[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>musicians remix other musicians songs >Its cool, everyone

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: matthew-bellamy-2.jpg (271KB, 1000x1156px) Image search: [Google]
matthew-bellamy-2.jpg
271KB, 1000x1156px
>musicians remix other musicians songs
>Its cool, everyone is happy

>artists copy other artist in their style
>autistic rage muh art thief

Why is the artist community so selfish and salty
>>
>>3090734
Music is bottom tier entertainment, nobody cares.
>>
>>3090734
>Its cool, everyone is happy
if they get paid, maybe
>>
>>3090734
>be impossibly ignorant about visual art
>post on /ic/
>thread stays on first page for 5 days

why are you trying to destroy /ic/?
>>
That's a terrible analogy. Music remixes to art is more like using many different references(poses, styles, etc) to create a single image.
>>
Makes me feel bad for one trick ponies like sakimichan. All you have to do is draw fabart with a background in skewed perspective and everybody loses their shit.
>>
>>3090734
Musicians/Song Artist are properly attributed and while informing the listener first through the title with consent to play or not play the song (plus there's no comment section) UNLIKE Visual Artists which are always never credited and rejects consent to view.
Maybe if they put spoilers and properly attribute original artists first the saltiness will go away.
>>
>>3090807
Consent? Credit? No they aren't. How many times have you heard a song on the radio or at a club not knowing who it is and you're already half way through it.
>>
>>3090771
In music that would be called sampling, which is different from remixing (taking an entire song and remaking it in a different style).
>>
>>3090814

They either announce it, you could ask the dj, or use soundhound/shazam on your phone.
>>
>>3090828

Still credited though.

It's [Song Artist]-[Song Name] ([Remix artist] mix)
>>
>>3090829
No they don't announce it no often it's not crediting . Using Shazam is the equivalent of using reverse image search for visual art.
>>
>>3090734
when their backs are to a wall artists are really terrible people.
>>
>>3090830
Except for ripoffs like daft punk
>>
>>3090734
you're underestimating the retardness of music audiences, just check the youtube comments of any remix, version, sample, homage, or song that barely resembles another well known one.
>>
>>3090737
You're fucking stupid. Music has a high influence on society.
>>
>>3090746
>Chuck Berry plays boogie woogie piano riffs on electric guitar
>invents rock and roll
>no one got compensated
>other people expand on rock and roll
>no one got compensated

No one was an uptight ass then. Even musicians today are uptight asses about "getting ripped off".

But I think the analogy doesn't really work because music is a performance, if someone "rips off" a riff they have to have the skill to perform it in the first place, in art people that trace don't have to have skill to make their art. So tracing is more akin to sampling which is a very shameful practice if you have no permision.
>>
I do not remember the technical term but there are already redraw of old cover in comics.
>>
>>3091054
sometimes the resemblance is too real https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c49Trz5Rc_A
>>
Remixes suck, exept they are not more like "collaboration" when two artists draw 1 pic together. But mostly remixes are disgusting.
>>
>>3091146
I find Jemboy's remixes god tier stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JpC68a4oys
>>
This thread is shit
>>
>>3091791
It's because Picasso said it doesn't make it right. He was no different than a modern day attention seeking social media artist who made it . Ever think he was just trying to justify his own impertinence ?
>>
>>3091841
Why would that matter? Contributing creatively to the collective imagination has nothing to do with taste or ownership. Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it shit-- and just because someone else did something similar, doesn't mean it can't be improved upon
>>
>>3090734
music is harder to creat
>>
Vid related:

https://youtu.be/5SaFTm2bcac
>>
>>3091106
I didn't say it didn't, I just thought /ic/ would be better than to care about it.
>>
>>3090734
>Its cool
For nigger """music""" maybe.
>>
File: andy warhol gun.jpg (81KB, 480x338px) Image search: [Google]
andy warhol gun.jpg
81KB, 480x338px
There's nothing wrong with remixing other artist's creation.
>>
>>3091907
hahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahaHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Ha...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>3092956
If you actually study music theory, it's actually really hard and convoluted. It's far harder than drawing.
>>
>>3090734
i wish these guys would make good music again
>>
>>3093815
Did they ever?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.