[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for you, /ic/. I commissioned another artist at a convention

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

Question for you, /ic/. I commissioned another artist at a convention back in January and was told they typically take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months to finish and send shit out. 3 months down the line, no commission and no follow up from the artist. I messaged them on twitter, they confirmed they still had my commission in mind and stopped responding. 6 months later we're both vending at the same convention, I ask about the commission and they tell me they haven't started it yet. I changed my request in the hopes that they'd actually do what they accepted my money to do over half a year ago and was told I'd get it in the mail. 8 months later, they still haven't done it.

What would you do in this situation, /ic/? At this point I'm ready to ask for my money back but I don't know how to go about asking them. I won't want to deal with a bunch of shaking and crying because they can't commit to what they've agreed to do. If you're going to take people's money, you better provide the service they paid for or buck the fuck up and return the money.
>>
Pretty sure you're fucked
Paypal allows 180 days for refund and you've passed that a while ago . Try talking with your credit card company

I don't think the artist would return your money after ignoring you for so long.

Why the fuck are stories like that so common? Lazy ass shamless artists and autism ridden requesters that don't demand what they paid for?

Do you fucks have no shame
>>
>>3091576
I paid them in cash. We vend at the same conventions so I'm tempted to just walk up to their ass and ask for my money back in person because that's my best bet at this point.

I do commissions too but I finish what I take on and decline what I'm not willing or able to do. I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt, but when you're shitting out merch and ignoring commissions, I have no sympathy. The only thing holding me back is the potential fallout because we share the same spaces when we sell our art and I don't need tumblr-tier tittybabyism getting in the way of me making a living.
>>
>>3091588
How much was it? At this point its your word against theirs and they might play the victim card, especially if you're planning to do it in person.
>>
>>3091594
40. It's more an issue on principle than the money being a problem but I'm worried they'll pull the victim card too. Reaching out to them online hasn't gotten me anywhere so speaking to them in person may be my only option.

It's especially shitty because I respected them as an artist and they've always followed through on paying their portion of batch orders, etc. but fuck it. Lazy artists make it harder for the rest of us to do our jobs so I want to go about this the best way I can and be done with them.
>>
why is this so common
why are artists so pathetic and undisciplined
this is why i will always say im a draftsman rather than an artist
>>
This person needs to be taught a lesson. You really should demand that refund. Being respectful and direct about it by giving them your reasons for a refund would probably be the best way to go about it. If they have a tantrum over it, it's their problem and not yours. If they start boohoo-ing about it to their friends or online to their fans, anybody with half a brain will realize they're being an asshole and shouldn't have let you wait that long for a commission they never even started. As long as you remain respectful and show that you're not too emotional over that potential scenario, you should be fine. You have every right for that refund.
>>
Even if they do end up having some kind tumblrfit and come after you, is anyone really going to push it when you turn around and say "I was told it would take two months max for my commission. It's been more than a year since and I'm entitled to my refund"?

Just shoot them an email or whatever saying you'd like a refund. Propose paypal, but also suggest that if cash is easier, you can meet up at the next con you'll both be at. The paypal route saves them the shame of having to see you. The cash route lets you track them down in person if they choose to ignore you.

Just be the bigger person, ultimately, and don't act like those tumblr snots that turn around and call out a person for not delivering. You're better than that.
>>
File: 1474547116813.png (86KB, 558x364px) Image search: [Google]
1474547116813.png
86KB, 558x364px
>>3091570
>I commissioned another artist at a convention [...] no commission and no follow up from the artist
Kek
Why do you think they're called "con artist" ?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.