[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, /ic/. First time on /ic/, so I hope all is well with you.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: Hello.png (11KB, 348x253px) Image search: [Google]
Hello.png
11KB, 348x253px
Hello, /ic/. First time on /ic/, so I hope all is well with you.

How do I get better at drawing humans? I've tried every method out there, and it just doesn't work. I've kept trying, but I'm starting to get a bit discouraged.

Help, please?

(Note: I draw on my computer, but paper would also help too).
>>
Post your work

We can't help you without seeing what you struggle with.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (138KB, 1056x770px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
138KB, 1056x770px
everything you need is in the sticky and there are no shortcuts, just practice
>>
>>3091501
it's too shite if I'm being honest

-OP
>>
>>3091504
still would be helpful if OP posted some work to see his level and where he is having difficulty.
>>
>>3091507
Just do it, you're anonymous anyway. Also list some of the methods you have tried. Want to get an idea of what you have been doing.
>>
>>3091507
Then fuck you. You say you tried everything, how would we know how to fucking help you if you don't want to show what you've been trying?

Here's a meaningless meme response: LOOMIS. Very helpful isn't it?
>>
>>3091511
I've tried
-real life
-drawing from imagination
-tracing over the little line skeletons you put before drawing people
-drawing drawings from looking on my tab then back to my software in an attempt to recreate it (but not do anything with it)
-the same as before, but on paper
-reading books on drawing humans and using their methods

So far, nothing has worked
>>
>>3091516
Maybe you have the autism.

Anyways, post your work so that we can tell you what you're doing wrong
>>
>>3091516
As far a methods/techniques you only listed one. Sounds like you're just trying to draw what you see and you're drawing straight ahead with no construction of any kind. We would get a better idea of your level if you posted anything. Otherwise assuming you're an absolute beginner go through the sticky, get through the basics, draw still lifes and simplify objects into shapes and avoid digital media.
>>
>>3091516
try taking a figure drawing class, maybe you need someone over your shoulder telling you "this is right, that is wrong".

So pay money for a class, or you can post your work here for free and you might get help (unlikely now since you are being unreasonably stubborn).

Look if you don't want to post work fine, then don't expect any real answers. Drawing is visual and what you are doing by not posting your work is like asking someone to solve a math problem without telling them the problem.
>>
>>3091516
>-reading books on drawing humans and using their methods

Which books?
>>
>>3091518
there's a problem with that.

None of my work is saved :\
because it looks utterly terrible (like you gave someone a mouse and a computer and told it to draw)

>>3091522
No such thing exists where I live :|
>>
>>3091525

Then draw something right now and post it.

Go, right now, and draw a face or a pose or something from your room. It doesn't even have to be from imagination
>>
>>3091525
Don't use emoticons here
>>
>>3091525
take an online course that gives review/critique of your work.
>>
File: doodle.png (48KB, 1014x594px) Image search: [Google]
doodle.png
48KB, 1014x594px
Told you it was terrible.
>>
File: doodle.png (47KB, 967x542px) Image search: [Google]
doodle.png
47KB, 967x542px
I'm not responsible if you all want to cringe after seeing this

fixed it
>>
>>3091542
Doesn't look like you actually tried anything.

Read the sticky and go to the beginner thread. If you want a specific book use Keys to Drawing, fucking read it and do the tasks. Don't lie to yourself, opening a book and closing it after one half assed attent doesn't count as studying.
>>
>>3091551
>opening a book and closing it after one half assed attent

I read the book.

FUCKING 10 TIMES.
>>
>>3091552
and I fixed the dang drawing because that was old one from around a year ago when someone on a Discord asked me to show a drawing
>>
>>3091552
Bullshit. If this is a trolling attempt congrats, you've gained my (you)s and my time.

Pathetic
>>
>>3091560
This isn't bullshit.
This is genuine.
>>
>>3091561
sometimes I just don't think I'm cut out for drawing.

Which is most likely the case.
>>
>>3091564
You should have dragged it out longer, the bait would've been more rewarding.
>>
>>3091565
I actually am not doing bait.

This is real shit.
>>
>>3091564
If you don't think you're cut out for drawing, then don't draw. It's as simple as that.

There, I'm done with this bait.
>>
>>3091568
wasn't bait in the first place :\
>>
>>3091571
if it's not bait, do this >>3091551

Draw one of the refs that get posted. Like spend an hour on it. then post your work and we can help you.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.