[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious question faggots. If you don't like to draw, why

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: fgg pic.png (115KB, 584x630px) Image search: [Google]
fgg pic.png
115KB, 584x630px
Serious question faggots.
If you don't like to draw, why do you come to our loomis hood (God bless him) and complain drawing is too hard, you're not gonna make it, how do I do it?

Literally you may as well kill yourself fampai.
Fucking faggots, if you don't like to draw, then do another thing.

>but money
just learn a trade retards.

Sick of your BS, asking for the same garbage advice: DRAW A LOT, GRIND FUNDIES.
there's not secret hidden technique some sage hiddes from you, faggot.

JUST DRAW, DRAW EVERYDAY.

>but drawing is too hard, I don't enjoy it, how do I motivate myself to draw
Kill yourself.
>>
>>3088085
this shit is getting more annoying that people complaining they can't make it.
>>
>>3088097
>he really believes the I've been drawing for two years but I'm still crap BS
lmao faggot.

drawing once in a month for two years isn't practicing.

Do you realize getting good in drawing takes a shit ton of grinding?

you may as well complain any skill is too hard to learn.

god forbid you try music, which takes 25 years on average to reach elite level with just one instrument.
>>
>>3088116
if you don't enjoy to paint why do you care about making it?

the problem is money?
why not get a trade job?

>takes them 5 years
which is the average to become a professional.

of course starting from 0 will take a shit ton of time, but those talented kids have been drawing since they were toddlers, which means their brains are smarter than other kids.

there's not magic, not suddenly genes that make you a god of drawing.
>>
>>3088119
It's 2 years to get decent, 5 years to get gud, 10 to be a professional assuming you aren't a fucking idiot.

>he thinks science is magic

you are hopelessly retarded.
>>
>>3088124
And?

why complain about real life shit.

do people complain they can't be buff in one month of gym and that actually takes years to become huge in the gym?

do you think drawing is some unique slow skill?

all skills takes a decade of hard work.
drawing is not even unique in that regard.

but you can still land a job even with 2 years of practice.
>>
>>3088125
Some people want to be more than that you insipid fuck.
>>
>>3088127
yeah, I want to be othermode but I know it will take one year of gym.

why not embrace the grind rather than complaining?

like I said, why complain drawing is too hard if you don't like to draw?

you may as well kys.

is you problem to make money?
why not a trade?
>>
>>3088133
judging by what you've posted grinding hasn't gotten you anywhere. If anything this thread is just another argument for talent.
>>
>>3088134
that still doesn't disprove an average normal individual to become a pro and make a living off art.

>but it will take ten years.
Nice, they still have 40-50 years of live to improve and overcome their hurdles.

why does it matter than some people learn faster?

you know why they learned faster?
because they were grinding every day for 5-6 hours fundamentals, meanwhile the average guy just drew for fun.

>>3088138
Art was always a hobby for me and I just drew for fun.
I've made faster progress in one week of grinding fundies than what I was able to learn in years of just doing it for fun.
>>
>>3088141
>trust me I've been drawing seriously for one week :^)
>>
File: one week progress.png (462KB, 1276x825px) Image search: [Google]
one week progress.png
462KB, 1276x825px
>>3088144
there's one week diference between these two paintings, the latter which is still a WIP.

>>3088153
they can still spend one or two hours EVERY DAY.
you don't need 10 hours every day faggot.
>>
>>3088157
>grossly misshapen apple
>grossly misshapen face

I see no difference.
>>
>>3088182
post your art then.
>>
>>3088189
look at the rendering, faggots.
I've only grinded fundies for five days now.
>>
>>3088097
>I've meet a lot of artists who grinded hard and studied their fundamentals, it's not as easy as that you stupid fucking noob

IT IS AS EASY AS THAT YOU FUCKING RETARD.

if you aren't getting better, you're not doing shit properly.
>>
File: shitty artillery.png (937KB, 902x638px) Image search: [Google]
shitty artillery.png
937KB, 902x638px
>>3088188
As you can see, I'm not so good either. The wheels are fucked, the canon is bent, and I got lazy towards the ass end. but I'm not touting it as "improvement". If anything it showed me I need to take a step back.
>>
>>3088229
well, have you tried GRINDING THE FUNDAMENTALS?

you know, perspective?
>>
I like to draw, but when I get rusty and see what im I doing, I hate myself for doing such ugly art.
>>
>>3088231
everything I try to read about perspective just confuses me more.

