[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you stay motivated when learning to draw? How do you avoid

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1259.png (177KB, 541x444px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1259.png
177KB, 541x444px
How do you stay motivated when learning to draw? How do you avoid the frustration of not liking what you're capable of.
>>
>>3089963
think about how you could be drawing chicks with dicks in the future
>>
>>3089963
Find a new motive whenever you lose it. You don't draw bad things and only good things.
>>
>the frustration of not liking what you're capable of.

That's the very thing that motivated, and still motivates me to learn.
>>
>>3089963
careful now, if you keep talking about being discouraged you'll trigger someone.
>>
>>3090000
M/IC/GA
Report and Hide time sink threads. Make /ic Great Again
>>
File: advices.jpg (106KB, 1621x396px) Image search: [Google]
advices.jpg
106KB, 1621x396px
>>3089963
Not everything is easy, and your feelings are lying to you. You need to change the way you approach doing things, read the picture. Next time please post in the General Questions&Answers thread instead of creating your own. This is one of the reasons why /ic/ catalog is a mess at the moment. Thanks.
>>
File: 1501557027843.png (1MB, 1111x1193px) Image search: [Google]
1501557027843.png
1MB, 1111x1193px
>>3089963
Read "Five Rings" by Musashi.
Apply said Way and principle of the sword with art.
Cumulate inspiration from various influences.
Rethink art with technology.
>>
The little moments of "Wow, did *I* actually draw that?" are what keep me going.
>>
>>3089963
Sheer bloody minded stubbornness.
>>
>>3089963
>How do you avoid the frustration of not liking what you're capable of.
Think of all the possible drawings and paintings you could do as already existing in your mind. The good ones are at the bottom, on top lies a mountain of bad ones, though here and there inbetween there might be a better one. You need to get the bad drawings out, one by one, to reach the good stuff. You can't think them away, you have to draw them out. So, you're not doing or creating something bad, you are getting rid of the bad stuff that is already there. Every bad drawing is an act of cleansing.
>>
>>3089963
>learning to draw
>the frustration of not liking what you're capable of
What kind of entitled little shit do you have to be to think you have a right to get upset about not being good as beginner?
>>
I just know that if I just keep drawing at some point I'll be able to draw how I want. Also, by actually having fun and not crying "When will I be good!!!?" every five minutes.
>>
>>3092294
>Also, by actually having fun and not crying "When will I be good!!!?" every five minutes.
This
Drawing is super fun. I get discouraged often by knowing I have so much to learn, but I don't cry about it. I'll get there eventually.
>>
If you don't actively enjoy drawing to the point that you don't have to worry about motivation then you'll have to work on your discipline.
You either like it enough that you're glad to do it every chance you get, or you learn to put in the time even when you don't necessarily feel like it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.