[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm friends with a bunch of active drawfags, and i feel

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10

File: 1433207578241.jpg (30KB, 318x286px) Image search: [Google]
1433207578241.jpg
30KB, 318x286px
I'm friends with a bunch of active drawfags, and i feel like im expected to do things or be just as productive as them.

But i'm not, I love drawing, i love to practice, but its becoming hard to have fun with it when it feels like im expected to do it, or im expected to show immediate improvement.
The pressure is making me nervous and i enjoy drawing less because of it.

please help
>>
Stop drawing.
>>
>>3081166
This is entirely in your head. Unless your friends are as autistic as you nobody else is looking at the situation and secretly expecting you to do more than you are. If you're incapable of getting out of your head and you are finding more and more stress in art, see >>3081169
>>
Nice blog. Liked and subscribed.
>>
Artfags are some of the most self-absorbed people in existence. Even having never met them, I can guarantee your art friends are not keeping tabs on you. Their heads are so far up their own assholes that you and your art probably don't even cross their minds unless you speak to them directly.

I know you can't flip a switch and start magically feeling a certain way, but try to stop worrying so much about what other people think. Draw at a pace that works for you, and fuck everyone else.
>>
File: 60e83247.gif (626KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
60e83247.gif
626KB, 480x270px
>friends

They're not your friends. Now draw more and let them be the ones making the shit threads on my board over how much you practice.
>>
File: 66552.jpg (93KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
66552.jpg
93KB, 1366x768px
>>3081166
I searched for similar images in hopes of finding the original artist, ended up finding something even better
>>
>>3081173
>>3081183
>>3081193
Maybe it is just in my head

i cant help but feel like my lack of improvement is somehow effecting my friendship with them
i hope its just me being an autist and not something real
>>
File: lolicons.jpg (115KB, 558x470px) Image search: [Google]
lolicons.jpg
115KB, 558x470px
>>3081200
The original pics are of a loli being gangbanged, and other ones by them have beatings and rapes.
The art is nice, just be aware.
Artist is as019, most of their stuff is on hitomi etc.

>>3081166
Dont worry about what other people are doing, friends or otherwise. You love drawing and practicing and having fun, which is more valuable than you might think. A lot of people on here get too serious about grinding and such, and then years later realise they dont have fun anymore and dont know how to get back to that. Hold on to what you have, keep enjoying it.
>>
>>3081228
>Dont worry about what other people are doing, friends or otherwise
I cant help but feel like im not their friend if i dont try harder in drawing.
I do love drawing, but now every time i pick up my pen i think about how im not improving fast enough and how other friends are doing much better than I am, and I get discouraged.
Its saddening.

Maybe im just worried about being left behind.
>>
>>3081166
>talking about friends behind their back
>4chan
I know new generation is retarded, but I have good advice for you. Ask your friends, autist.
>>
>>3081248
asking friends might create conflict
>>
>>3081166
I sincerely doubt they actually care.
>>
>>3081166
Sauce ples
>>
>>3081166
its all in your head bby. drawing is a lonely adventure, just because you are friends with artists doesnt mean they have any stake in your adventure. theyre just other people to socialize with. you have to focus on drawing and what interests you, not getting shaken up by fake pressures.

I knew many people like you in school who turned very dark and just disappeared. Always a really sad thing seeing someone too hard on themselves.

There's nothing on the line, man. Just draw.
>>
>>3081228
Thanks
>>
>>3081166
come on over here girl and maybe try some of mine.
>>
File: 1427847206604.jpg (368KB, 1280x848px) Image search: [Google]
1427847206604.jpg
368KB, 1280x848px
I wish my friends did art instead of play video games every day until fucking 4am
>>
>>3081372
The disappointment in the passerby's faces makes this better.
>>
>>3081372
I wish I had friends.
>>
File: seriously.jpg (37KB, 340x565px) Image search: [Google]
seriously.jpg
37KB, 340x565px
>>3081269
>m-m-m-muh conflict
Don't be a passive aggressive fuck, if you perceive something as an issue between you and the people you claim to be your friends, how will you fix it without asking them about it? If they're really your friends and you don't get autistic about it when you bring it up, they're not going to blow up on you or something, they'll discuss it with you and work to put any problems to rest
>>
>>3081372
Why? They would just compete with you then
>>
>>3081166
this is not a blog, autistic millenial. gtfo.
>>
File: 1449528859484.png (41KB, 171x189px) Image search: [Google]
1449528859484.png
41KB, 171x189px
>>3081226
>i cant help but feel like my lack of improvement is somehow effecting my friendship with them

