[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone got any info or tutorials of how to achieve the copic/paint

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: vanillawarefood.jpg (111KB, 736x519px) Image search: [Google]
vanillawarefood.jpg
111KB, 736x519px
Anyone got any info or tutorials of how to achieve the copic/paint daub looking effect Vanillaware uses for the graphics in its games? Trying to find a brush set to pull it off, see a few artists on Pixiv who use a similar style.
>>
>>3081562
learn how to use copic markers.
those artists who digitally paint that way can do so because they regularly use them.
>>
>>3081607
I know it's layers of a marker like brush. Looking for some recs.
>>
>>3081609
the point is they know how to achieve this look because it's instinctive. if you try to imitate it based on some random tutorial you'll only end up with a superficial understanding and limited rendering capability based on the examples used in the tutorial. get some basic grey markers (1,3,5,7,9) and practice rendering things. Then transfer your knowledge to digital.
>>
>>3081562
forget muh style and learn to paint opaquely (vs transparent ala watercolor), then stylize away. I dont know what about this reads as "copic" to you.

>>3081609
it's not a brush or a layer setting you're barking up the wrong tree. just learn to paint.
>>
>>3081622
I know how to use copic markers and have good fundies anon, that's why I'm trying to find brushes for the digital part. I've seen the effect imitated in a lot of jap art but obviously there's communication barriers that I can't just ask about their brush sets. Someone told me it's actually watercolor like brushes rendered to look like copic which is why I'm wondering if there's any info out there.
>>
>>3081637
manga studio has good watercolor brushes. i think some of them are compatible with photoshop. i don't know how well though
>>
>>3081562
Hard round in the program of your choice and know what the fuck you're doing.
>>
>>3081881
Hard round isn't always the answer unless you have infinite time and don't care about being efficient.
>>
>>3081562
looks like they're using a bit o' t' ol' dodge on there, so it's just watch u call a bit o' t' ol' additive mixing that gives it that transparent medium look
>>
>>3081562
saturate
>>
File: vanilla meat.png (90KB, 609x521px) Image search: [Google]
vanilla meat.png
90KB, 609x521px
>>3082016
>>3081842
>>3081881
Decided to try to create my own brush and wing it, had to do it on a very small scale for time's sake. Still have to work on learning to make the food aesthetically pleasing too. Rendering this tiny bite took me nearly 30 minutes alone, but I see the potential. What do you anons think?

>>3082008
Thanks for the hint. Using Sai 1.0 so have to rely on screen/multiply for now. Can't wait for 2.0
>>
>>3082096
more saturation. i mean its not like you can aim for realisim since theres no meat that actually looks like this
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.