[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adoptables or nah

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: img_1501713000126.jpg (233KB, 473x1055px) Image search: [Google]
img_1501713000126.jpg
233KB, 473x1055px
This is insane.

Fagbro sent me a link days ago, meant to post sooner, but of course I forgot.

This person sold a flaming dog for $1,200. Thoughts?

> read the comments niggas are triggered

Link to the page - http://pandoras-island.deviantart.com/art/Phoenix-OVER-454717155
>>
>>3084573

I never understood the concept behind those "adoptables"... WTF is that? You buy the rights to the character? You roleplay with it in a set environment defined by the artists? Seriously, I can't even...
>>
>>3084573
i started adoptables the other day. pulled out a random full body practice that took me 6 minutes and someone actually paid me $10 for the image. i would have discarded it otherwise
>>
Furries will buy anything

I never got the adoptable thing either but they're always being sold for ridiculous prices.
>>
>>3084583
Anyone ?
>>
>>3084583
Adoptables are essentially when someone creates a sometimes neat but often legally indefensible donut steel OC, and you purchase the rights to the artwork and any related works/character affiliations with the donut steel in question, plus exclusive "ownership" if you roleplay places or have a catalog of personally owned characters. A closed species is a species or fantasy creature that is typically legally indefensible but the artist is the central distributor of any new characters of that species. The only neat one I saw was the plushie dog monsters that had pillows for tails.
>>
Market is oversaturated now. A lot of kids sell them for $1-3. You'll only make the big bucks if you have a following, are very good at marketing, or lucky. Be prepared to submit these shits to 100+ groups if not. It's really not worth the time unless you already have a following or are willing to wait forever for them all to sell.
Closed species and ferals (animals) usually get more sales, if you want to try.
>>
>>3086247
What happens if you just take one without paying. I can only imagine the butthurt it would generate but could they actually do anything about it other than whine to website moderators?
>>
>>3086287
They could bitch but that's about it.
>>
>>3084583
Buying the rights to a character is oddly enough a thing like Spiderman. And he goes for even more than a few thousand.
>>
>>3086322
well buying the rights to use a character like spiderman in a movie makes sense, but buying a shitty dog just so you can say you own it is retarded.The person that bought this isnt even going to do anything with it.
>>
>>3086340
Oh, but don't you see, this "kiamara" is EXTREMELY special, it has wings!
>>
>>3086287
Furry fandom is pretty social and interconnected. The artists who can sell these things for 1200 have enough of a fanbase and influence that the community would just harrass the shit out of anyone who 'break's the rules.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.