[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Can't draw for shit >Releases Art Book anyway

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

File: qttbj5jg3renecrtvb6j.jpg (74KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
qttbj5jg3renecrtvb6j.jpg
74KB, 800x533px
>Can't draw for shit
>Releases Art Book anyway

Nice decision, Toby.
>>
>>3088836
gross.
>>
>>3088836
Temmie Chang is the main illustrator of Undertale, Toby only worked on the basic sprites and tiles.
>>
>>3088872
>Temmie Chang is the main illustrator of Undertale
Wrong.
Toby did the vast majority of the graphics and characters in Undertale (like 90% of everything).
Temmie only did a handful of graphics and some promotional material.

After all, Toby said he wanted to make everything by himself with very minimal assistance.
That's why the game looks like shit.
>>
>>3088836
>Nice decision, Toby.
>gross.
>That's why the game looks like shit.

t. jealous, mad faggots who can't make a cent off of "muh fundies" and "loomus," while Toby "fuck draw-a-box" Fox is fingering smoking hot chicks like they're his piano.
>>
>>3089025
>Toby "fuck draw-a-box" Fox
Where did he say that anon?
>>
>>3089025
>undertalefags
>hot
Nevertheless, toby's a millionaire right now.
>>
>>3088836
Where's your art book anon?
>>
>>3088836
I'm sure the guy is just trying to ride the wave, just like any of us would if we're not retarded. He made a cool thing and he's making money from it. The lesson is you don't have to be the best to make something good and be successful.
>>
>>3089025
hholy fucking kek "Toby 'fuck draw-a-box' Fox" this is gold

Yeah, undertale kinda looked like shit. Its visuals were passable at best. It's score is where Toby really shone but FUCK he should've asked for more help with the art.
>>
it will still sell out completely, also i doubt it's just his own art
>>
>>3089132
Got posted here a while ago. Temmie's art is nice but I wouldn't pay to own the book. Was never really a fan of undertale though, just curious.
>>
>>3088836
i think the main problem was the lack of annotation explaining history and his reasonings for things. toby has always wanted undertale to speak for itself, which is much better than today's 'i'll explain half the show on twitter and that will count as canon' bullshit, but it doesn't make for an engaging art book
>>
wow that book looks thicker than the Hyrule Historia art book
>>
I played undertale with an open mind and ended up genuinely liking it
but an art book is dumb as hell, there is no inspiration from it
>>
>>3088836
Is that fucking Comic Sans?
>>
>>3088836
Better at character design than you though
>>
You can't expect an indie developer creating high art for every sprite unless you think spending 10-15 years is a reasonable time developing a game.
>>
>>3088836
I give Undertale a pass - that game is huge in the Internet Consciousness, and if I were Toby, I'd put a book out too. He doesn't claim to be an artist, but the game is so massive, why not make some cash off a book? He's proud of his game, and this is a nice trophy for him.
If I had a property like he does, I'd be selling shirts and books, too - and so would you, don't even fucking front.
>>
>>3089231
yea. two of the game's characters have fonts as their gimmick. specifically papyrus and comic sans
>>
>>3088836
If I could still make money that the internet still loves a year later; I would too. I didn't even like undertale all that much.
>>
>>3088836
Even though I couldn't give a shit about the sprite work for Undertale, I do know a majority of the "concepts" for the characters was just him doodling stupid shit on paper, making mini comics with them telling dumb puns and other ideas. If the books mainly that then I can understand a fan wanting to buy it.
To many art books are just like a collection of the final concepts, no unused ideas and with no insight for what the artist was trying to do with the concept.
>>
>>3088836
>Make popular game that rakes in the money
>release art book thats guaranteed to sell well

Yeah, nice decision, Toby.
>>
>>3089025
This. Hate it all you want, but he's successful.

Same with the guy who created Five Nights at Freddys. It's a stupid franchise but he's successful
>>
>>3089122
I think the reason the art sucks is what makes it charming and stand out.
>>
>>3088836
i know a girl who likes undertale
she's severely autistic
>>
You guys are seriously just pathetically insecure sometimes.

