[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Art things /ic/ never taught you. >Even if it's shit,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 1486618858447.png (6KB, 230x400px) Image search: [Google]
1486618858447.png
6KB, 230x400px
Art things /ic/ never taught you.

>Even if it's shit, it's good to make finished, fully rendered pieces. If all you ever do is sketch figures, you'll only be good at sketching figure. So it's good to not put off rendering until you're "better." Now is always better than later.
>>
>>3081872
What if I don't want to render you fucking faggot. What If I just want to make cool drawings like my boi KJG. Why do all you faggots on here trash people because they aren't interested in painting?
>>
>>3081888
Also, people on /ic/ always recommend you to finish your work. Lurk more.
>>
>>3081888
You know rendering isn't necessarily painting, right?
>>
>>3081872
>it's good to make finished, fully rendered pieces
Youre wasting time though. Its best to just master drawing before you move onto learning how to paint.
>>
>>3082042
>Its best to just master drawing before you move on

kek, this is the usual refrain of the /ic/ shitters who don't draw
when the fuck do you think you're gonna finish "mastering drawing" and allow yourself to paint, then?
>>
>>3082056
if youre serious about drawing then you should draw for about 10,000 hours. then spend 10,000 hours learning how to paint.
people who do both at the same time will end up polishing turds for the rest of their lives.
>>
>>3082067

Youre delusional and shouldnt be giving advice. No successful artists have done this.
>>
>>3082069
okay, enjoying being a jack of all trades but a master of none. whatever makes you happy :)
>>
>>3081872
this is really good advice.
>>3081888
ya boi KJG still knows quite a bit of rendering. it's not his favorite thing to do but it shows up in his line work.
>>3082067
this is simply not true.
>>3082072
>>3082069
Please don't resort to spite. >>3082067
was wrong but there's no need to be a dick.
>>
>>3082072

You go right of and take your own advice, call me up when youre KJG.
>>
File: flavortown.jpg (82KB, 536x598px) Image search: [Google]
flavortown.jpg
82KB, 536x598px
>>3082072
>10k hours meme
You realise first and foremost, this is considered mastery level for lets say to be a elite number 1 violinist in the world right? art wise you don't need to be mechanically superior to everybody to draw good shit this is simply not how art works

Second of all, if you practice the same song for 10k hours you will be a master of that song, but this doesn't mean you really mastered the violin in every single possible aspect and style

Third of all, in the age of information we live in and still sheer amount of ignorance by the masses, if you can discipline yourself and find the right material and work ethic you can become ''pro'' level in like 5years or even less if you truly apply yourself, people say you can become a expert in anything by reading 3 good books in the subject simply because people are THAT ignorant nowadays and information is so easy to find. 2 hours every single day is more than enough if followed religiously

Now fuck off you baiting meme retard
>>
>>3082098
That depends on how you train and your talent. Drawing weebshit for 10k without properly studying your fundamentals won't get you nowhere
>>
>>3081872
you're one of those turd polishers, right?
>>
this actually isnt true in my opinion.
you should increment in steps with skill at construction being of more importance.
a beginner should gain some semblance of competency at construction and after that practice rendering.
>>
>>3082067
Literally no one does this. Horrible advice
>>
>>3081872
It doesn't matter. If it's finished, they go
>hurr it's a polished turd

If it's not finished,
>hurr stop doing sketches and finish things
>>
>>3082083
Stop considering KJG guys... have you heard of Icarus who flew too close to the Sun? You can't look up to KJG, don't use him in examples. His power level is too high.
>>
>>3082691

I agree. People tend to talk about a lot about KJG like it's an attainable level even when the most top artists in the field today consider him being gifted. There is no other KJG on earth so stop using him as reference.
>>
>>3082735
He's the only artist that makes me wanna quit when I see him draw. The other day I saw him pull out some watercolor palettet and wing a realistic portrait... from imagination... I had no idea he could paint too...
>>
Creativity is just as important as craftsmanship. It doesn't matter how well you render or how good your anatomy or construction is. If all of your ideas, shapes, or compositions are boring your pieces will never stick with people.
>>
>>3082067
I was inspired by manga so for the longest time I only drew with two things: pen and pencil.

It was only until I was forced to make paintings (portfolio shit, both digital and trad) that it fucking clicked.

It had to do with the fact that applying paint has substance and form that is constantly transforming, whereas pen and pencil is always going to be a Line. It's very different.

So no it's not going to be a DRAW FIRST THEN PAINT you can do whatever. It's not a calorie in calorie out kind of thing that can't be refuted on /fit/, there's really no telling. People like you who mislead others and just foster pointless debates really bring this board down.
>>
>>3081872
This is how most of architecture students pass the Vis Comm subjects taught by Fine arts graduate professors.
>>
>>3082770
>trying this hard to defend being lazy

Not gonna make it
>>
>>3082098
10k hours is how much Asian high schoolers have put into learning their instruments by the time they apply to college. Outside of a few prodigies 99% would never make it to professional level
>>
"rendering" is a meme concept
>>
>>3082098
>You realise first and foremost, this is considered mastery level for lets say to be a elite number 1 violinist in the world right?

not really, read Peak. 10k hours is a meme but for different reasons
>>
>>3081872
It highly depends.

I think the misconception here is that you should be just drawing without a purpose. You don't just go "Oh, I'm going to sketch" and after you sketch go "oh, I'm going to render it"; how it should be done is: "What am I going to focus on today, form? Blending? Light? Sketching? Anatomy? and so on, and from that decision you decide what you should do.

It would simply be a big waste of time to render every one of your sketches when you're trying to study anatomy, for instance, and this is precisely why tools like hatching are so well regarded, and why I think they're a great skill to have, even for a digital artist, because they allow you to quickly bump form without having to blend.

At least this is how I've practiced so far, and how I see things; I'm a beginner, however.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.