[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>draw 8 hours a day >little to no improvement JUST DRAW

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 8

File: 1502160203016.png (41KB, 400x416px) Image search: [Google]
1502160203016.png
41KB, 400x416px
>draw 8 hours a day
>little to no improvement

JUST DRAW THEY SAID, DRAW DRAW DRAW
>>
No one is responsible for your failures save yourself
>>
i remember when i was week 1
>>
Yeah you need to draw and be critical about what you do, think about how to improve all the time and fix errors. If you stick to the same shit all the time you won't improve and it doesn't matter if you draw an hour or 10 hours a day.
>>
>>3092491
doodling mindlessly your comfort zones or things you don't even understand won't get you any results, and that's obvious. look for what you're bad at and read/study/draw it until you can give a class a lecture on it.
>>
Just mindlessly drawing won't get you anywhere. You've got to understand what you're drawing and feel it. Also, drawing for 8 hours would only get you tired anyway.
>>
>>3092499
But I can't really tell how to improve my shit. I know what's wrong but I can't really fix it, for example color picking. I am trying my best to copy certain color from a study but it's not right.
>>
>>3092491
It's draw 8 hours a day for years, not one time you stupid fuck.
>>
Make a drawing and analyze its flaws, as you go on keep those flaws in mind as you draw till you start seeing none. Don't draw mindlessly for 8 hours. Spend time being critical. Its not the amount of time that you spend drawing, it's how you spend it.
>>
>>3092491
Post your art so that we can help you better than crying about that your art does not improve
>>
>>3092491
told you
talent is real, you can't teach it and you can't "just draw"
>>
>>3092491
The problem you have, and a lot of other artists who want to improve, is that you draw and do practice without a goal in mind. You need to figure out what exactly you want to draw, draw the things you already want to draw and then base the things you need on the finished artwork you have already done.

If a guy wants to draw cute girls, he should draw the cute girl first, see what the fuck he drew and what needs to be fixed and only then start to study what he needs to be able to do in order to draw the cute girl better.
It is fucking pointless to draw every day, do studies every day, without a clear goal for why the fuck you are doing these.
>>
File: .png (786KB, 1750x1250px) Image search: [Google]
.png
786KB, 1750x1250px
>>3092519
I am doing still life studies or taking screenshots from movies and trying to copy that. Pic rel is something i made in 15 min

I always get the proportions wrong at the beginning and I don't get colors right. How much do I have to draw to magically get better at this?
>>
File: 1501758206088.png (280KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1501758206088.png
280KB, 500x374px
truly, /ic/ deserves the pink wojak the most. sorry /biz/
>>
>y-you were just practicing wrong!
>c-c-crybaby!

every time.
>>
>>3092533
Well it's either that or he's retarded so pick your favourite.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLBLL7CpYgQ
>>
>>3092533
drawing is no rocket science. if he pratices 8 hours a day, everyday, and still manages to fuck up, he's either doing something wrong or he's retarded.
>>
File: snapshot20120721111931.jpg (18KB, 200x145px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot20120721111931.jpg
18KB, 200x145px
The idea is to challenge yourself and reach beyond your boundaries. I remember a thread of someone complaining about the same thing,but all OP drew were bad My Little Pony copies. I suggested putting them in poses,giving them expressions in face and body language, and eventually putting these figures in places that had environments to explore and render. You can do much the same.
>>
>>3092491
You're supposed to have your brain turned on while you're drawing.
>>
>>3092562
>not rocket science, yet so many people don't make it

not everybody can be retarded.
>>
You're drawing it wrong, so it does not get better.
>>
>>3092525
>I always get the proportions wrong at the beginning