>Man million times more successful then you'll ever be
>LOL CAN'T DRAW KILLURSELF

Fuck off
>>
>>3089330
Is there even anyone who likes you though?
>>
>>3088836
I'd do it too if I had millions of dollars desu senpai
>>
So.... what's so bad about the book?
>>
>>3089414
The drawings I'd imagine

>hur dur le sensible question, le quadruple dot, that'll throw some cold water on them
Piss off back to plebbit
>>
>>3089380
my mom
>>
Pics? Upload.
>>
File: product_UT_artbook_photo5.png (240KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
product_UT_artbook_photo5.png
240KB, 900x600px
>>3089433
Don't scream.
>>
>>3089438
pure autism.

>>3089242
>he designed all the characters himself
>>
How much is it?
>>
File: disgust.jpg (28KB, 524x336px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
28KB, 524x336px
>>3088836
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVMOlos4kVg
>>
File: Tobys latest art.jpg (133KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Tobys latest art.jpg
133KB, 600x450px
>>3089025
>>3089327
I have nothing against the Toby but this whole you're just jealous argument has seriously gotten old. I don't care if Lisa Ann is eating caviar off his asshole or if the president wants to give him a medal. His art still needs improvement.
>>
>>3089438
Well, Undertale was a memegame to begin with, so it makes sense that the (((artbook) would be filled with this kind of ironic bad joke material. Nothing to see here folks.
>>
The funny thing is the artbook shows work that just about any /beg/ could have drawn and made money off of and yet anons keep coming back bitching and groaning about how it'll take 10 years to git gud and make monies.
If anything I think it should be inspiring to all lazy """fuck-fundies-copy-animu""" fags.
>>
Where's the art tho
>>
It's almost like /ic/ doesn't know what it's talking about.
>>
>>3089231
exactly what i noticed too
what a sick fuck
>>
File: stuff.jpg (252KB, 877x906px) Image search: [Google]
stuff.jpg
252KB, 877x906px
>>3089328
Not really.
I think he wanted to replicate the art from the Earthbound series, which was done by Kouichi Ooyama and Shinbo Minami.
So, yeah, it was going to be shitty anyways, specially because none of them were artists in the first place.
Minami is a philosopher and Ooyama is a game designer.
>>
>>3090690
artbook thread
>>
>>3089477
says who? its enough for him to be a millionaire so it clearly doesnt need anything
>>
>>3090690
a simple google search would show you some pages with the drawings.
>>
>>3089521
Publish a soft bound book like that is extremely affordable now. Short run books are cheap, thanks to the digital presses out there, that are basically oversized ink jets. The quality is good, too. I know an artist who did a book as part of a patreon - sells them for $20 each, and just re-ordered 1000 more. Not bad. Her art is good, but not epic.
The cheap costs of self publishing is what's driving two projects for me - I hope to have something out in 2018.
>>
>>3089108
Ding ding ding
>>
>>3090902
the first Mother also tried to rip-off Peanuts, so Toby is indirectly ripping off peanuts by default too.
>>
>>3089231
I came here to post exactly this. Fucking disgusting.
>>
>>3091221
NO GOSH DARN IT!!!
I'm too lazy
>>
>>3088836
morbid curiosity has got the better of me, post more pages or gtfo and delete thread.
>>
File: ss+(2017-08-09+at+02.18.17).jpg (276KB, 1372x421px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-08-09+at+02.18.17).jpg
276KB, 1372x421px
>>3092215
I actually have the full book.
There's honestly some interesting stuff in here. Will post anything asked.
>>
>>3089521
Toby also almost singlehandedly programmed, wrote, composed, and made the art for one of the most popular games of the 2010s.
>>
>>3089025
> This argument again
I'm only jealous of people I actually like.
>>
File: nightmarefuel.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
nightmarefuel.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>3092792
Really makes me wonder what the fuck I'm doing with my life when people are getting rich making and easily distributing shit like this.
>>
>>3088836
Oh good God, you really have forsaken is
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.