigger than you since it stands behind the middle angel, but the front part of the building is bigger than the rear because the front part faces towards the angels. Every object near the angels are bigger than the ones further away from them.
>>
File: going-round-the-art-institu_2.jpg (780KB, 1800x699px) Image search: [Google]
going-round-the-art-institu_2.jpg
780KB, 1800x699px
>>3093132
Huh....I'm already a retard at perspective as it is, but it looks like it would be an interesting technique to try out. Just a mix of really tight 2-point perspective, and 1-point perspective.
>>
>>3093165
it's more than just fun and games, there's a really deep symbolic meaning behind it. The meaning is still a currently debated, but my own interpretation is you are small before God, but God always faces you.
>>
File: Ch_5772.jpg (56KB, 500x493px) Image search: [Google]
Ch_5772.jpg
56KB, 500x493px
>>3093174
>>3093144
Christ-chan? Is that you?
>>
>>3093174
There's no "deep symbolic meaning there", they just didn't understand perspective. If this was a concious decision to take standard perspective and revert it, we'd see at least some examples of using or studying, or just acknowledging standard perspective, maybe not in iconography, anywhere. But we don't, perspective was not understood before the Renaissance, and this "reverse perspective" is just an incorrect perspective. The building is clearly meant to be large, but it looks small because it's far away, these obvious things people did understand. But the geometric rules of linear perspective were unknown. It is very common for kids and some people unfamiliar with perspective to draw in this "reverse perspective", it's just what people tend to do when they can't understand how it really should be.
>>
>>3093300
>perspective was not understood before the Renaissance
I must add that there are a few examples of using linear perspective in ancient Roman art, but it's never consistent, and the same wall painting may use correct perspective in one objest and incorrect in another, and all objects usually have their own perspective, their own viewpoints, horizons etc.
>>
>>3093156
Well its an interesting concept but I still dont see what you mean.
>And the building isn't supposed to be bigger than you since it stands behind the middle angel
no its behind the one on the left. and its not bigger than "you"?

>Every object near the angels are bigger than the ones further away from them.
yes this is how vanishing points and perspective works
>>
>>3093300
>>3093314
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_perspective
>>
>>3093300
>>3093314
>>3093723
Just read this buddy.
http://experimentaltheology.blogspot.co.id/2008/07/notes-on-theology-of-icons-part-4.html
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.