Then fix what you see is broken. The fact that you can see you fucked up is pretty important.
>>
I didn't draw or study today, ngmi
>>
File: uuuahhuuggh.png (409KB, 400x416px)
uuuahhuuggh.png
409KB, 400x416px
I WANT TO BE GOOD FOR FUCKS SAKE
>>
Seems like you've got bigger problems. Seek therapy or something.
>>
>>3092671
What?
>>
>>3092671
Is being a delusional a mental illness?
>>
>>3092503
>color picking
hahaha, fucking kek. you are at a beginner's stage and you are trying to learn colors?
you are just like 99% of other beginner scrubs that think they can just skip all their fundamentals (gesture, perspective, forms, construction, values, etc.) and after that they wonder why their stuff looks like shit.
>>
open a book,study your favorite artist,do all the exercises you find on the subject and discard the bad ones,do a complete piece once in a while and fix it until you dont find any flaw

tldr:just draw fagget.
>>
File: World Class Masterpiece.png (13KB, 1273x653px) Image search: [Google]
World Class Masterpiece.png
13KB, 1273x653px
>>3092491
>Draw for 10 cumulative minutes every year
>Actually get worse at drawing
>>
>>3092712
yeah, not op but i start studying colors and values at first, like, "i will learn to paint and make nice illustrations without drawing, you dumb fags". 1 year later here im studing loomis totally defeated
>>
>>3092664
There's your problem. You must want to get good, not just be good. You better learn to love the work, instead of wanting the result.
>>
>>3092689
Yes.
>>
find a picture you like, copy it, compare results.
Your version will look like shit.

Then study like 1cm of the picture you like and try to match that.

That will come out looking shit.

Do it again, it will look shit you will want to do something else.

Dont do something else, keep doing that one boring thing over and over until you can match it.

Repeat over and over.

Unless you are directly comparing side by side and forcing yourself to repeat over and over again until you can match it you run a huge risk of just wasting your time.
>>
>want to learn to play the piano
>get instructor and courses, practice on and learn incrementally difficult pieces
>fix mistakes and try until you can do it correctly

>want to learn math
>get math book, learn theory, do exercises, learn incrementally difficult concepts and solving methods

>want to learn to ice skate
>use safety measures and a cone so you don't fall, practice going around slowly until you can get a good balance, slowly try harder things

>want to learn art
>start with human animu figure while having no fundamentals, do it for 10 hours a day then spaz out on /ic/ because you don't improve.

Why do people just expect to learn art just like that? Is it because they think art is easy or do they just think they're special and not like the others? It's like they're so entitled to being good that they don't have to do the basics like everyone else.
>>
>>3093082
They think its easy because its just drawings.
>>
>>3093082
because /ic/ insists on spreading the lie that anyone can make it.
>>
you have to like drawing
>>
>>3093116
*with hard work and dedication
>>
>>3093082
even if you were to go and be a huge weeb like me and only draw like 2hours all 2 months, you'd still see a gigantic improvement over a year or two, assuming you start at total dogshit level

I find it incredibly hard to believe that somebody could consistently put 10 hours in and not get huge gains real quick
>>
>>3092491
There's only so many explanations for why you wouldn't improve doing that much fucking drawing daily, and none of them are answers /ic/ likes. You either:

>aren't practicing right
Any time someone claims to practice that much a day without gains, my first assumption is that you're probably brainlessly drawing with no actual effort toward making reps of whatever exercise you're doing actually mean something. An artist can draw boxes or whatever for under an hour daily and see improvement in whatever they were trying to focus on, while an autist like you can ""grind"" 9 hours a day just because you think more time put in will mean more gains, and not get anywhere.

>just don't have the aptitude/talent/whatever for drawing
This one recieves the most autistic screeches, because nobody wants to believe there's such a thing as talent at all. Below every world-renowned athlete, mathematician, whatever, there's a ton of merely competent people in the same field. And below them there's innumerable masses of people who just cannot reach beyond beginner level, no matter what. Muh "all 'talented' people just grinded the hardest" is bullshit, there are people who pick up on things a lot faster and better than others, and on the other end there is a very large number of people who for one reason or another, aren't wired to improve on certain things much, if at all. I doubt this is the case though--most people can reach a competent level.

>have an actual mental deficiency
Seeing the types of people who post on /ic/, this is second most likely to me under just not practicing efficiently. Autists, retards etc. are very special creatures, and a some of their brains aren't good when it comes to improving at skills, no matter how long they go at it. See Chris Chan, etc.