>>3088236
that's actually my problem too.
>>
>>3088245
you know, have you tried to draw boxes in diferent perspectives?
>>
>>3088249
Have you actually tried reading about it? Everybody says "it's just boxes in different perspectives". Then the books delve into the same kind of shit that got me placed in remedial math.
>>
>>3088266
Just get a box and draw it a couple of thousand times from different angles, you fucking retard.
>>
File: perspective.png (887KB, 902x1276px) Image search: [Google]
perspective.png
887KB, 902x1276px
>>3088266
well, is simply a matter of being able to draw, spheres, cilinders, cubes, cones in diferent positions.

loomis have some chapters and exercises on perspective.
>>
>>3088271
>>3088275

It's my biggest weakness. I'm just trying to be comprehensive.
>>
>>3088298
>can't even post his art

>>3088302
do boxes excersises.
learn basic 3D modelling as well, it will help you.
>>
>>3088302
There's nothing to comprehend beyond the concepts of horizon, vanishing points and the line meeting in them.
>>
if talent does not exist then wtf is this shit??
>>
File: a2_by_guweiz-db9y4tr.jpg (114KB, 1280x704px) Image search: [Google]
a2_by_guweiz-db9y4tr.jpg
114KB, 1280x704px
>>3088622
and then there's little shits like guweiz, that draw like this in fucking 2 years. Life is just not fair.
>>
File: 9034.jpg (72KB, 510x510px) Image search: [Google]
9034.jpg
72KB, 510x510px
>>3088624

the secret is drugs

once you realize it the gains will begin to seep in
>>
It's easy to feel desperate when you start. We all start there. And with difficult learning curve like art it's a feeling that will persist for years. Some of that anxiety persists forever, even after reaching master level. An artist gotta get better. And it's good to feel that way. It becomes the motivation that drives you to learn an improve.

Any skill that people will admire and look up to is locked behind a years-long road of hard work and determination. It has to be that way. If it were low hanging fruit, everyone would be doing it, and it wouldn't be special or interesting.

But there's no shame in giving up either, if you legit decide art is not your thing. When you're young it's good to try different things to find out if something clicks with you. Just remember what I said about low hanging fruit. You go try and learn programming instead. Good luck with that. Or writing novels. Good luck with that. Learn an instrument. Good luck with that.
>>
>>3088245
lightly sketch everything in their most basic shapes first before "drawing", the spheres and the cylinders and cones and all that boring and tedious bullshit. That will work wonders for your issues with perspective.
>>
>>3088624
That's also digital, huge difference between ez-mode stuff like that and real art.
>>
>>3088622

People like this prefer their hugbox rather than torture themselves with proper practice.
>>
>>3088085
I like drawing cute anime girls, but I have to do boring studies if I want to draw better, cuter anime girls. So I sort of have to do what I don't really like if it helps me do what I really like
>>
>>3088721
It's tedious building good draftsmanship, but just keep plugging away. If you can sketch an accurate real person, it will be very easy for you to sketch their cartoon equivalent. Also, innate talent is important, if you don't have it in your genes no amount of "grinding" will help you improve. Some people naturally can draw/paint/play music/sculpt and some people's natural talents are better suited to public service or health care or skateboarding or ice hockey or hunting, etc.
>>
>>3088085
You're another one of those "talent doesn't exist" retards, aren't you?

Look, I can practice scales on the guitar all day, for 10 years, but that won't make me Jo Satriani.

Without talent, practicing every day only makes you good at one thing: practicing.

Without talent to take practice efforts and move into actual finished work requires, among many things, talent.

You can foam at the anus all day and all night at this, but it's true, and your condescending posts railing against it only prove one thing - you have far too much free time to waste on bullshit based rants like this one.

I'm 50/50 you're just trolling, anyway. Hey, 4chan. It's not unheard of.
>>
>>3088709
I'll try that. Thanks.
>>
>>3088758
>Look, I can practice scales on the guitar all day, for 10 years, but that won't make me Jo Satriani.
How do you know it won't? Have you done it?
>>
File: artdegreee.png (441KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
artdegreee.png
441KB, 1600x900px
>>3088097
Talent is just ability to grasp particular thing quicker. You can achieve same level of success with studying hard.
Also, you may have talent, but have absolutely no original ideas which will make you stand out, so yeah, fuck off and back to drawing
>>
>>3088758
>10 year won't make you Jo Satriani

It will actually. If you properly train with vigor I say 5 years is enough. Guitar is one of the easiest instruments to delve into.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.