If anything, it's your autism that's effecting your friendship with them
>>
>>3081372
I love my friends but holy shit, developing an active social life has killed my creative drive. I broke the point where I considered myself "not shit" right before my social shift and it's been so long I'm back to "pretty shit"
>>
Wow what group are you in?
About a year ago we made a pretty succesfful friend circle of /ic/ers which ended with a tryanical bitch having a pity party and bitching at us all for not doing her "monthly assignments"
She then proceeded to make another group where you HAD to do the assignments or you would be kicked, I was not invited.

If you're reading this M , fuck you you crusty cunt.
>>
>>3081298
>>3081173
>>3081183

You guys are entirely naiive.
Not only did >>3081879 this happen to me on /ic/ but in art school I was part of a "cool kids" group where we would all gripe about how we were the only ones who "cared" about working as artists.
Once I started really struggling because of personal problems I was estranged from many of them. They talked about me behind my back saying how lazy I was. I believe, even my teachers, were in on it.
Artists are self centered, but they are also unquestionably competitive. If you don't give them good competition they have no way to validate themselves (probaby why my teachers were in on it, the second we showed we didnt care they'd take it personally).

idgaf if this is a blog post.
>>
>>3081879
Does the crusty cunt rhyme with peggy
>>
>>3081945
Holy
shit.
Who are you?
>>
File: 57324539535.png (36KB, 432x314px) Image search: [Google]
57324539535.png
36KB, 432x314px
no one wants your drama get off my board for learning how to draw chinese cartoons
>>
>>3081372
I feel the same way. I know a guy who used to draw as much as I did. He was much better than me and always doing new things. His depression killed his drive and self confidence and now he doesn't even pick up a pencil anymore.
I am trying to get him back into art now.
>>
>>3081963
i wish i had a friend like you. everyone around me sort of expects me to be a drawing machine. which i guess is nice because that means i am seen as... reliable?
>>
>>3081945
idgaf if this breaks my anonymity.
If you're not peggy than my discord name is totie#6282
lets catch up
>>
File: tsuyu shop.jpg (247KB, 850x945px) Image search: [Google]
tsuyu shop.jpg
247KB, 850x945px
>>3081962
My girlfriend is fucking right, Discordfaggots get OUT
>>
This is why I keep my distance from discancer. What childish drama.
>>
>>3081976
>>3081979
jokes on you faggots I hate discord. Its the only thing that I havnt used enough to have any attachment to my actual person to link on here
>>
>>3081166
It sucks when drawing becomes a center for anxiety. Why not just draw some really random stuff? Just turn off your brain and just draw. This helps me when I get to stressed about creating stuff, might not work for you though.

Idk
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>3081193
nice
>>
>>3081166
what are those horizontal lines through the iris meant to be
looks like some shit eye surgery, wtf
>>
Are you in the best possible situation, or do you prefer those art groups where you talk about anime / video games / personal life but art does not produce almost anything?
I prefer your situation.
>>
>>3081226
>Maybe it is just in my head
It is. It's all in your head. If they're your friends they think it's cool when you draw, but won't get on your case if you don't(unless you moan about how much you're not drawing. Stop moaning fucking draw. You all know who you are).
>>3081245
>I cant help but feel like im not their friend if i dont try harder in drawing.
That's dumb, you don't owe them drawings or something

Calm your autism
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.