TL;DR if you aren't making gains drawing 8 hours daily, you're either doing it wrong, aren't meant to be an artist or are literally retarded. In any case, kill yourself and quit raging about how bad you are
>>
>>3092491
You don't need to practice often to get good at drawing
>>
>>3093178
I don't think so either. NOBODY aside from a few Asians would even be decent otherwise.
>>
>>3092496
shit me too
>>
>>3092496
which week are you now?
>>
>>3093311
week 3
>>
Dump all your studies in a zip and put it on mega or google drive then you'll definitely get useful feedback instead of people having to blindly guess where you went wrong.
>>
>>3093313
And do you see any difference?
>>
>>3092496
There are still week 1's who still draw like shit. How is it possible for these people not to pick up a fucking book and study. Do they not want to improve?
>>
>>3093311
~368
>>
File: 1500321388580.jpg (148KB, 862x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1500321388580.jpg
148KB, 862x1000px
Just practice and don't forget to just be yourself.
>>
>>3093116
Everyone can improve though.
>>3093139
I'm not too surprised because our autismo friend might be reinforcing bad habits.
>>
>>3093139
I agree with you bro. The problem is a lot of people don't break out of their comfort zones and count drawing a stick figure as drawing for the day. At the end of the day it really all depends on how bad you want to get better. Bitching on an art critique board will not improve our shit posting friend here. There are plenty of of YouTube tutorials and online art classes that will help you improve.
>>
>>3092491
improvement comes subtly nigga, just keep grinding
>>
Study while you draw you fucking dork
>>
>>3092491
I drew at least 4 hours every single day for 5 years before I became good. Like pretty much anything in life, it takes a shit ton of time and effort to become proficient at something. I went from being barely being able to draw stick figures to getting a full scholarship at an atelier. With some serious training and constant drawing i'd be shocked if you didn't see any major results in a month. I'll give you some learny material if you're interested but you're probably just a lazy american
>>
>>3093635
I am interested and not op.
>>
>>3093635
Go for it

I think another problem is that we have so many resources it's hard to pick one thing
>>
>>3092491

Shane Glines did an interesting discussion on this topic, it helped a lot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJWWRsUwMPk

I just do stuff that I think is fun now, which involves actually a lot of fundamental stuff. Anatomy is fun, especially Paul Richer book. Medieval costumes are fun. Drawing boxes is fun.

Also, coming up with ways to remember is fun. Memory palace is really fun and I've been developing mine for anatomy.

Also, picking up Zbrush has been fun.

Feel this is what missing in /ic/.
>>
>>3093699
Thanks anon, that was a good watch. I realized something similiar to what he said not too long ago and can relate. Loving the process is the most important thing.
>>
>>3093333
No.
>>
>>3093764
Draw a nose now from imagination.
Then study noses for one week.
At the end of the week draw another nose from imagination.

Compare. Notice improvement.
>>
>>3093699
Why would I listen to a guy who's done nothing good and is 46 years or something. This is not helpful.
>>
>>3092757
I mean, it is totally posible to start with values and colors first before loomis, but of course you shouldnt skip fundamentals
>>
>>3093861
>yfw people on this board ACTUALLY think you can skip fundamentals
>>
>>3092580
you'd be surprised
>>
>>3093082
>Is it because they think art is easy

Yep. They remember grade school, when art class was basically a kind of indoor recess, and don't realize that there's more to it than that train tracks in the desert drawing everyone had to do that one time.
>>
>>3093635
fuck off anon how did you practice. teach me your ways
>>
>>3093635
Do you draw for money? How old are you?
>>
>>3093354
~6 years?
And how's your progress going?
>>
>>3093635
I'm interested, please do post unless you were just lying to have a nice rekt against the other anon
>>
Think about what you're doing
>>
>>3092491
just draw is a dumb meme

you have to use techniques while you practice
like if you're a beginner, you would use proportional techniques and anything that helps you copy/see properly
>>
>>3093353
Name them
>>
wow....I feel so stupid....I finally know the secret
>>
>>3092491
So, how many years have you been doing it?
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.