[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone use any other medium than digital/ drawing tool and paper?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

Anyone use any other medium than digital/ drawing tool and paper?

Like any one do sculpture or collage or anything thats remotely interesting or worthwhile?

Like MtG card art is cool and all but it doesn't really get me going
>>
I made a collage for a zine cover last week. It was fun
>>
>>3089335

mtg art is all 3d now and photobashed. it's not that cool. It was cool when the artists actually drew from their imagination, much more creative.

also who's the chick?
>>
File: tumblr_ob6tbv9vrV1uimd3do1_1280.jpg (97KB, 640x617px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ob6tbv9vrV1uimd3do1_1280.jpg
97KB, 640x617px
>>
>>3089642
its fucking mad that they painted those trees half white, that is true art
>>
>>3089828
haha holy fuck. anon.
>>
>>3089335
there was one thing I did in high school that I want to revisit one day
basically, we'd paint one color on posterboard, put a thick gloss over that, put masking tape over that in a certain shape, paint over that, pull off the masking tape, then gloss over the final thing again
I worked for months to make one that looked like General Grievous (because I'd recently seen the Clone Wars cartoon by Genndy)

if anything, it's a great way to get some painting done and to practice with an x-acto knife
>>
File: 434.jpg (2MB, 2182x2964px) Image search: [Google]
434.jpg
2MB, 2182x2964px
>>3089335
I finger paint.
>>
>>3089883
crying souls. thats kinda creepy.
>>
>>3089828
You do know there's a real, practical reason why they painted the trees trunk white, right?

It's to protect the tree.
>>
>>3089916
I was aware
>>
>>3089944
Then why did it seem like you were surprised? I'm confused.
>>
>>3089916
>to protect the tree

is it sunscreen?
>>
>>3089957
for banter, lad. for banter.
>>
>>3089973
its actually the opposite, its protects it from not the sun

>>3089957
its still fucking mad, like coils or those leg braces that allow the partially crippled to walk
>>
>>3090058
no. I hmmm'd so hard I googled it myself, it looks like I was right people paint trunks white to protect it from the sun and to deter infections and pests. the more you know
>>
>>3089335
i do other art stuff,

because i learned that in top art schools they do a class called 'new media or new genre' where they're encouraged to do weird stuff. like that guy who shoots paint out his ass learned how..or why i guess, to do that in a class like that. so i think it's important for development as an artist as long as you don't become a guy who is deadly serious about shooting paint out his ass.
>>
>>3090096
at least something good came from this thread, thanks cigarette waifu
>>
>>3090129
yes that counts as good, some idiot learned something not interesting about something not related to art. that's just what we need more of on /ic/ the most general of generalities.

fuck off
>>
>>3089335
I've done a lot of sculpture, in college, and out. Very relaxing, and a good way to study form.

I'm good with my hands, so I enjoy getting dirty - I've tried stained glass, jewelry making, engraving, wood carving, wood working, making tiles, mosiac, etc. I've also built furniture, guitars, and can weld and use machining tools.
I hate artists who are afraid to try shit, because they might get their soft white hands dirty.
>>
>>3090175
Why so salty Anon?

You just wasted a whole post on complaining about something that YOU don't seem to be interested in.
>>
I got into sculpture a few months back, inspired by artists like Simon Lee and Jordu Schell. It's so relaxing for me, and made drawing forms and understanding construction easier, and vice versa for drawing-> sculpture.
It's tremendously fun for me, and now I'm experimenting with 3d sculpting and animation.
>>
File: 2017-06-27 01.44.31 1.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-27 01.44.31 1.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
>tfw /ic//p/

Magnets
>>
>>3092076
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KooPsEE7E-Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TXo0ABjwac
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo1bU5kpVXE
>>
>>3092091
Buddy i know how magnets work.
>>
Pumpkin carving around Halloween season.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.