[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's say I hang this randomly into an art gallery, how

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: DSC_0064.jpg (1MB, 3920x2204px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0064.jpg
1MB, 3920x2204px
Let's say I hang this randomly into an art gallery, how many people would mistake it for actual art instead of my random waste of paint?
>>
>>3084401
You're one of those "All art is bad so I make bad art" artists. Wow. Very meta. I'm sure you'll be very successful.
>>
>>3084401
You'll get a few dipshits who will pass by and nod like they understand it. Nobody will buy it. Nobody will remember it.

Read a book.
>>
>>3084401
hella many my dude. artists be hecka dum dums. ak ak ak ak ak ak ak ak
>>
How much you want for it, don't play games
>>
>>3084414
Salty
>>
>>3084401

Reminds me of an immature Liam Everett, but in a rotated kind of way. Maybe try to tilt it by 470 degrees?
>>
File: i came here to laugh at you.png (138KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
i came here to laugh at you.png
138KB, 375x375px
>>3084401
Let's say you hang yourself in an art gallery. How many people would mistake you for an actual artist instead of Edgy Anti-Art Shitposter number eighty-thousand?
>>
>>3084467
Muchly triggered aren't you?
>>
>>3084401
i think the stats are that 30% of educated people will fall for it and who-cares% of the plebs
>>
>>3084928
>30%

lel

http://io9.gizmodo.com/5811891/scientific-proof-that-abstract-art-is-only-4-better-than-what-a-kid-could-do
>>
File: glasses prank.jpg (467KB, 1599x1047px) Image search: [Google]
glasses prank.jpg
467KB, 1599x1047px
>>3084401
depends on which gallery wing you hang it in. close to 100% in the abstract """"art"""" section.
>>
Pollock was a mistake.
>>
>>3084426
Three fiddy
>>
File: 20936448-KI07n.jpg (206KB, 1000x485px) Image search: [Google]
20936448-KI07n.jpg
206KB, 1000x485px
Am I the only one around here who enjoys some abstract art? To me it's like a form of painterly graphic design. As an artist I am personally more into creating representative fantasy/sci-fi art but I think abstract stuff has a place aswell.
>>
>>3085136
Abstract art is very good for interior design when you don't want the contents of the painting to pull the attention away from the room. They fill up an empty wall and add colors to the room. I'd say people prefer abstract art in their houses than object painting.
>>
>>3085136
I like them, too bad they have such shit
>>3085142
True
>>
>>3084401
I'm weirdly disgusted by it. it looks like it smells
>>
>>3085142

Good point. I understand how it fits with minimalistic modern styles of decoration but I wonder if there a psychological aspect to it. Figurative art says something and if you put it on your wall you're making some kind of statement. It's almost as if abstract art, beyound the purely aesthetic dimension, is more safe because it doesn't say anything explicitly.
>>
>>3084401
You should put it in a show - I'm assuming your work is more representational - and invite a load of SJW art lovers and anarchist types. Then count how many pick it as their favorite work.

I'm guessing it will be several.
>>
>>3085136
I feel like the people who hate abstract art are the same kind of people who get angry at the fact that gays exist.
>>
>>3084926
not that guy, but triggering is legit in this case.

All of these people trying to make legitimate money for their work and then some jackass farts in a gallery and is praised for his postmodern non-conformists numedia or some other bullshit.
>>
>>3085136
Abstract art is great. OP's pic blows though.

>I love Rothko
>>
>>3084401
If it was hung with other art that was considered expensive, literally all of them would fall for it.
>>
>>3086374
>>
>>3084404
modern art takes no skill, the reason it sells is because of the meta of modern art, not that it is well made.

Anyone can make art on par with jackson pollock
>>
>>3085136
This is great,

>>3084401
This is clearly amateurish, if you can't tell the difference you are NGMI.
>>
>>3086884
>Anyone can make art on par with jackson pollock
dude that was like 70 years ago. nobody cares about jackson pollock anymore. how are people still butthurt about that guy?!
>le wrong generation
>>
Well nobody would mistake anime or character model drawings as art
>>
Only other people as uneducated and clueless as you.
>>
>>3086884
Try, then. Pollock doesn't have random compositions, they're all in balance in complicated ways and you can tell a Pollock from a Riopelle or other action painters easily.

You can even map fractals from his work.
>>
Wow I didn't know aurtists were this sensitive of people, I should really stop buying any paintings all together if my money goes to people like this, it's like watching a bunch of sjw's crying over not being legally by their fantasy special snowflake terms.
>>
>>3087723
Nice one, /pol/bro! Let's report back to base, the invasion of /ic/ has begun! XD
>>
>>3087054
>Try, then. Pollock doesn't have random compositions, they're all in balance in complicated ways and you can tell a Pollock from a Riopelle or other action painters easily.
>You can even map fractals from his work.

I haven't laughed so hard in years. Thanks.
>>
So I was in my elevator holding a stack of oil painted canvases that I've been using to practice realistic water on. They weren't pieces of art just my practice works, that consist of gradients between Thalo Blue and turquoise. I going to bring them down to my building trash/loading dock, when this the dude in the elevator was like,

>Hey man those are pretty nice paintings, I like them did you paint them?
>yeah...h...h.h
>Put the unwanted canvases in the trash room.
>Saw the same guy with the 4 canvases walking in the lobby.

Why do people want to put shit on their walls?

>>3087054
Jackson Pollock didn't give a shit about his work or really anyone. He considered his modern art as it was "paint being splattered" and didn't give some bullshit conceptual meaning. Case in point he was well aware of how simple and crap his work was to the point he used the cheapest paints and materials possible, most of the paint was household wall paint that is now to this day rapidly deteriorating. He laughed at the idea of people buying his work because he knew it wouldn't last.
>>
File: 4OVkCx0.jpg (98KB, 640x538px) Image search: [Google]
4OVkCx0.jpg
98KB, 640x538px
>>3087723
Most "modern" artists are pretty thin skinned or are easily triggered snowflakes. There's a reason most modern art gallery curators and artists are dyed hair/pierced perpetually problem faced sjw women or nu-males.
>>3087877
did he hurt your fee fees? Do you have you safe space set up?
>>
>>3087906
damn he quoted your whole post. this guy means business
>>
>>3085710
I am disgusted by abstract art, and love trannies. Fight me, faggot.
>>
>>3084401
most plebs and very few artists/art students/hobbyists
>>
>>3084930
>reads artist's statement, decide it's as stupid as they initially assumed and move on
>old white woman suppressing laughter
>art student taking a photo for his assigned report on a work of contemporary art. subsequently posts scalding blog post on the banality of post-post-post-post-dada
>>
>>3084401
DO IT. And record it for us to laugh.

Talking about laughing : art is like a story or a joke. You need to explain it a lot to show how great it is? It proves that it might not be that great in the first place...

When you show a Michelangelo/Jacques-Louis David/Delacroix painting, it speaks for itself. You directly see the skill, you directly see the mastery,you directly see the amount of work put into it. When you see that box full of crap done by manzoni, however....
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.